None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2212 posts
457 upvotes
Guelph

"Vietnamese" Internet TV Box?

Looking to get one for my parents. I didn't know they existed until my dad showed me an ad for one in a Vietnamese newspaper. Not really familiar with a "Vietnamese" Internet TV Box but the one I see advertises 30 or so Vietnamese channels for $160.

I've been under the impression that these Android TV Boxes can get any channel. So it doesn't need to be a specific Vietnamese box.

Anyone familiar? I have no idea if the interface would be in Vietnamese (which would be useful for my parents). Or just preloaded channels that any Android TV Box can get.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1245 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thai wrote: Looking to get one for my parents. I didn't know they existed until my dad showed me an ad for one in a Vietnamese newspaper. Not really familiar with a "Vietnamese" Internet TV Box but the one I see advertises 30 or so Vietnamese channels for $160.

I've been under the impression that these Android TV Boxes can get any channel. So it doesn't need to be a specific Vietnamese box.

Anyone familiar? I have no idea if the interface would be in Vietnamese (which would be useful for my parents). Or just preloaded channels that any Android TV Box can get.
What is the name of the box? Did you try google and see what comes up? Never heard of a Viet Box. TVPad, xiaomi etc, they can get various channels. Should look into that.
Jun 24, 2005
658 posts
103 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If it doesn't work well, I know the Moonbox has several Vietnamese apps.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1245 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Please post a review so others know if it is good/bad. Couldn't find any info on this, and the name of the box seems pretty generic. I assume this company makes and sells them? Weird they do not even have spec or what it does on the site. Sounds like it is just a TV box, so I would think you can get more than what the other boxes + apps can get.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3144 posts
1186 upvotes
Ottawa
Thai wrote: Looking to get one for my parents. I didn't know they existed until my dad showed me an ad for one in a Vietnamese newspaper. Not really familiar with a "Vietnamese" Internet TV Box but the one I see advertises 30 or so Vietnamese channels for $160.

OP, what Vietnamese channels are you looking for?

Ex: VietFace TV, SBTN, VTV (channel in Vietnam), etc.

This was advertised in one of the recent PBN discs --> UnoIPBox
https://unoipbox.com/product.html

There's also this one I found, in the past, which claims it has VietFace TV and the ones above, but it looks more like a simple XBMC with a Kenh88 add-on. (so basically like Moonbox)
http://viettvsetbox.com/index.html
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1539 upvotes
scarberia
my parents bought one of these POS android tv boxes...its nothing but kodi or xmbc with some viet tv addons...nothing i couldn't do myself by adding repositories , etc.

they wasted like 180bucks lol on a 1gb ram box
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1500 posts
566 upvotes
YYC
^^ that sucks.. Any app like vchannel to get viet channels then?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1539 upvotes
scarberia
Importz wrote: ^^ that sucks.. Any app like vchannel to get viet channels then?
install this addon for some viet channels

http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/23107 ... ese-addons
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Oct 19, 2013
13 posts
19 upvotes
Markham, ON
Importz wrote: ^^ that sucks.. Any app like vchannel to get viet channels then?

Download vChannel app with this vietnamese feed for asian drama/movie: http://rss.ikwb.com/vfeed

Both Android and iPhone versions support chromecast where you can stream to your big TV. iPhone chromecast works well, but never tried with android.
Dec 6, 2008
501 posts
27 upvotes
Ontario
A lot of these android boxes just stream from a website. Better to know what channels you want to watch and google them.
Banned
May 9, 2015
226 posts
298 upvotes
Guelph, ON
What is the best android box to do these viet channels on? Something cheap please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2212 posts
457 upvotes
Guelph
milhouse611 wrote: OP, what happened to this box?
It's still going okay. I'm more familiar with Kodi since the original post and it seems to be a custom Vietnamese UI with built-in Vietnamese station and media preferences. It's a pretty good box overall i think.
Nov 11, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
I'm building a box for the Folks and you can use any android box and load kodi. Once you load kodi, add source: http://repo.kodi.vn

Install from there zip under the Vietnamese Repo folder. There are a bunch of Viet Repos. The repo labeled iptv plus has several live Vietnamese channels along with videos, music, karaoke, movies and TV shows. Everything you could possibly need for a Vietnam Android box than paying $180 bucks.

Once you get the Repos Installed, you can then go into System > Settings > Appearance > International > Language. Change the English to Vietnamese and all of the menu items will be in Vietnamese.

Any issues, just Google viet kodi addon and check the YouTube videos that walk you through this entire process...Hope this is helpful! :)
Nov 11, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
For android boxes, search on amazon "android box kodi". There will be several there with different price ranges depending on what you want.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2870 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Not trying to necro an old thread but RFD comes up when looking for "viet ip box" and I want anyone in the future who is looking for one to avoid buying it from vietipbox.
Their website is: https://vietipbox.com/
The channels are pretty much prerecorded channels cycling over and over and most channels dont work. One channel I pressed play on, asked me to "resume at 5:10?" so clearly it is a used box as well.
They offer a refund within 14 days (while not responding to your emails for a good 5 days) but with a whoppin 35% restocking fee. Might as well keep it at this point with the shipping costs back to them.
if the original sealed package has been opened in any way or form, it is NO LONGER BRAND NEW IN BOX!
if an item has been USED no matter how little, it is NOT new at all!