Videotron

Videotron - 0$ on select 2 year plans with up to 300$ visa gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2019 11:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 26, 2019
24 posts
29 upvotes

[Videotron] Videotron - 0$ on select 2 year plans with up to 300$ visa gift card

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Videotron
More offers from Videotron
Slightly disappointed is an understatement. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with retention offers lately? Was hoping to an iPhone X for my spouse, and although i got a great deal last year for the iPhone X, it seems like they dont have good advertised offers this year.
11 replies
Mar 22, 2004
836 posts
89 upvotes
Ottawa
Ziodog wrote: Slightly disappointed is an understatement. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with retention offers lately? Was hoping to an iPhone X for my spouse, and although i got a great deal last year for the iPhone X, it seems like they dont have good advertised offers this year.
I didn't even realize they had a retentions Dept. I guess I don't threaten hard enough to send me there or they see I got 11 lines under me that the chances of me moving is slim?!
Jul 3, 2008
843 posts
325 upvotes
boisbriand
With retention I got iphone x (0$) for 58$ 8 gb + 170$ fees waived for my older cell
Keep in mind I got another cell and internet with them
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2529 posts
2481 upvotes
Montréal
I only speak to Videotron retentions when I call.
Mar 22, 2004
836 posts
89 upvotes
Ottawa
thesubmitter wrote: I only speak to Videotron retentions when I call.
How do you get to them? Same way with Rogers and ask to cancel? I guess my method of chatting with them online isn't the best way, huh?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2529 posts
2481 upvotes
Montréal
Literally just choose the option that you want to cancel, forwards you straight to them.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2019
24 posts
29 upvotes
StEeElNuTz wrote: With retention I got iphone x (0$) for 58$ 8 gb + 170$ fees waived for my older cell
This is a great offer! I'm trying to get the same or similar. I have 7 lines with them and they didnt offer me this at all when i called yesterday. When did you get this?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2529 posts
2481 upvotes
Montréal
Ziodog wrote: This is a great offer! I'm trying to get the same or similar. I have 7 lines with them and they didnt offer me this at all when i called yesterday. When did you get this?
I have 6 lines with them and I just got an iPhone x too.
I had to get a 90$ line (us and Canada unlimited 9gb)and I think the phone was free or maybe 100$. I calculated the net cost of the phone was 600$ tax included. Because I had to upgrade from a cheaper 6gb plan. But really, I could have moved that phone down to a 4gb plan so the true cost is prob more. This doesn't take into account the family discounts etc...

Incidentally what I noticed with Videotron is u need to keep checking to see if plans improve. They won't automatically give u a better plan
Last edited by thesubmitter on Nov 28th, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2529 posts
2481 upvotes
Montréal
StEeElNuTz wrote: With retention I got iphone x (0$) for 58$ 8 gb + 170$ fees waived for my older cell
58 or 85?
Mar 22, 2004
836 posts
89 upvotes
Ottawa
thesubmitter wrote: Literally just choose the option that you want to cancel, forwards you straight to them.
noice.
thesubmitter wrote: I have 6 lines with them and I just got an iPhone x too.
I had to get a 90$ line (us and Canada unlimited 9gb)and I think the phone was free or maybe 100$. I calculated the net cost of the phone was 600$ tax included. Because I had to upgrade from a cheaper 6gb plan. But really, I could have moved that phone down to a 4gb plan so the true cost is prob more. This doesn't take into account the family discounts etc...

Incidentally what I noticed with Videotron is u need to keep checking to see if plans improve. They won't automatically give u a better plan
Ya, a part of me wonders if it is worth it touching my plan. Back when I got it, it was 3GB+3GB deal and with all the BYOD discounts & multi-line discount, it brought it down to $33.95/mo + tax.
Jul 3, 2008
843 posts
325 upvotes
boisbriand
58$

It was last month

I kinda bluffed a deal with rogers EPP (which I dont have access to) and they came back with the same deal + erase the balance of my LG g6 (which was utter garbage(
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2529 posts
2481 upvotes
Montréal
StEeElNuTz wrote: 58$

It was last month

I kinda bluffed a deal with rogers EPP (which I dont have access to) and they came back with the same deal + erase the balance of my LG g6 (which was utter garbage(
I did something like that and they were like you already have the maximum promos we can give, sorry. I have 6 lines for something like 215$ so its still pretty good