1669 posts
4870 upvotes
Montreal

PS3 - DRAKENGARD 3 $29.99 & PS3 - NIER $29.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
VideoGamesPlus
VideoGamesPlus seems to have restocked these two old titles for the ps3.
This would be for anyone that played Nier Automata and may wants to revisit older titles of the universe as new prices for these might have gone up.
Free ship starts at $50.

NIER - PS3 $29.99
https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/p ... s/nier-ps3

DRAKENGARD 3 - PS3 $29.99 CAD
https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/p ... gard-3-ps3

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is the remake of Nier Replicant.
Nier is known as Nier Gestalt when it released in Japan. Since they only localized this version to the west, they removed the Gestalt from the title. Both originally played similarly except Replicant is the younger brother and Gestalt is the father and they thought the father was more appropriate for the west.

Drakengard 3 falls early in the timeline.
Drakengard 3 > Drakengard 1 > Nier (Replicant, Replicant ver.1.22474487139...,Gestalt) > Nier Automata
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5273 posts
3735 upvotes
Vancouver
EananC641158 wrote: PS3? Is it 2009?
This is really for collectors more than gamers. If a gamer wants either games, they should be listed on PSN store and likely been on sale multiple times for less (honestly didnt keep track but i know nier have been on sale a lot). If you want physical copies of them however, its probably tough to find.

Edit did a quick search after my post, it looks like the original nier is not listed on PSN store (at least the online/web store).
Last edited by Paigne on Aug 24th, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1835 posts
451 upvotes
I remember nobody wanted Drakkengard 3 when it was everywhere for 9.99 a few years ago. Suddenly it's a deal at 29.99?

Also, you are better off with the upgraded/remastered version of Nier.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2697 posts
2020 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks OP! Was just wanting to play Nier, good timing!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2697 posts
2020 upvotes
Scarborough
Debonair wrote: I remember nobody wanted Drakkengard 3 when it was everywhere for 9.99 a few years ago. Suddenly it's a deal at 29.99?

What remastered version
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2697 posts
2020 upvotes
Scarborough
Debonair wrote: Are you trying to make a joke?
No? I thought replicant was some Japan release that was being brought to NA… is it the same game as Nier?
Apr 17, 2008
74 posts
19 upvotes
thanks OP for posting physical disc verison
for best experience for these games, use RPCS3
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1835 posts
451 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: No? I thought replicant was some Japan release that was being brought to NA… is it the same game as Nier?
Sorry, I thought you were being facetious. it's the same game - it has a different protagonist. Minor differences from Gestalt.

I suppose if you really want to play as the father/older guy then you'd want to play Gestalt (or this version) but otherwise the new game is superior.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1669 posts
4870 upvotes
Montreal
zylonite wrote: Are these used or brand new copies?
New copies, don't think I've gotten any used games from videogamesplus before.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7008 posts
1530 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
skinnydoggy wrote: No? I thought replicant was some Japan release that was being brought to NA… is it the same game as Nier?
It's complicated.

In the west, OG PS3/XBox 360 release is technically Neir Gestalt which starred Neir as the father to Yonah. In Japan, there's only the PS3 version which was technically named Neir Replicant which starred Neir as the brother to Yonah.

Both games were released as Neir however, and other than the protag all the content of the games are pretty much exactly the same.

The recent remake was based on the Replicant version, so it's the first time we can play as brother Neir in the west, so it's new in only that sense. Otherwise it's just a remake of Neir as we know it.

If it helps, Neir Replicant has always been the official canonical version. Neir Gestalt was made because for some reason Squareenix thought the west like play as a older burly man instead of a bishonen teenager.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Dec 16, 2015
467 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Paigne wrote: This is really for collectors more than gamers. If a gamer wants either games, they should be listed on PSN store and likely been on sale multiple times for less (honestly didnt keep track but i know nier have been on sale a lot). If you want physical copies of them however, its probably tough to find.

Edit did a quick search after my post, it looks like the original nier is not listed on PSN store (at least the online/web store).
Didn’t the PSN store close down for PS3
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5273 posts
3735 upvotes
Vancouver
soulrebell wrote: Didn’t the PSN store close down for PS3
Don’t think so. I remember in April or may, Sony announced ps3 and vita stores will continue. I haven’t really kept track tho.
Dec 16, 2015
467 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Paigne wrote: Don’t think so. I remember in April or may, Sony announced ps3 and vita stores will continue. I haven’t really kept track tho.
Wow, ur right! Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5299 posts
4293 upvotes
Is Square reprinting these games? They are known to reprint old PS1 games.

The value will tank if these are reprints.

Edit: Looks like there is a huge reprint run. First 2 listings on eBay shows 500+ / 600+ sold for Nier and 700+ / 500+ for Drakengard.

Don't bother collecting disc based Square games.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4172 posts
4660 upvotes
Ottawa
Debonair wrote: I remember nobody wanted Drakkengard 3 when it was everywhere for 9.99 a few years ago. Suddenly it's a deal at 29.99?

Speak for yourself, I would have murdered people for Drakkengard 3 for $10. It was sold out in my city though.

It's funny that Wario64 covered this restock.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3428 posts
1167 upvotes
BC
WL1980 wrote: Is Square reprinting these games? They are known to reprint old PS1 games.

The value will tank if these are reprints.

Edit: Looks like there is a huge reprint run. First 2 listings on eBay shows 500+ / 600+ sold for Nier and 700+ / 500+ for Drakengard.

Don't bother collecting disc based Square games.
*Looks at copy of xenogears* I don't know about that.