Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Gorgeous Belgium Mums Tubs 14" are back! $11.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 11:14 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135815 upvotes
888888 upvotes

[Costco] Gorgeous Belgium Mums Tubs 14" are back! $11.99

It is a dollar more than last year but still cheaper than other places!

Some of your probably have a mini garden since the quarantine.

Some local flower experts said most plants from Costco will die within a month or 2.
The best way to make them last longer is to move them to your own homemade soil.

Remember, underwatering is better than overwatering.
Underwatering
is
better
than
overwatering.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

1 - Copy.JPG
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
6 replies
Mar 3, 2020
91 posts
44 upvotes
Just for reference ^ I bought hydrangeas that looked beautiful for 21.99 at costco around a month ago and the flowers flopped over and died within 2 days. I pruned the whole thing back (very ugly), transplanted and now I have new buds.... but yea .... was a huge disappointment.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2003
2148 posts
304 upvotes
GTA
HelloTrono wrote: Just for reference ^ I bought hydrangeas that looked beautiful for 21.99 at costco around a month ago and the flowers flopped over and died within 2 days. I pruned the whole thing back (very ugly), transplanted and now I have new buds.... but yea .... was a huge disappointment.
My cone flowers and balloon flowers from Costco (this year) have been doing great so far. I did try hydrangeas years ago (not from Costco) and they also died quickly. I later found out it was because they were getting too much sun.
May 9, 2015
382 posts
166 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
If we plant it this weekend, does it have a good chance to become perennial and last until next year?

What is the acidity requirement on these, what if I plant it next to blueberries that require a lot of acidic soil?

TIA
Nov 20, 2013
138 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
Yes I have the same question.. are these perennials?
Mar 18, 2013
530 posts
1165 upvotes
Toronto
Looking at the title, was thinking this deal was chocolate!!
May 19, 2019
94 posts
83 upvotes
HelloTrono wrote: Just for reference ^ I bought hydrangeas that looked beautiful for 21.99 at costco around a month ago and the flowers flopped over and died within 2 days. I pruned the whole thing back (very ugly), transplanted and now I have new buds.... but yea .... was a huge disappointment.
I wa much more lucky with the same purchase. It lasted for about a week, and I then found out it flopped. I then changed it into two larger pots - during the process of pot changing, I realized they were actually two pots that had been combined. Even their roots were still separated between each other when I took them out. So now I have two pots of hydrangeas, both blooming well.
My suggestion: after such flowering plant purchase, better change it into a larger pot. The larger the pot is, the more soil there is to support the plant, not just with nutrition, but with more capacity and space to tolerate less or fewer water, and it also gives more space for root development. This way, the plant had a better chance to survive.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)