Expired Hot Deals

Videotron

Helix Internet 100mbps for $38 and 400mbps Internet $52, YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2021 12:28 pm
Sr. Member
Feb 23, 2005
795 posts
238 upvotes
Max_89 wrote: I don’t know how you get the deal. I live on the south shore of Montréal and the price I see using my adress: 65$ for 100 mbs, 70$ for 400 mbs.
52$ does exist in Montreal, especially downtown area.
other area might be 58$ if you have your own equipment otherwise 70$
I'm still in the process of replacing the gateway with my own purchased one to save 288+tax - 20$.
Newbie
Apr 12, 2021
24 posts
40 upvotes
Temporel wrote: I looked under my couch and didn't find any Helix modem. Since it's mandatory to have it you should add $12 to the price in the title. Then IF someone happens to have a Helix modem, deduct $12.

2 years from now. Videotron's prices will be higher than $82 per month because like Bhell, it's a premium brand (not a discount brand) and they will keep raising their prices regularly. You won't be able to negotiate another discount. Many have tried. That means switching ISP again or paying through the nose.

Also, the Helix modem you will have paid for will be locked to Videotron.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to hate every aspect of this Helix BS. Their goal is clearly to phase out their normal internet and put a subscription service in place where you don't control your local router and pay by number of connected devices.

I'm really hoping they fail.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7454 posts
7920 upvotes
Erick2142 wrote: I'm glad I'm not the only one to hate every aspect of this Helix BS. Their goal is clearly to phase out their normal internet and put a subscription service in place where you don't control your local router and pay by number of connected devices.

I'm really hoping they fail.
please educate me on what you are stating here... ??
Newbie
Apr 12, 2021
24 posts
40 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: please educate me on what you are stating here... ??
There's been a time when they were limiting the number of connected devices on your helix depending on your speed. Maybe I'm a geek, but I like beeing able to replace my router with a more capable one either for speed or for functionality and you can't do that with helix.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 11, 2008
941 posts
589 upvotes
Quebec
Erick2142 wrote: There's been a time when they were limiting the number of connected devices on your helix depending on your speed. Maybe I'm a geek, but I like beeing able to replace my router with a more capable one either for speed or for functionality and you can't do that with helix.
Can't you put your router/modem in bridge mode and use whatever router you want?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7454 posts
7920 upvotes
Erick2142 wrote: There's been a time when they were limiting the number of connected devices on your helix depending on your speed. Maybe I'm a geek, but I like beeing able to replace my router with a more capable one either for speed or for functionality and you can't do that with helix.
I am with Videotron since theey first offer the Internet. You can use your own router. Same with Helix, just put the Helix FI gateway in bridge mode.

Now, about the number of connected devices... I have the old 60 Mbps plan, and sometime it goes over 20+ connected devices at the same time. Never got disconnected, or had connection issues..
Member
User avatar
Sep 23, 2007
291 posts
73 upvotes
Yul
Gr4v1ty wrote: Can't you put your router/modem in bridge mode and use whatever router you want?
Some people just don't know how to do a little homework to SAVE some $$$. There so much information on this & other forms on how to.

It's just a question of taking the time to understand the different options. Not everyone needs are the same.

So do some research read then read again you will save $$$Thumbs Up Sign
Newbie
Oct 10, 2020
41 posts
41 upvotes
I see 73$ (98$ after 24m) for 1.5GB right now, which is pretty decent.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)