Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

Shop The Block 2018 - Nationwide (Nov 15 to Dec 27) [BIG BAMs NOW POSTING]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2019 9:33 am

Poll: The STB 300/1000/2000 BAMs are starting to post. What situation are you in?

• Total votes: 339. You have voted on this poll.
Tried for 7 offers and got my full 2000 points

62%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 1000 points

26%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 300 points

1%
Tried for 7 offers and got zero points

1%
Tried for 5 offers and got my full 1000 points

5%
Tried for 5 offers and only got 300 points

2%
Tried for 5 offers and got zero points

0%
Tried for 3 offers and got my full 300 points

2%
Tried for 3 offers and got zero points

0%
I haven't received my points yet

2%
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
akaManny wrote: I did buy something else, but the total was less than $30. In any case, the $30 minimum is cumulative (by month, maybe). I did read that 'blurb' somewhere, and someone posted the AM chat about it where the rep agreed that the wording was confusing, but it may have been on another forum. Think about it - there is no way that they would force you to buy $30+ in one transaction when the BAM are for the product, irrelevant of any regular AM that are based on a cumulative total.
Thanks for the reply / personal experience.
Good to know = LCBO parameters remain as they always were
Yahoo !

You are correct, the LCBO Credits AMs on a Monthly Accumulated Total... but calculated daily
(POSTED on a 24/48 Hour Cycle)
1 AM / $ 30 Spend ... EXCLUDING Add On Taxes & Deposits

As to your comment on a Retailer forcing one to spend a minimum to get a Bonus on a Particular Item
Lol, you’d be surprised
Nothing shocks me anymore having been a Points Hound in many Programs for over 40 years
The lengths that some Retailers / Loyalty Programs will go to in regard hoops Members have to jump thru
Hence, why I was concerned in the LCBO change of wording for STB 2018
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 16th, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote: I think the minimum is for buying stuff that has no special BAM associated with them. These STB wines have various BAM so even though you don't spend $30, you still get the BAM. I bought 3 bottles, one was wrong so got no BAM, the other 2 I got 10 BAM each, 3 bottles for 3 accounts so only $13.95 max per receipt
Thanks for your info.
See my Reply # 919 also above to @akaManny

Good to know there has been no change at the LCBO for STB 2018
May 10, 2009
281 posts
128 upvotes
I'm getting the same error as well. Did you end up getting it to work?
Oct 20, 2009
582 posts
243 upvotes
Calgary
PointsHubby wrote: Good Question.

Personally, I would just do 2 transactions ... not wanting to risk losing out on the GC Bonus more than the STB Credit... afterall the STB Coupon is only an investment of $ 10.
Yeah I would do them separately to be safe as well. And you actually get 25 AM total when buying $50 Amazon GC. 20 plus the 5 (1 for every $10). I can confirm this as I've bought a few Amazon GCs last couple days. On my receipts, it shows:

* 5 Miles - In-Store Purchases* * 20 Bonus Miles - Gift Card Offer
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1064 posts
1202 upvotes
80085 wrote:
Yeah I would do them separately to be safe as well. And you actually get 25 AM total when buying $50 Amazon GC. 20 plus the 5 (1 for every $10). I can confirm this as I've bought a few Amazon GCs last couple days. On my receipts, it shows:

* 5 Miles - In-Store Purchases* * 20 Bonus Miles - Gift Card Offer
Ah yes forgot the regular 1 per $10 in-store will do it separately or just get the gas but stacked on Esso GC's ATM
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
dostrowsky wrote: I always pay at the pump as I hate having to go in and try to guess how much to pre-pay. I did the Opt-in last night and the receipt shows I earned a 1 AM. It also says I have 2.0 fills towards earning 100 bonus AM if I fill 4 times by Nov. 30. Doesn't mention the 5 BAM for the coupon. The weird thing is that I only earned 1 AM as it was a $60+ fill up. Should be at least 3 AM's i would think.
Does anyone know if here is a way to confirm if you are opted in to these coupons?
If you didn't receive the miles as shown on your receipt, that confirms that the opting in did not work then. If it only shows that you only got 1 am's, that's definitely wrong. Did it show code 940 also? That's another telltale sign that it's not right if it didn't. But as long as you got your receipt showing your airmiles no at the bottom you can prove to am's chat that you did the gas up and not your fault their opt in is not working. Last night I went to gas up after opting in. Since I always never have any faith and need to chat in every year I figure I better go inside to scan the coupon. I know a lot of you are saying to hold off a couple days after promo starts to do the offers, but I am always impatient to get it done asap. I figure you know what, it doesn't matter as I will end up chatting in anyways as there will be screw ups along the way. As long as I got my receipt I figure I'm good to go showing I got over 25L gassed up on the first day.

