Videotron QC 16GB Data plan for 65$!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2019 6:05 pm
[OP]
Mar 26, 2018
33 posts
125 upvotes
Montreal
yow2kvil wrote: They are just giving people an example of what they can use their extra 7GB for. Besides, limiting data to one specific use is against Canada's net neutrality rules.
Read before say anything! It’s not limited ! Go see conditions on videotron ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1191 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
MaximeJ681131 wrote: Read before say anything! It’s not limited ! Go see conditions on videotron ;)
I have not idea what your point is.

This is what the conditions say.
This volume corresponds to the average data usage for 40 hours of moderate-quality streaming on the majority of apps available on the market. The advertised average listening time is simply to contextualize the usage allowed by the 7 Gb Data Add-on. However, the Data Add-on can also be applied to other data usage throughout Canada.
Dec 23, 2015
85 posts
97 upvotes
toronto
Said212 wrote: Yup. Agreed. I have a Quebec 4GB for 55 on month to month and just waiting for a deal to jump on...anything better than Fido hell I'm in. Just need a new-ish phone as I'm using an S7.
Hey, if you say you're leaving, they offered me $44 for 8 GB. That's what I have with fido now - BYOD.
People should be asking for this all over quebec, bc I know a few friends who have this with Fido.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2854 posts
683 upvotes
Ottawa
yow2kvil wrote: Videotron service is great in Ottawa
I work downtown Ottawa, and in many buildings the reception is horrendous. Never seen this issue with Telus/Koodo.
May 30, 2015
657 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jeffg1 wrote: I dont agree with you on that. My girlfriend signed up for up for 10 gigs with purchase of new phone, and lives in Newfoundland, (no Rogers service in her city, only bell) and quality of call is simply better then she had on bell over there. I live in Montreal, using the s9 plus and I have never dipped below 4 bars on the videotron network.

what I wrote about Montréal again ?? Oh right , that the signal is excellent there. Sadly it is not the same outside the cities mentioned in my previous post, I know, Im currently with them and travel around the province all the time. Not the only one complaining btw. They do have a problem where they have both towers available.
Jul 18, 2010
8 posts
That hasn't been my experience. Where you can't get Videotron's network you can roam anywhere that partner 1 (Rogers) has coverage and, if that isn't available, anywhere that partner 2 (Bell/Telus) has coverage. Basically, you get coverage anywhere where Videotron, Rogers, or Bell/Telus has coverage. That isn't true for Koodo.

If you do ever have problems in a spotty coverage area and your phone drops calls while switching between providers you can merely forgo automatic network selection and specifically pick the provider you want. That's actually pretty handy.
Nov 5, 2011
128 posts
69 upvotes
vicktnguyen wrote: After July 2nd, QC BYOD and tab plans have been astrocious. Hopefully this deal will make the big 3 lower their prices.
Yes this is weird... Bell is now cheaper with a 6 GB (2+4) BYOD plan for 50$.
Feb 11, 2017
324 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
Would love to jump on this but they seem to use Rogers towers in Barrhaven (Ottawa). I get almost no reception with Fido in my neighborhood right now. I can't wait for my device to be paid off to switch to Telus/Koodo who have a tower right across from my house.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1334 posts
3301 upvotes
Jeffg1 wrote: I dont agree with you on that. My girlfriend signed up for up for 10 gigs with purchase of new phone, and lives in Newfoundland, (no Rogers service in her city, only bell) and quality of call is simply better then she had on bell over there. I live in Montreal, using the s9 plus and I have never dipped below 4 bars on the videotron network.
Just curious, how long has your gf been doing this? I know Videotron wants majority of usage to occur on their network but I recall confirming that "PRTNR1" (Rogers) is considered their "own network".

Never met an actual person with that kind of usage