Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Videotron

Fizz: Discount Internet Service $30 to $75 per month 10 to 120 Mbps Unlimited + FREE modem rental + FREE installation

Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
Temporel wrote: If you are a new customer and have no other service with Videotron, the 400/50 Mbps package is $75 per month for 12 months. Then the regular price is $85 per month... unless you like to negotiate every 12 months... just saying.
I think for many RFDers, negotiating once a year is not a huge undertaking. In my experience, Videotron reps are very willing to give customers discounts.

Fizz needs to lower the price if they want to compete. At lower speeds, Virgin offers 25/10 for $50 and 100/10 for $70. New customers get 1 month free, existing get $10 off monthly. You also get free modem + free installation + customer support. Unless Bell isn't great in your area, it's a no brainer.
Feb 16, 2003
762 posts
167 upvotes
I'm not a customer yet, planning either to go with Carrytel (why a reseller is cheaper!) or them. How does pricing works for current customers? I assumed whenever they lower their prices, you will get the lower prices aswell. But what if they decided (unlikely but) to increase their prices?
WTB:
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25725 upvotes
Montreal
Zen wrote: (...) I assumed whenever they lower their prices, you will get the lower prices as well. But what if they decided (unlikely but) to increase their prices?
Yes and prices could go up.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
Zen wrote: I'm not a customer yet, planning either to go with Carrytel (why a reseller is cheaper!) or them. How does pricing works for current customers? I assumed whenever they lower their prices, you will get the lower prices aswell. But what if they decided (unlikely but) to increase their prices?
Resellers are cheaper as they don't have to put out the money for the primary costs of building the infrastructure. They are essentially selling you the use of the infrastructure someone else built.

As for the assumption if you get the lower price if they offer it, it depends on who they are offering it to. If they are offering it to new customers only, you may have to bargain with them to get it. If they are applying that lower cost to all customers, then you should be eligible. You have to stay on top of what is being offered and if you should be entitled to it as an existing customer. You also have to make sure that you are getting this lower price, don't assume they are doing this for you. It could be by accident that you are not getting a lower price, on purpose (special promo applying only to specific type of customer), or some other reason.
Oct 19, 2013
92 posts
78 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Decent prices for unlimited cable internet
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
551 upvotes
Montreal
Since you're in Montreal, I should tell you that Bell is 54.95$-59.95$ for Gigabyte Internet.
Mar 8, 2012
486 posts
89 upvotes
Montreal
Leshaundon wrote: Since you're in Montreal, I should tell you that Bell is 54.95$-59.95$ for Gigabyte Internet.
Where did you see that offer?
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
551 upvotes
Montreal
Call or go in a corporate store. Centre Laval or Fairview. At the very least 500Mbs should be a better deal than fizz *cough* videotron.

But Videotron has better CS than Bell so..
Apr 26, 2012
58 posts
38 upvotes
VERDUN
lol bhell offers max 25 mbps on their rickety stinger remote with very unstable upload in my area... what bell calls fiber is very old and unstable dsl.
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
If you're in Montreal, do you get a Montreal IP? I'm with Teksavvy and getting Toronto IP, soooo annoying.

How come Fizz doesn't offer 400mbps?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3234 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
crockpot wrote: If you're in Montreal, do you get a Montreal IP? I'm with Teksavvy and getting Toronto IP, soooo annoying.

How come Fizz doesn't offer 400mbps?

Fizz is a subbrand of Videotron so unless Videotron allows them they wont, be able to

Just like Fizz doesn't have VOLTE and yes they give a MTL IP

If you have more question like a ref code just PM me :D
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25725 upvotes
Montreal
crockpot wrote: If you're in Montreal, do you get a Montreal IP? (...) How come Fizz doesn't offer 400mbps?
Montreal IP address.

Vidéotron = Flagship

Fizz = Discount brand
Feb 19, 2018
487 posts
468 upvotes
Montréal, QC
So right now the prices are pretty low, do you get grandfathered in or should we expect increases in a few months?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
will the beta pricing go away if tere will be no more sim card in the account?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25725 upvotes
Montreal
grosbmi wrote: So right now the prices are pretty low, do you get grandfathered in or should we expect increases in a few months?
No more grandfathered prices for new subscribers. Expect Fizz's behavior to be like any other provider.
L4cky wrote: will the beta pricing go away if tere will be no more sim card in the account?
No. Mobile and Home Internet are independent products. Even if you cancel your mobile service, you will keep your beta pricing for Home Internet for as long as you don't make changes to your plan.
Last edited by Temporel on Jun 10th, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
wfejk3 wrote: they offered me $59.95/mo for the 1st 12 months as an existing customer
After u quit?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Dec 11, 2018
82 posts
45 upvotes
No it was a promo in the mail. Debating between this and Fizz. I don’t do a lot of downloading
Nov 19, 2014
159 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal, QC
frank358fr wrote: Who tried Fizz and give us there opinion on it.
Fizz customer here, Internet was down only when it was down for Videotron as well. If your internet is down around 8 pm or later, you will not be able to reach the customer care service until next day. For the last 4 months, I have been happy. $45 including tax for 120 Mbps.

Videotron gives one modem and one router.
This works much better than the fizz modem which has a built-in router. I connected the Videotron router to my Fizz because I had internet drop issues with the fizz modem. I believe it could not handle 8+ devices.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)