Shopping Discussion

Victoria Secret Online or in Store prices (Toronto Area)?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2019 8:14 am
[OP]
Feb 23, 2019
2 posts

Victoria Secret Online or in Store prices (Toronto Area)?

Trying to buy some things for my gf from Victoria Secret. Online is apparently priced in USD? My total comes to about $100 USD, which includes free shipping but Sales tax and Duty are another $33.

How are the prices in the Victoria Secret stores in the GTA? Are they the same as the prices online or adjusted for the exchange rate? The reason I'm asking is it's 5 bottoms for 28.50 online, I feel like I've seen that same deal priced in CAD in the actual store. But I might be wrong.

I was wondering if I will save any money if I go to the store (it's a bit of a trip for me so I thought I'd ask here first). There's less tax/duty that's for sure, but I'm wondering if my merchandise total will still be around $100 CAD.

Thanks for any help!
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15194 posts
12348 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Go to the store !!!

Forget the pricing etc, lingerie is one of those things best bought in person
(For best results, and perhaps a bit of fun... Take your GF, SO, Wife with you)
Sizing, cut, fit etc differs by manufacturer
Plus, Intimate items usually cannot be returned
And Even if you could ... dealing with the border... doing so, is a SUPREME HEADACHE
Jan 12, 2008
380 posts
171 upvotes
Their online website is garbage for Canadians
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13356 posts
2252 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I don't shop there, but I believe VS is one of those stores that use Retail Equation to track returns (good customers vs bad ones). Since online purchases may need to be returned for various reasons, I would think seeing and trying merchandise on instore before purchasing is preferable in order to minimize returns.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stores- ... ist-2018-3
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3764 posts
3849 upvotes
Becks wrote: I don't shop there, but I believe VS is one of those stores that use Retail Equation to track returns (good customers vs bad ones). Since online purchases may need to be returned for various reasons, I would think seeing and trying merchandise on instore before purchasing is preferable in order to minimize returns.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stores- ... ist-2018-3
Sure; however, intimate items cannot be returned.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.