Expired Hot Deals

[Videotron] Ottawa area/Quebec BYOD plans $55/9gb data - $58/12gb data - $61/15gb data (all with unlimited calling and text)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2019 5:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1751 upvotes
Kingston, ON

[Videotron] Ottawa area/Quebec BYOD plans $55/9gb data - $58/12gb data - $61/15gb data (all with unlimited calling and text)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Videotron
More offers from Videotron
Looks like Videotron has some nice new BYOD plans with extra data added as a promo (3x regular data). I do believe all plans come with unlimited canada wide calling, text/MMS, voicemail and caller id, call waiting etc).
27 replies
Jun 12, 2019
266 posts
388 upvotes
Any idea when promotion will end ? Looked on website couldn't find anything
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1167 posts
553 upvotes
Ottawa
Dealscavenger613 wrote: Any idea when promotion will end ? Looked on website couldn't find anything
Videotron never discloses how long their promos will last. They end when they end.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1480 posts
983 upvotes
Near You
Meanwhile, in BC, we cry.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Mar 30, 2008
16 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Did this over the weekend. On top of this because we brought two phone lines over, the third phone line for my daughter (with unlimited text and calling but no data) was 0.05$ a month, or unlimited text and calling and 1 GB of data for just under 5 dollars a month. Was able to keep all of our (613) area code numbers. Great deals to be had.
Sep 23, 2014
657 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Now we wait for the big 3 to respond, and act accordingly Winking Face.
Jan 13, 2002
443 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone in Ontario access this plan since it's available in Ottawa and is usable accross Canada? (or someone with an Ottawa-friend?)
Mar 16, 2006
286 posts
259 upvotes
I’m interested in their family plan but ...

Currently have Fizz and roaming is very spotty as they seem to have an issue transitioning local to partner towers.

Too many times on 401 and Toronto I lost service outright.

I have since learned that videotron has had similar issues and I don’t think they have been resolved. Solutions seem to include rebooting phone, manually changing network service (can’t do that while driving).

I’m not a big data user but when I want it it had better work.

Anyone know if resolved for videotron?
Last edited by amac on Aug 12th, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 23, 2014
657 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fredder wrote: Can anyone in Ontario access this plan since it's available in Ottawa and is usable accross Canada? (or someone with an Ottawa-friend?)
If you roam outside of Videotron coverage (Ottawa and QC) for more than 50% of the month, they'll cancel your plan.
Last edited by LockAndKey on Aug 12th, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 16, 2006
286 posts
259 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: If you roam outside of Videotron coverage (Ottawa amd QC) for more than 50% of the month, they'll cancel your plan.
and I believe Bell is threatening to shut off Videotron roaming on Bell’s network because of abuses.

I’m in Ottawa most of the time so not a big deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3280 posts
3229 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
LockAndKey wrote: If you roam outside of Videotron coverage (Ottawa and QC) for more than 50% of the month, they'll cancel your plan.
They talk big but in my experience they don't do anything if you're roaming on the Rogers network. Roaming on Bell might be different i suppose.

GF moved here from QC and she kept her videotron plan for more than a year without issue, because it was cheaper than any plan here for similar data. Just recently switched to Freedom mobile.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2353 posts
1925 upvotes
Ottawa
LockAndKey wrote: If you roam outside of Videotron coverage (Ottawa and QC) for more than 50% of the month, they'll cancel your plan.
It's actually 50% of 3 month's usage, but the limitation is essentially the same - pretty much not for non-QC and non-Ottawa residents.
Sep 23, 2014
657 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Safe bet is to wait for other carriers to offer the same promo as Videotron, and they usually catch up quick from past experience. Then you won't have to worry about roaming.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1752 posts
1333 upvotes
Going to try to see if Koodo will be willing to finally budge on my plan.... currently $60/10GB + LDv2, wouldn't mind being matched to the $58 12GB.
Mar 16, 2006
286 posts
259 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Safe bet is to wait for other carriers to offer the same promo as Videotron, and they usually catch up quick from past experience. Then you won't have to worry about roaming.
Agreed but hoping deal comes soon.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1611 posts
473 upvotes
Canada
Rogers/Bell offers $65/15GB in response
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1246 posts
3136 upvotes
People with a limited understanding of how things work always spread misinformation.

Look here to actually learn how Videotron treats roaming.

What is “extended coverage”?
Extended coverage refers to all the providers that are a part of the **Partner 2 network**. It’s available across Quebec and nationwide.  Extended coverage kicks in when the Videotron network or main partner network is out of range—that’s why you’ll see **PRTNR2** displayed onscreen when you’re connected to it.

Are there usage restrictions on Videotron’s extended coverage?
**Extended coverage** partner networks should be used to complement Videotron network coverage, and as such should be used in a limited fashion. We reserve the right to restrict access to our partner networks if a customer doesn’t use the Videotron network for the majority three consecutive billing cycles.

Videotron network *or* PRTNR1 = home network

PRTNR2 = extended coverage

Tl;dr If you "roam" on PRTNR1 (Rogers) for an extended period of time it's the same as the home network of Videotron
Nov 24, 2015
116 posts
73 upvotes
ips1177 wrote: lies
He ain't lying, ROGERS
65$ (15GB unlimited) for 24 month (promotion discount of 10$)
Every line that you add up is 20$ off making it 55$ a month with 15GB unlimited (24month promotion of 20$)

However, BELL is 10GB only unlimited 65$, do not know if they have 20$ off for second line/or more