• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2006 12:47 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 29, 2005
906 posts
25 upvotes

Victoria Bitter in Toronto?

Anyone know where I could get some Victoria Bitter in Toronto?

Have looked in LCBO, but nada.

And while we're at it -- What's your favourite beer?
xIcewind
6 replies
Sep 17, 2005
220 posts
You could try making some inquiries on the forums at The Bar Towel.

These days, I like the Mill St. Tankhouse, or the Denison's Weissbeer. Both draft, naturally.
Eschew obfuscation.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2747 posts
155 upvotes
Peterborough
I like my beers and odd stuff like that is tough towards impossible to find. As a matter of fact, with the chokehold the gov't has I'd be inclined to say you don't have a hope in hell here in Ontario. Unless one of the importer type guys that hangs at the bartowel.ca can get you some, but I doubt it somehow ... sigh.

What's the attraction? Nostalgic favorite?

Go downtown to Smokeless Joes. You'll find beer or two there to drown your sorrows in.
Jun 29, 2005
906 posts
25 upvotes
It's for a friend, actually. She grew up in Sydney, and loves Victoria Bitter. Was hoping to find a couple cans, but... oh well. Thanks.
xIcewind
May 25, 2003
209 posts
25 upvotes
molson was supposed to distribute the brand through the LCBO. but the LCBO site has no mention of it.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3971 posts
386 upvotes
lol .. I had VB when I went to Sydney ... thought it sucked compared to Cdn beers .. just my opinion, though!

Don't think I've seen it anywhere around here. The best place I would suggest would be your local Beer Store.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2747 posts
155 upvotes
Peterborough
xIcewind wrote:It's for a friend, actually. She grew up in Sydney, and loves Victoria Bitter. Was hoping to find a couple cans, but... oh well. Thanks.
You can get bottles of Cooper's. An ale, not a bitter, but still Oz.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)