Expired Hot Deals

[Videotron] Videotron Hot deal 17G Same Speed

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2019 8:46 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2007
3475 posts
1203 upvotes
Quebec
ratatapa wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 9:26 am
Who needs 17GB there is WIFI EVERYWHERE

Just buy a VPN if are scared of Open WIFI and it will still be cheaper
Here we go, another person who think, because HE/SHE did not need or use "that much" data... Nobody else need it.

Let me tell you something, if telcom company offer these qty of data plan, there is a reason...just saying.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1302 posts
298 upvotes
BC
this was out 3 days ago
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2007
3475 posts
1203 upvotes
Quebec
ratatapa wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 10:55 am
Fine
1) Buy a cheap plan that will do what you need for your normal day (can usually get a 30$ for 2GB which is enough for more people)
2) Get a free sim from Raoming Sim Free
3) Create a fongo account and get a fongo number free

When ready to go to the usa

1) Forward your Normal phone to Fongo Number free
2) Put your Roaming sim in 5$ per day in the US
3) Enjoy people can still call you at your normal number
Okay, i understand your point. But are you aware that this thread is about a data plan of 17gb? Usually, if people come here to see the deal, it's because they are looking for something of 17gb or very similar qty... Why do u come here and talk about a 30$ / 2gb that YOU have decided that mostly everyone have enough for THEIR use?

Anyway, i used to be on the road most of my time and i can tell you, that my current 10gb data plan was not sufficient. How i use all that data? I have no idea, but my phone always use more and more...update, video ads, video communications, etc.

Not everyone like/have time to find and stop at Walmart for wifi...

But now that i am retired, i do agree that my 10gb plan is not very usefull, except when i go outside and i need alot of data for any reason, then it's available and i will not have to pay 7$ per 100mb.
Sr. Member
Aug 27, 2009
856 posts
678 upvotes
ratatapa wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 9:20 am
12$ extra a year? Yeah no

Get a 30$ plan insteadof 75 thats 45$ per month the Roaming is 4$ per day so unless you are almost always in the USA you save much more
I just modified my plan and it's costing me an extra dollar (I get 8GB, a BYOD credit and 15$ multiline credit). Ie. Max discounts.
It ends up costing ~46 dollars a month

So yes, it can easily be only an extra 12$ for the year. That price is easily cheaper than your solution and you don't need to do anything for it to work.
There's also the fact that you keep your current number which is a huge plus.

And I do need 8 GB...
Images
  • data.jpg
Last edited by lleb13 on Jun 20th, 2019 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Newbie
May 10, 2018
55 posts
108 upvotes
Jay0523 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:18 am
For those of us who can’t reads French what is this deal ? Where is it available? Need more details.
Click at the top right corner to change to English.

Image
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2003
4082 posts
634 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
I have 190gb per month US / CAN on my Bell plan, I do pay substantially for it, BUT I do use anywhere between 40 and 90gb per month, I have crossed 100gb yet, but I'm assuming I will sometime this year. It comes in super handy not worrying about tethering or while travelling to the states, ALSO I find my phone's LTE a lot faster than a lot of public wifi connections.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2015
50 posts
13 upvotes
York, ON
ericli007 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:27 am
Aside from constant streaming video/music, I cannot imagine people hitting above the 5GB...
Curious what people do with their data...
Aside from the usual YouTube... biggest suspects are Twitch, Netflix, Facebook Live.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 22, 2019
177 posts
138 upvotes
Sweet. I was on the old 8+8gb data plan for the same rate, so another gb of data for $1.95 less is a great deal for me.

That being said, I roam in the US often and they wouldn't allow the $1 per month US roaming option. Additionally, it's now $7 per day for US roaming as appose to $6 a day which is fairly expensive considering I'm often gone for 2 weeks... :(
Jr. Member
Apr 7, 2008
105 posts
24 upvotes
I live out in the middle of no where. This might be an option for better internet at the house. Curious if this is on Bell or Rogers network. I know I get LTE Bell. Not sure if any Rogers support.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2040 posts
1392 upvotes
Ottawa
eccs19 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 11:35 am
I live out in the middle of no where. This might be an option for better internet at the house. Curious if this is on Bell or Rogers network. I know I get LTE Bell. Not sure if any Rogers support.
VIdeotron has their own network within Quebec and Ottawa. Outside of their network, you can roam on both Rogers and Bell towers. However, they do have a clause in the contract that states that within a 3 month period, you cannot be out of the Videotron network (roaming on partner network) over 50% of the time.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
5060 posts
1290 upvotes
Toronto
ratatapa wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 10:55 am
Fine
1) Buy a cheap plan that will do what you need for your normal day (can usually get a 30$ for 2GB which is enough for more people)
2) Get a free sim from Raoming Sim Free
3) Create a fongo account and get a fongo number free

When ready to go to the usa

1) Forward your Normal phone to Fongo Number free
2) Put your Roaming sim in 5$ per day in the US
3) Enjoy people can still call you at your normal number
Just give up bro.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Jr. Member
Oct 10, 2014
119 posts
97 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
huntclub wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 8:45 am
It's good for people who tether their phone to computer. You'd be surprised how much data gets used especially if people forget to set the connection as Metered Connection in Windows 10.
Agree, haft an hour on my laptop for just browsing almost 2gb gone!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1120 posts
748 upvotes
Montreal
ratatapa wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 9:26 am
Who needs 17GB there is WIFI EVERYWHERE

Just buy a VPN if are scared of Open WIFI and it will still be cheaper
I have wifi at work and at home. I still use 14GBs per months. It would higher if I spent more time in public transport.

I don't stream videos on my phone but I manage social media account. Instagram alone takes about 8-10 GBs per months.

I also receive/send large files regularly.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
5060 posts
1290 upvotes
Toronto
That poster is denying the fact that the world now runs on information and memes and YouTube.

Just because you don't use more than a few GBs per month doesn't mean the world doesn't.

Denying the fact that the Big 3 ripoff Canadians and posters like him are so accustomed to that, it is ingrained in the mind that people shouldn't have affordable cell phone service.

Image

Going by this chart, the lack of mobile data usage in Canada is clearly correlated to the expensive cost of data in this country. In fact, it is the highest cost of any OECD nation.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1

Top