Tags:
[OP]
Jun 19, 2009
328 posts
34 upvotes
Montreal

[Videotron] 15Gb for 45$ - Bring your phone

Deal Link:
I got this deal in my email this morning, 45$ for 15Gb (+100 GB for the year) if you bring your device. For actual videotron clients, maybe QC only YMMV.

Edit : This seems to be an offer targeted to selected customers only, YMMV.
Images
  • videotron.PNG
Last edited by Ixezed on Nov 19th, 2020 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
28 replies
Jan 15, 2006
35 posts
32 upvotes
Looks like it’s $55/month in Ontario, FYI.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1123 posts
841 upvotes
Does Videotron have Canada-wide coverage?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1539 posts
2237 upvotes
Quebecor CEO PKK is a known separatist. Despite being an attractive deal can't in good conscious support this.
Wallet safe.

Cheers, KH

Edit: Current Stats: 1369 posts 1963 upvotes Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6072 posts
2427 upvotes
Canuckland
haba wrote: Looks like it’s $55/month in Ontario, FYI.
What network do they run in?
Feb 14, 2002
393 posts
70 upvotes
I got a similar flyer in the mail in Ottawa for 10 gb plus the extra 100 gb..
Last edited by chileung on Nov 18th, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2283 posts
1772 upvotes
Ottawa
DealCanuck wrote: What network do they run in?
Videotron has their own towers in Quebec and Ottawa, but outside of their network, they can run off of partner towers, which means any of the big 3. I've been with Videotron for over 2 years and have never had issues with reception. Only time when I'm out of reception is when everyone else on the major networks are out as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1083 posts
482 upvotes
Ottawa
Masernaut wrote: Does Videotron have Canada-wide coverage?
Yes but you have to be a resident of Quebec or Ottawa
Oct 21, 2015
334 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Didn’t see anywhere mentioning the availability outside QC. Anyone talked to the rep?
Dec 8, 2019
107 posts
137 upvotes
haba wrote: Looks like it’s $55/month in Ontario, FYI.
Their website is showing $45 for Ottawa now, maybe they just updated it.
Tempting, but too bad I won't be able to keep my old 647 number
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1497 posts
340 upvotes
Ottawa
Read the fine prints of restrictions.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1346 posts
340 upvotes
Ottawa
Been with Videotron for 4 years now (Ottawa)...no problems, decent speeds and coverage. BUT: customer support is absolutely atrocious. If you ever need either to talk to someone, or go to a store...I have horror stories for you.
Buyer beware.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
May 7, 2007
92 posts
419 upvotes
Montreal
ipse wrote: Been with Videotron for 4 years now (Ottawa)...no problems, decent speeds and coverage. BUT: customer support is absolutely atrocious. If you ever need either to talk to someone, or go to a store...I have horror stories for you.
Buyer beware.
Absolutely agree
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2194 posts
1391 upvotes
Due to this Videotron special, shall we have a free 5GB add on from Koodo this time for QC?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6072 posts
2427 upvotes
Canuckland
Chrno wrote: Videotron has their own towers in Quebec and Ottawa, but outside of their network, they can run off of partner towers, which means any of the big 3. I've been with Videotron for over 2 years and have never had issues with reception. Only time when I'm out of reception is when everyone else on the major networks are out as well.
Right but outside of QC, there are only a handful of providers.

Either Robbers network or Bhellus
[OP]
Jun 19, 2009
328 posts
34 upvotes
Montreal
siennaLe2008 wrote: Due to this Videotron special, shall we have a free 5GB add on from Koodo this time for QC?
I called Koodo this morning, I had 2Gb for 35$ plan, the only thing they could give me is 2Gb more. I haggled for 1hour to get a free +4Gb addon, was transfered between 3 persons, but at the end they couldn't do better than a free +2Gb, better than nothing. So now I have 4Gb for 35$. The Koodo rep told me to call next week for black friday, they will have better offers probably.

They offered me a 5Gb plan for 45$ to match Videotron offer, they cannot give better price than the market, according to the rep I spoke to. It's really hard to negotiate with Koodo these days if you are already a customer, they only have good deals for new customers.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1346 posts
340 upvotes
Ottawa
Chrno wrote: Videotron has their own towers in Quebec and Ottawa, but outside of their network, they can run off of partner towers, which means any of the big 3. I've been with Videotron for over 2 years and have never had issues with reception. Only time when I'm out of reception is when everyone else on the major networks are out as well.
You roam freely and unlimited on Robbers...if Robbers does not have coverage and they resort to Bhellus, you are limited to 50% of your data usage...
As attractive as some of the Freedom plans are, Videotron is a better option for people in NCR.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Oct 22, 2008
317 posts
251 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
KravenHead wrote: Quebecor CEO PKK is a known separatist. Despite being an attractive deal can't in good conscious support this.
Wallet safe.

Cheers, KH

Edit: Current Stats: 1369 posts 1963 upvotes Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Of course PKP is a separatist, he led the party for a while and drove it the ground. Regardless of your views on this, he's also related to Brian Mulroney somehow ( I think he's the god child), so all this to say, politics is more about influence than ideology, and it gets real twisted and complicated when you start to squint and look for the logic behind it all.

The deal is good, forget about the rest.

Tx OP