Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Locked: Tim Hortons Chicken Noodles Soup (6x500ml) - $8.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:24 pm
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes
concubine_number_4 wrote: Maybe it's just me, but these soups all taste terrible. Stick with Chunky.
It's not just you. I tried the TH broccoli and it's terrible.
The only soup I still enjoy is Old Fashion Campbells Tomato Rice soup and I can't even find it anywhere.
Dec 3, 2004
865 posts
2649 upvotes
I can buy some soup while I pick up a copy of that racism book. Thanks thatdealsguy
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sparklo wrote:
These imaginary symptoms are deadly for sure. Even if it's real, it certainly has nothing to do with MSG.
How can you be so sure? Saying research cannot find any link is one thing, saying for sure there is no link is another thing.
I am not trying to force you to believe there is a link, I am just saying keep your mind open.
One of the problem with adult is that we learn so much over the years and we apply our knowledge template to everything we see and hear.
That make us blind to possibilities and reluctant to accept ideas that is out of our comfort zone.
We all want to have a definite answer to all questions. Life is just so much easier that way.
CFRTim wrote: I also hear people are allergic to tap water these days.
It is real. One of my relative actually allergic to water in a town where he attend university. He has to move back here because he can only drink bottle water there.
muppetslayer wrote: MSG is also naturally occurring in tomatoes and cheese. But i guess you can now safely discard any scientific findings using the following argument
I really cannot find any link to your argument to mine.
So what that it is find in cheese and tomato? What is the concentration there and people could be allergic to those too if they eat those enough to get to the concentration that trigger the response.
And no, that argument cannot use to discard any scientific finding about what are in those food.
The reason is that is a positive finding, not an negative one that saying they cannot find any link.
When you find no evidence, you can say non conclusive. But when you find evidence, you cannot say that.
It is kind of like in court, if you find evidence that someone committed a crime, or you cannot find any evidence.
If you find no evidence, you cannot be sure he commit the crime or not.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Oct 27, 2014
560 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How can you be so sure? Saying research cannot find any link is one thing, saying for sure there is no link is another thing.
I am not trying to force you to believe there is a link, I am just saying keep your mind open.
One of the problem with adult is that we learn so much over the years and we apply our knowledge template to everything we see and hear.
That make us blind to possibilities and reluctant to accept ideas that is out of our comfort zone.
We all want to have a definite answer to all questions. Life is just so much easier that way.

It is real. One of my relative actually allergic to water in a town where he attend university. He has to move back here because he can only drink bottle water there.

I really cannot find any link to your argument to mine.
So what that it is find in cheese and tomato? What is the concentration there and people could be allergic to those too if they eat those enough to get to the concentration that trigger the response.
And no, that argument cannot use to discard any scientific finding about what are in those food.
The reason is that is a positive finding, not an negative one that saying they cannot find any link.
When you find no evidence, you can say non conclusive. But when you find evidence, you cannot say that.
It is kind of like in court, if you find evidence that someone committed a crime, or you cannot find any evidence.
If you find no evidence, you cannot be sure he commit the crime or not.

You cannot prove something that is not falsifiable. You say MSG causes negative effects, but science say there is no evidence that this is true, this is the best science can do. If you say there is a Jesus floating somewhere between the two unknown stars in the universe, science says there is no evidence this is true, then you say, "aha! there is no evidence! so jesus is floating somewhere"
Last edited by muppetslayer on Aug 4th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 5, 2018
239 posts
516 upvotes
CrazyCatMan wrote: It's not just you. I tried the TH broccoli and it's terrible.
The only soup I still enjoy is Old Fashion Campbells Tomato Rice soup and I can't even find it anywhere.

