• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2019 11:42 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 18, 2019
18 posts
4 upvotes

Video Cards

Hi. Looking for suggestions on what to get for a PC video card for a new build PC. I missed out on all the recent ~$150 RX 570 deals and can't find anything similar for a decent price. Not a gamer (although I may try out a game or two once I get a video card), nor do I plan on mining for crypto-currencies.

I have no preference when it comes to Nvidia vs. AMD, and I'm clueless with all the choices and models available out there.

Any suggestions?
8 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19455 posts
3519 upvotes
Toronto
If you're not going to game on it you may as well just get a motherboard with Intel graphics. They've come a long way.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7093 posts
1425 upvotes
Toronto
That $150 Rx570 with 2 games, that sale happened atleast 2 times if not 3 times. If you can wait then I am sure it will pop up again.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
[OP]
Mar 18, 2019
18 posts
4 upvotes
I already bought a Ryzen 5 2600, so I can't go with on-board graphics now. I guess I'll have to wait out the ongoing deals.

Are there any older generation video cards still worth buying that wouldn't be useless in a year or two?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
BodyCount wrote: I already bought a Ryzen 5 2600, so I can't go with on-board graphics now. I guess I'll have to wait out the ongoing deals.

Are there any older generation video cards still worth buying that wouldn't be useless in a year or two?
rx570 is already below mid end. It is competent at 1080 resolutions though. No worries about getting a 570 deals because they really have to clear this out and the sooner the better.
Sep 13, 2011
964 posts
621 upvotes
Québec
BodyCount wrote: I already bought a Ryzen 5 2600, so I can't go with on-board graphics now. I guess I'll have to wait out the ongoing deals.

useless for what ? you said you were not gaming. If you want to do videoediting, cuda is great, so get a Nvdia card.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4573 upvotes
Alberta
But a video card made by EVGA. Nobody even comes close when it comes to their warranty and customer service.
[OP]
Mar 18, 2019
18 posts
4 upvotes
Can anyone recommend any other lines of video cards to look out for or to avoid? I really need to finish putting this PC together and I can't wait around for any potential sales.
Banned
May 14, 2019
6 posts
Coquitlam
Piro21 wrote: If you're not going to game on it you may as well just get a motherboard with Intel graphics. They've come a long way.
Yup. I completely agree. but if you have plans to game on it then yeah better purchase videocard now.