So for some reason I have no idea why I got 15 airmiles received for my $39.5 V Power which is exactly a bit over 25L. Wasn't I suppose to get 5 am's only? I don't get it. Now this is not from the attendant's receipt. This is the receipt you request to print at the end of your pump. I always get this additional receipt as extra proof for miles earned etc. Then when I did a 2nd gas up for my partner the invoice showed promo 940 again, but no airmiles listed this time for the second receipt printed after the pump. But, FYI this is something I noticed that Shell will not always print out a receipt saying you earned x airmiles even though you did. Their receipts are very inconsistent is what I noticed from last year's STB. But I think one is safe as long as you see promo code as others have mentioned.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
mkl38s wrote: HBC auto-convert, has anyone received an email from HBC after you started auto convert? I remember last 2 times (STB & Megamiles) I got an email. This time I got nothing.
I thought you could only do HBC auto convert one time for STB.
Mar 7, 2009
327 posts
1418 upvotes
Clarington
I finished 3 shops today.
Shell: $25 LCBO gift card - says Promo 939 on the receipt - 7 air miles received this visit (oddly it also says missing content for Offer 18N11061 2 miles in-store purchase"
LCBO: Jacob's Creek Chardonnay (the sku # on the receipt matches the one listed on shoptheblock for the same bottle) - no promo code (also purchased 375 ml of Kahlua, since you know, I had $25 :)
Foodland: Spent $61.74 pre-tax - says Promotional PLU 37 on receipt - also specifically says "Shop the Block" 20 miles right on the receipt! No guessing games

I also placed an order with fresh2go Metro for their $26.99 meat lasagna for pick-up late Sunday afternoon. I do not understand how to apply the STB "coupon" to it since there is not a bar code to scan. I'll start a chat with AM later and ask.

Shut out to the guy I met in line at the Newcastle LCBO who also purchased a gift card from Shell to use at LCBO for the STB promo. *Waves* It's nice bumping into other RFD'ers.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Do each airmileshop vender count towards the total?
ie. if I go through airmileshop and click to expedia, amazong, and H&M, will that count as 3 towards my total? or is it just one point for all?
Mar 2, 2018
288 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
PointsHubby wrote: I took the word Catering on the Metro Coupon to mean the corresponding CATERING MENU on the website
https://fresh2go.metro.ca/individual-tr ... ering.html
I ordered a cake yesterday, will pick it up tomorrow. After reading this I was concerned about my coupon use. I went on the link you posted and asked the question "What's included on the catering menu" and I got a much different list than the few catering platters you linked under individual trays. I don't know if my order will work but I'm hopeful. I can report back when metro posts next week unless it shows on the receipt when I pick up the cake tomorrow. (no loss in my case I needed the cake anyway)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
micronta wrote: If you didn't receive the miles as shown on your receipt, that confirms that the opting in did not work then. If it only shows that you only got 1 am's, that's definitely wrong. Did it show code 940 also? That's another telltale sign that it's not right if it didn't. But as long as you got your receipt showing your airmiles no at the bottom you can prove to am's chat that you did the gas up and not your fault their opt in is not working. Last night I went to gas up after opting in. Since I always never have any faith and need to chat in every year I figure I better go inside to scan the coupon. I know a lot of you are saying to hold off a couple days after promo starts to do the offers, but I am always impatient to get it done asap. I figure you know what, it doesn't matter as I will end up chatting in anyways as there will be screw ups along the way. As long as I got my receipt I figure I'm good to go showing I got over 25L gassed up on the first day.

So for some reason I have no idea why I got 15 airmiles received for my $39.5 V Power which is exactly a bit over 25L. Wasn't I suppose to get 5 am's only? I don't get it. Now this is not from the attendant's receipt. This is the receipt you request to print at the end of your pump. I always get this additional receipt as extra proof for miles earned etc.

Then when I did a 2nd gas up for my partner the invoice showed promo 940 again, but no airmiles listed this time for the second receipt printed after the pump. But, FYI this is something I noticed that Shell will not always print out a receipt saying you earned x airmiles even though you did. Their receipts are very inconsistent is what I noticed from last year's STB. But I think one is safe as long as you see promo code as others have mentioned.
Your extra 10 AirMiles came from buying V-Power... from the Shell website under AirMiles Bonuses
Offer valid from September 3, 2018 to December 27, 2018 at participating Shell locations in QC, ON, SK, AB, BC, and NT. Get 10X the AIR MILES® Bonus Miles per transaction with a minimum purchase of 25 L Shell V-Power® Nitro+ or Shell V-Power Diesel. No coupon required. This 10X multiplier offers applies to the Fuel base Reward Mile offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per transaction with a minimum purchase of 15L of fuel. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for your Bonus Miles to be loaded to your collector account.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8511 posts
6255 upvotes
Kesali wrote: I finished 3 shops today.
Shell: $25 LCBO gift card - says Promo 939 on the receipt - 7 air miles received this visit (oddly it also says missing content for Offer 18N11061 2 miles in-store purchase"
LCBO: Jacob's Creek Chardonnay (the sku # on the receipt matches the one listed on shoptheblock for the same bottle) - no promo code (also purchased 375 ml of Kahlua, since you know, I had $25 :)
Foodland: Spent $61.74 pre-tax - says Promotional PLU 37 on receipt - also specifically says "Shop the Block" 20 miles right on the receipt! No guessing games

