Victory Green in Markham - by Remington

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2023 8:04 pm
Apr 27, 2014
78 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Victory Green in Markham - by Remington

Victory green in Markham (Middlefield Rd and 14th Av) released their phase 2 on January 19th. I have attached the price list for phase 2 (36' lots). Looks like it is all sold out. Soon they may release phase3. What are your thoughts about the price in this area? They may increase the price even more for phase 3. Is the price close to realistic?
VictoryGreen36PriceList.jpg
57 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
If it is sold out within 2 days then I guess the price is unrealistically.... low.
a
Apr 27, 2014
78 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
elty wrote: If it is sold out within 2 days then I guess the price is unrealistically.... low.
Thanks.
Just to confirm are they unrealistically "Low" ?.
I am not familiar with the area and someone who either bought in this area and/or familiar with the area may be able to comment out more.
Penalty Box
Mar 27, 2004
10493 posts
9009 upvotes
Toronto
prices good
Full-time Realtor
Penalty Box
Mar 27, 2004
10493 posts
9009 upvotes
Toronto
DealZealot wrote: Thanks.
they didn't raise prices much. but I know the larger units they had difficulty selling
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2646 posts
2437 upvotes
Honestly seems ridiculous for the area but they're selling so what can you say.
Jul 21, 2012
37 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Prices are reasonable. The area is very convenient and close to supermarket and a good High School. It's a great buy if you are able to afford it.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
wittyG113 wrote: Prices are reasonable. The area is very convenient and close to supermarket and a good High School. It's a great buy if you are able to afford it.
I know that school well, lets just say its most defiantly not in the same league as PET, Unionville or Bur Oak.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2646 posts
2437 upvotes
wittyG113 wrote: Prices are reasonable. The area is very convenient and close to supermarket and a good High School. It's a great buy if you are able to afford it.
I know the area well. You can get resale for around 15-20% cheaper if not more easily with better finishes and this is based on their starting prices. Of course there is a premium for new so perhaps to some people it's worth it. Regardless, it's selling so I guess you're right.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
DealZealot wrote: Thanks.
Just to confirm are they unrealistically "Low" ?.
I am not familiar with the area and someone who either bought in this area and/or familiar with the area may be able to comment out more.
Sorry, I wasn't serious and meant to be sarcastic. I only pass by that area very occasionally and not a fan of it (or Miliken in general).
a
Dec 13, 2014
608 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto, ON
As of tomorrow prices will be increased again

extra 50k
Last edited by TheAgent416 on Jan 22nd, 2021 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 27, 2014
78 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
moofur wrote: I know the area well. You can get resale for around 15-20% cheaper if not more easily with better finishes and this is based on their starting prices. Of course there is a premium for new so perhaps to some people it's worth it. Regardless, it's selling so I guess you're right.
Thanks.

Just curious, is paying 15% premium worth for a new build in any area (not particularly this development). I mean with respect to maintenance etc.?
Also, a decade from now will the price be the same for both resale(lets say 15 yreas old house in 2021) and new (brand new house in 2021)? Just for knowledge perspective want to know if the extra premium is paid for new sale now, will the newer house be able to sell for 15% more later (lets says a decade from now in 2031)
Apr 27, 2014
78 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheAgent416 wrote: As of tomorrow prices will be increased again

extra 50k
Oh really?
This means from phase 1 in Oct the price will be up by 100K.

How about 41' lots. They have lot left.

A general question about the new release(es) from builders. Once they release the new price list, will the price increase for any left out inventory from previous phases or will they honour the old price list.
Dec 13, 2014
608 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DealZealot wrote: Oh really?
This means from phase 1 in Oct the price will be up by 100K.

How about 41' lots. They have lot left.

A general question about the new release(es) from builders. Once they release the new price list, will the price increase for any left out inventory from previous phases or will they honour the old price list.
everything
Jan 22, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
There is no premium to pricing because builders are competing against resale market. Normally they decide pricing on basis of the closing date i.e. projected pricing. In summary 10-15% additional pricing will offset to market price of the area during closing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)