Roxboro, QC

[Videotron] QC only Videotron 400 61$-71$

Deal Link:
Price:
61$
Retailer:
Videotron
More offers from Videotron
Site says 71$ but for many addresses, price can be as low as 61$.
Includes 10$ modem financing to purchase. Paid over 24 months.
Good for 24 months then price increases to 81$.
For 400 speed, resellers are more expensive and connection quality can't be beat. Best you can get in most areas on the island with no FTTH.

P.S.: If you are coming from Ontario i know your prices are better, no need to remind us.
131 replies
Feb 25, 2017
4 posts
11 upvotes
The only problem is the equipment: it’s included in the price but if you cancel before the contract ends (24 months) it has to be paid in full ( total price $240 + tax )
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1152 posts
1194 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Ndanyn wrote: The only problem is the equipment: it’s included in the price but if you cancel before the contract ends (24 months) it has to be paid in full ( total price $240 + tax )
why would you cancel during the promo period where the price is great?
Feb 25, 2017
4 posts
11 upvotes
The idea of being locked in for 2 years doesn’t suit me.
Great offer and service otherwise.
Jun 28, 2017
23 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks OP, this is a great QC deal for internet. I heard from friends Helix Wifi hardware is good. Hmmm... Lazy to pull the trigger White Up Pointing Backhand Index
Sep 23, 2007
250 posts
53 upvotes
Yul
inik^ wrote: It shows 55 for me in Laval!
I think that is the price if you have your own HELIX Modem..... Can you please check again.

Thanks for sharing Rainbow
Nov 13, 2007
499 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks op. This is a pretty good deal.

I'm currently on fizz 120 since beta with a price of 37 tax in including the monthly bonuses. But looking for faster connection. Fizz has 200 at double the price I'm paying now. Not worth it imo. This Vidéotron deal is looking good. Though 65$ for 400 in my area (Brossard)

Hesitant to double my spending on internet's though. Then have to deal with this internet shopping all over again in 2 years, plus lose the grandfathered fizz 120 plan at beta pricing.

Decisions decisions.

WWBBD? (What Would Brian Boytano Do?)
Sep 26, 2016
119 posts
103 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
The Helix modem's wifi is abysmal. Intermittently drop signal during the day, you better have your own router
Dec 1, 2018
170 posts
199 upvotes
They make you buy their Helix Fi gateway. But is it worth the price? Is it usable outside their internet?
Sep 23, 2007
250 posts
53 upvotes
Yul
sunmagic wrote: The Helix modem's wifi is abysmal. Intermittently drop signal during the day, you better have your own router
You're not the first to report that. Because now Videotron actually supports putting the Helix Modem in Brigd Modem so you can use your own router.

That's good news for any have a larger home or just wanting to use their own equipment.
Feb 19, 2018
268 posts
220 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Cheaper on BF at $55+$10.

HIghly recommend buying the modem/router on fb marketplace for $140-160
May 7, 2007
99 posts
422 upvotes
Montreal
Don't trust their advertisement.
I subscribed for $60 about 2 months ago and they sent me an email that they will increase price for $2 per month on this coming march.
May 22, 2004
601 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
Seeing 55+10 on the address I checked. Great deal especially if you can get the Helix gateway below retail. Best price I'm seeing is $150.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1604 posts
1057 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks, was paying about that for regular 400 with a $20/month loyalty discount that just expired. Going to use this deal to see if I can renew it and keep my non-Helix setup. Will report back, chat taking a while.
Aug 21, 2011
247 posts
187 upvotes
Montreal
ol' dirty ewok wrote: Thanks op. This is a pretty good deal.

I'm currently on fizz 120 since beta with a price of 37 tax in including the monthly bonuses. But looking for faster connection. Fizz has 200 at double the price I'm paying now. Not worth it imo. This Vidéotron deal is looking good. Though 65$ for 400 in my area (Brossard)

Hesitant to double my spending on internet's though. Then have to deal with this internet shopping all over again in 2 years, plus lose the grandfathered fizz 120 plan at beta pricing.

Decisions decisions.

WWBBD? (What Would Brian Boytano Do?)
Same here, but at lower speed. You got a great deal !
I'm on 60/10/Unlimited for 34.49 tax in...and I whish I had taken a faster speed back in the beta subscription....now deciding if I want to also pay more then twice that...
Jul 3, 2008
791 posts
256 upvotes
boisbriand
Just be careful if you already have their regular cable internet. When you switch to helix, you can lose promotions that were bundled with other services
The rep didn't told me that when I got this promo and found it the hard way on my next bill. To get back to the old plan was a litteral nightmare Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 8, 2008
336 posts
457 upvotes
gatineau
Should not have to pay for their required modem, especially since most would want to use their own, much better routers.

Videotron rep came to my door last week offering this or something similar, but told me the modem was free. I asked if I could at least use my own router as I currently do, and she said I had to use the helix modem/router. I passed, as I have their previous 400+ Mbit plan, which uses a technicolor modem that they provided.

But their helix plans appear cheaper…just don't want to be bound to a modem/router, or pay for it.
Apr 12, 2020
20 posts
21 upvotes
sunmagic wrote: The Helix modem's wifi is abysmal. Intermittently drop signal during the day, you better have your own router
Agreed. That's why I set it at Bridge Mode and use my own Netgear R7000.
Apr 17, 2020
37 posts
55 upvotes
I’m stuck on the 120mbps fizz plan that I pay 35$ for..... I really want a faster speed but I don’t think it’s worth it to lose this price. Videotron 400mbps is 51$ in my area but then a forced 10$ a month for the garbage helix router.