I also placed an order with fresh2go Metro for their $26.99 meat lasagna for pick-up late Sunday afternoon. I do not understand how to apply the STB "coupon" to it since there is not a bar code to scan. I'll start a chat with AM later and ask.

Shut out to the guy I met in line at the Newcastle LCBO who also purchased a gift card from Shell to use at LCBO for the STB promo. *Waves* It's nice bumping into other RFD'ers.
Metro offer, you have no cash miles to redeem or you just want to get over now, with instead of waiting till the last weekend ;)?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
vesatoskala89 wrote: I'm getting the same error as well. Did you end up getting it to work?
If you 'Reply with quote', we will know which error you are referring to.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Kesali wrote: I finished 3 shops today.

Impressive, 3 done already

No need to initiate an AMs Chat for the Metro Offer
(They are busy enough)
The info is right on the STB Website
... Show Coupon to Cashier... and they’ll punch in Code PLU 83912
Mar 2, 2018
288 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
Kesali wrote:

My understanding is they scan the coupon when you pick it up and pay.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Kesali wrote: Maybe it will work but I'm not sure. You're still purchasing a SportsChek gift card and applying a STB coupon towards it. Since that STB coupon earns you air miles, it could technically be earning AM on a gift card. I'm really not sure now. I'd love if you came back and let us know if it works.
I doubt that you will be able to redeem Cash Miles, let alone count for STB. Suppose you get the BAM, then later they are reversed; not worth the risk, IMO. From airmiles.ca, under Rewards / Rexall:
In-store AIR MILES Cash transactions must exclude gift cards and near-cash products (i.e. pre-paid credit cards).
Mar 7, 2009
327 posts
1418 upvotes
Clarington
mkl38s wrote: Metro offer, you have no cash miles to redeem or you just want to get over now, with instead of waiting till the last weekend ;)?
Opps - right. I'm glad you caught that. Thanks! No, actually THAT offer (fresh2goMetro) will be under my husband's AM card. He doesn't have enough cash miles. Not mine. I mean to do the redeem 95 for $10 at Metro on my card. I had better remember that on Sunday when I go pick up the lasagna. I'm going to need to carry a list with me detailing both cards and what offers we're doing with which cards so I don't get mixed up!
Mar 7, 2009
327 posts
1418 upvotes
Clarington
PointsHubby wrote: Impressive, 3 done already

No need to initiate an AMs Chat for the Metro Offer
(They are busy enough)
The info is right on the STB Website
... Show Coupon to Cashier... and they’ll punch in Code PLU 83912
Ah, thank you! I saw the back of the coupon says "show coupon to Cashier" but I did not understand the Cashier punches in a code and that that was the code.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jellytime wrote: Do each airmileshop vender count towards the total?
ie. if I go through airmileshop and click to expedia, amazong, and H&M, will that count as 3 towards my total? or is it just one point for all?
No, not in this BIG BONUS Event
Parameters are always different
Shop The Block - MegaMiles - Pack 2 School

If you are new to all this you need to do some reading to familiarize yourself with this Event

Start with the OP here & Reply # 2 for Tips & Tricks

Also, you’ll need to refer to the STB Website for full info
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/partner_offers?reg=ON

Each of the logos on the page, represent Partners
BIG BONUS payouts are for 3 - 5 - or 7
AirMiles Shops.ca is but ONE PARTNER COUNT (no matter how many times you shop there)
Click on the Coupon / Offer
For AirMiles to count ya gotta Spend $ 100 or more in a single transaction
Many RFDers are waiting for Black Friday / Cyber Monday to do their AirMiles Shops.ca shopping cause there will be good deals & AMs multipliers

Also... the Website will evolve over the 6 week run of STB
As expired offers are deleted and new ones are announced
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
User445316 wrote: I ordered a cake yesterday, will pick it up tomorrow. After reading this I was concerned about my coupon use. I went on the link you posted and asked the question "What's included on the catering menu" and I got a much different list than the few catering platters you linked under individual trays. I don't know if my order will work but I'm hopeful. I can report back when metro posts next week unless it shows on the receipt when I pick up the cake tomorrow. (no loss in my case I needed the cake anyway)
Good to know
Do keep us posted
Cause if the Offer covers more items than less that is a plus for many RFDers here

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)