Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Videotron

[QC] [Videotron] Upgrade 100mbps to 400mbps Internet for $1 more (YMMV - 2021 Black Friday Customers)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2022 12:23 pm
Sep 27, 2019
184 posts
95 upvotes
Called today as a new customer. They offered an extra discount of 5$, so 53$ total, before taxes (I get the modem from a friend).

53$ for 400mb down is pretty good I think.

fyi: They asked about my current provider and how much I was paying (Fizz, 46$).
Sep 22, 2010
292 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
boubourziporc wrote: Called today as a new customer. They offered an extra discount of 5$, so 53$ total, before taxes (I get the modem from a friend).

53$ for 400mb down is pretty good I think.

fyi: They asked about my current provider and how much I was paying (Fizz, 46$).
You got the extra 5$ discount for how many months?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1312 posts
499 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I can get the videotron 400 for 53$, I wonder if they'll go lower though. I'm paying $36 for 120mbit with fizz though which is incredible but I need better dl/up speeds. Videotron recently dropped the prices as bell started offering FTTH in my building. However, the price is $70 for symmetrical 500mbit..
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1641 posts
788 upvotes
There was a huge promo to get internet 400 for 70$ during black friday 2021 so I took it and now people that got the cheaper 100 are getting the 400 for 51$ Astonished Face That is so unfair.

Anybody on 400 Helix already was able to get the deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1229 posts
616 upvotes
Montreal
Videotron 400 + TV 5 channels for 76$ with bring your own devices, is it a decent price or if I should negotiate further?
Dec 15, 2009
151 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
Xcessiv wrote: Videotron 400 + TV 5 channels for 76$ with bring your own devices, is it a decent price or if I should negotiate further?
Hum 5 tv channels? Arent these 5 tv channels free ?
Not worth it
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1229 posts
616 upvotes
Montreal
akumashinto wrote: Hum 5 tv channels? Arent these 5 tv channels free ?
Not worth it
Lol no. I meant all base channel + 5 à-la-carte.
Dec 15, 2009
151 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
Xcessiv wrote: Lol no. I meant all base channel + 5 à-la-carte.
Lol ok. There might be cheaper options for tv out there dpending on ur needs
May 27, 2007
424 posts
123 upvotes
Montreal
WillyBaldy wrote: Videotron really surprised me last week. I was on 400Mbps and my two years $15 rebate would expire soon and I called to have the discount renewed or to somewhat lower the new price, and for the first time in the ~26 years or so I've been with them, they said "there's nothing we can do". I sadly cancelled my service and will be switching to Fizz next week. I guess management won't care much as it's the same owner, but it's still puzzling that they let a long time customer go so easily.
It's sadden and frustrated to realize that being new customers get more benefits than "loyal" ones these days...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
tiboi wrote: It's sadden and frustrated to realize that being new customers get more benefits than "loyal" ones these days...
Yeah, after so many years with them, I'm now a happy Fizz cusomer. Heck, I need to update my signature Face With Tears Of Joy
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Vidéotron changed their plans. I had the 30 channels plan, with 100 Mbps internet for $116/month all taxes included after a $61 monthly rebate for 24 months. I called them in, and they proposed me 400 Mbps internet with 25 channels for $83/month, all taxes included after the same ?61 monthly rebate, that I keep for the remaining 21 months. Although 100 Mbps was more than enough for our needs, upgrading to 400 Mbps and losing only 5 channels makes me save $33#month, taxes included.... Thanks OP, you make me save $693 over the next 21 months! Incredibly hot !!!! I can subscribe back to the 5 channels I let go choosing them èa la carte, and I'd still save! but I don't really need those 5 channels, I barely watched those...

I'll see what they will offer me when my $61 rebate will expire... in 21 months
Sep 22, 2010
292 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
Currently with Videotron Illico and planning to move soon to Helix.
I bought used Helix Fi2 + 3 terminals from Marketplace.
Looking on Videotron website, Internet 400=58$ and TV:Base+15(sports)=46$
Total: 104$+tx

I see in recent posts that people seems to have acces to better deals. What strategy should I be using when calling Videotron CS?
Thank you
Nov 30, 2012
975 posts
1572 upvotes
MONTR
Do I really need the 2nd gen Helix modem , or will the first one just do fine ?

Thanks
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25735 upvotes
Montreal
MugenX wrote: Currently with Videotron Illico and planning to move soon to Helix.

I see in recent posts that people seems to have acces to better deals. What strategy should I be using when calling Videotron CS?
Thank you
You are aware that once you leave Illico, you can't go back, right?
Check what TV channels you have now versus what you will have on Helix.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
MugenX wrote: Currently with Videotron Illico and planning to move soon to Helix.

Thank you
When you look on their page, do you enter your street address? Are you already a Videotron subscriber? Do your homework, and look at competitors prices. Call them in, with facts. Do not already tell them that you own the equipment. Ask them for the best price available for you, without the equipment included in the price. Show them that you want to know the plan's prices.. Be polite.
kingkam92 wrote: Do I really need the 2nd gen Helix modem , or will the first one just do fine ?

Thanks

I heard from multiple CSR, and actually from a friend who owned the first gen Helix Gateway that there is issues with this. I've been suggested by a Videotron CSR to buy the newest Fi 2 gateway, the white one. The first generation is supposed to be noisy, and have ventilation issues, it tend to get hot. My friend had WiFi issues, Videotron tech went to his house at multiple times, without finding nothing. They denied to replace the Fi gateway, and he ended solding it on Marketplace, and went with Bhell. So, short answer: Yes, I suggest you to buy the newest one. First gen have 2 ethernet ports, the newest one is WiFi 6 and have 4 ports
Sep 22, 2010
292 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: You are aware that once you leave Illico, you can't go back, right?
Check what TV channels you have now versus what you will have on Helix.
Illico prices are only going up, and access to discounts is more and more difficult. They want you to move to Helix.
I resisted as long as possible, but I will save around 40$/month by moving to Helix...So time has come for me.
Wife wants to keep the TV, so I have to stay with Videotron or Bell (Qc)
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1229 posts
616 upvotes
Montreal
Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay?
Sep 22, 2010
292 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal
Xcessiv wrote: Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay?
I'm in the Montreal area, found my stuff on Marketplace
Helix Fi2 = 140$
3 terminals: 40$-60$-60$

I called Videotron to make sure all devices could be activated.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Xcessiv wrote: Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay?
There is a lot of devices for sale. Few months ago I paid $300 for 2 terminal and the Fi2 gateway that been barely used (3 months) so I basically lost 3 months of warranty out of 36but saved $400, and with another seller 150 for 2 terminals.that been used 12 months. I lost 12 months warranty over 36 months.

Anyone who would like to buy used Helix devices, one hint: call Videotron BEFORE you buy, to make sure that you will be able to activate the devices. If they are reported stolen or whatever, you won't be able to activate.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
MugenX wrote: Illico prices are only going up, and access to discounts is more and more difficult. They want you to move to Helix.
I resisted as long as possible, but I will save around 40$/month by moving to Helix...So time has come for me.
Wife wants to keep the TV, so I have to stay with Videotron or Bell (Qc)
Yes, Videotron really want subscribers to move to Helix. They want to get rid of the older Illico technology, hence the $61/month saving they actually gave me. I paid $450 for 1 gateway, and 4 terminals. I save, compared to my old Illico plan, +- $100 month. Do the math, it worth it to jump to the Helix environment, especially if you can find affordable used devices. The new devices are too expensive IMHO, and Videotron does not have rental on those. You actually need to buy to switch to Helix, which, IMHO, can be a deal breaker if you want to buy new devices

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)