Tim Hortons cream of brocolli soup is so bad that I gave it the express trip to the toilet instead of opting for the slow digestive route.
Jul 21, 2005
431 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener
awfully expensive for 6 cans of water
Something something dark side...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
theflyingsquirrel wrote: A lot of people do. Especially it give some people headache while others dry in the throat.
Not finding a link does not mean there is no link. It just means they cannot find it.
The symptoms of MSG for many people is real. And if you are one of them, you dont need scientific proof to believe.
I mean, you do need scientific proof to be sure about causation. Lots of people "believe" masks block oxygen, or that the virus is a hoax, or that vaccines are for gov't mind control.
That said, some people are more sensitive to things that others. I myself am a super-taster, so have better taste buds that most adults (similar to young kids). I love salty things, but many processed goods are way too salty (or sugary) for me).
Those people may also be affected by other ingredients in the item with MSG. I doubt they've done double blind taste tests to prove it.
Those same people would also probably be surprised to learn that their favourite chips have MSG in them.
Fechin wrote: I think for some senior people MSG may cause cardiovascular disease.
MSG is a salt, so too much of it is bad for anyone, just like too much sodium chloride is bad.
Like sodium chloride, people can put too much of it in food, as it makes it "taste better".
When I have something with too much sodium chloride, I feel sick and it feels like my cheeks are melting off. Too much sugar will also make me feel sick.
The Japanese know how to cook with MSG properly, for a good umami flavour.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
muppetslayer wrote: You cannot prove something that is not falsifiable. You say MSG causes negative effects, but science say there is no evidence that this is true, this is the best science can do. If you say there is a Jesus floating somewhere between the two unknown stars in the universe, science says there is no evidence this is true, then you say, "aha! there is no evidence! so jesus is floating somewhere"
I am sorry that you cannot understand the differences between my and yours statement but it is ok.
Let's just agree to disagree our statements.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Jan 4, 2011
184 posts
902 upvotes
BC
This Soup does contain MSG in the form of "Yeast Extract"

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... swers.html

I have eczema and a sensitivity to MSG. I worked with an allergist to confirm this and eliminated it from my diet (including natural forms like Tomatoes, Soy sauce, and various other "umami" flavored products). Read for yourself and decide if you have eczema and if this is a possible food-related cause

https://www.google.com/search?q=msg+eczema

This soup has MSG in it. It triggers me.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135816 upvotes
888888 upvotes
jojothejoker wrote: Well lots of people are allergic to it....
Most Chinese people still care about MSG. no one likes the taste of MSG. Not healthy. homemade foods are the best.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135816 upvotes
888888 upvotes
yvr92x wrote: This Soup does contain MSG in the form of "Yeast Extract"

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... swers.html

I have eczema and a sensitivity to MSG. I worked with an allergist to confirm this and eliminated it from my diet (including natural forms like Tomatoes, Soy sauce, and various other "umami" flavored products). Read for yourself and decide if you have eczema and if this is a possible food-related cause

https://www.google.com/search?q=msg+eczema

This soup has MSG in it. It triggers me.
That's like the entire Asian community. What are the best creams to prevent or treat eczema?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Oct 13, 2015
219 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
jtcb wrote: What is so special about this Tim Hortons canned soup when comparing to Campbell's Chunky chicken noodle soup?
Lots of water.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
jtcb wrote: What is so special about this Tim Hortons canned soup when comparing to Campbell's Chunky chicken noodle soup?
It's not special... it's actually quite inferior in taste to Campbells chunky IMHO.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3958 posts
5640 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
There goes OP again with "HOT" in the title, and once again I knew clicking on the link it would be a joke of a deal.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
Thatdealguy wrote: Most Chinese people still care about MSG. no one likes the taste of MSG. Not healthy. homemade foods are the best.
* posts deal about canned soup Face With Rolling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
What's with all the down votes? If the deal doesn't interest you, move on.
Feb 11, 2018
238 posts
417 upvotes
The soup is HOT but the deal is NOT Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 27, 2017
330 posts
491 upvotes
I've tried it and wouldn't go out of my way to get this deal. As someone who is terrible at meal prep and used to have canned soup 1-2 times a week for work lunch, this soup is honestly subpar and sold on T-Ho's ruined brand name alone.

And for all of you comparing to other soups; it's better to compare this to Primo soups (which stopped being stocked last year for some reason) as its more comparable. I wouldn't compare it to Chunky soup as the consistency is different. I see some people complain it's too watery but to me it's more tolerable than those Chunky soups where you get the yellow blob of mystery flavour or where heinz baked bean BBQ sludge is considered a broth.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Someone asked for a recipe.

Soup is one of the easiest things to make. When you buy chicken with bones (you can use beef/turkey bones too with some meat on them), use the leftover pieces with some meat on them and boil them with pepper, salt, ginger, garlic etc etc. Once cooked, let it cool and take off the meat from the bones. Back on to the pan and add any frozen or fresh vegetables you want along with some noodles and your choice of spices for taste. You can use the same broth with chicken pieces minus bones to make a sweet corn chicken soup. Absolutely healthy, yummy and cheap as hell. I have done this multiple times and truth be told, I am not anywhere close to being a cook.

Hope this helps.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
There's no need for a separate thread discussing this deal when it's already listed in the main Costco West thread, especially when this one is pretty much derailed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)