Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

Shop The Block 2018 - Nationwide (Nov 15 to Dec 27) [BIG BAMs NOW POSTING]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2019 9:33 am

Poll: The STB 300/1000/2000 BAMs are starting to post. What situation are you in?

• Total votes: 339. You have voted on this poll.
Tried for 7 offers and got my full 2000 points

62%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 1000 points

26%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 300 points

1%
Tried for 7 offers and got zero points

1%
Tried for 5 offers and got my full 1000 points

5%
Tried for 5 offers and only got 300 points

2%
Tried for 5 offers and got zero points

0%
Tried for 3 offers and got my full 300 points

2%
Tried for 3 offers and got zero points

0%
I haven't received my points yet

2%
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
john.canad wrote: Does anyone know for the BMO/AMEX offer, do only the transactions need to be posted by Dec 15, or the STATEMENT with those transactions have to be posted by Dec 15?
Don’t know WHERE you are getting your info from
But it is incorrect

BMO AMs MC Offer runs the entire length of the STB Promotion
November 15th to December 27th
See = www.shoptheblock.ca for Offer Info and HOW TO USE

Here’s a copy of the T&Cs from that Website
Term & Conditions
Eligible credit cards include: BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, BMO®† Gold AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, BMO®† AIR MILES® Business Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® No-Fee Business Mastercard®*. Offer can only be used once per AIR MILES® Collector Number. The same AIR MILES credit card must be used for purchases during the promotional period in order to qualify for this offer.
Opt-in requirements: To qualify for this offer, you must (a) opt in for the Offer by entering your AIR MILES Collector Number and clicking the “Submit” button on the BMO Opt-In page on or before December 27, 2018, and (b) make 25 purchases using your eligible BMO AIR MILES Mastercard between from November 15 – December 27, 2018, inclusive. These 25 purchases do not have to be made at the same retailer and can be made at multiple retailers. There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. “Purchases” refer to the number of times your card is used to pay for goods or services, not how many items are bought in a transaction. Actions (a) and (b) as listed above cumulatively count as one (1) Bonus Offer during the Shop the Block® Promotion. See the Shop the Block Promotion Terms and Conditions for promotional details. This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number associated with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account. A limit of one (1) offer applies per credit card account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Bank of Montreal.
®†/™† Trademarks of Bank of Montreal.
®* Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Used under license.
So no matter when you OPT IN your purchases will be counted for the Promotional 6 Wk period

You will see nothing at anytime on your Statement
The calculation will be done sometime after December 27th to determine if those who OPTED IN had enough Transactions to qualify IF YES then BMO AMs MC will let AirMiles know to count them into your STB PARTNER COUNT

* NOTE - The AMEX AMs CC STB Offer works similarly
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Wpegger wrote: Does anyone know if the Lowes offer can be done online? i.e. paid online, picked up instore and received the BAMs?
YES see my Reply # 2095 for more info
Oct 24, 2005
629 posts
247 upvotes
Redeemed at Rona for this one
Solo - LED Bulb with Bluetooth Speaker - White

$37.49 Each Save $12.50
Same is $60 at homedepot and lowes.

But it is $32.49 at the company web store.

Not sure if Rona will PM with them but I did not ask as I searched after I return from Rona. Cashier told me I could redeem $40 but I said no to qualify for STB.

Seems to be a good Christmas gift.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
zdenoZ wrote: I'm thinking of buying this for the Lowe's offer. Do you think it would count?

https://www.lowes.ca/power-strips-surge ... oods-surge

Thanks!
Kelly M wrote: Hmmm...no surge protection. Hard to say. If you’re going to try it, maybe buy it now, don’t open it , and if you don’t get the STB miles (Lowe’s usually posts quickly), then return it next week and try something else?
This

It’s a Power Bar with Timer. And it doesn’t include any Surge Protection. Nor is it an Extension Cord. So unless it falls under the “networking tools” definition of the Lowe’s STB Offer, I would say NOT LIKELY.

READ the offer = www.shoptheblock.ca
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2057 posts
2034 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wpegger wrote: Well the promo includes surge protectors...
Indeed it does, but that item has no surge protection, hence my comment:-)

But I am curious as to how strictly the promo terms will be applied. In fact that item even comes up when you do a "surge protector" search on Lowes.ca. If it were an item I wanted I would give it a try.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2057 posts
2034 upvotes
Winnipeg
PointsHubby wrote: I think we all determined during the P2S Promo that was pretty much a fluke with AirMiles Shops.ca
As Rona’s own website says they will not generate AirMiles on Gift Cards.
So that’s no AMs on either Rona (as a FULL Partner) or AirMiles Shops.ca (as a FULL Partner) using Rona

But hey, as always ones mileage may vary... but $ 100 IMO is a lot to risk against a NEEDED PARTNER COUNT if it doesn’t work out
Yup. Too much risk. And even worse (for me) would be trying to spend that $100 Rona gift card afterwards. I'm having the dickens of a time trying to even find something at Rona I can redeem 285 miles against for their STB offer. I swear, it's like they don't even TRY to be competitive.
Oct 24, 2005
629 posts
247 upvotes
Kelly M wrote: Indeed it does, but that item has no surge protection, hence my comment:-)

But I am curious as to how strictly the promo terms will be applied. In fact that item even comes up when you do a "surge protector" search on Lowes.ca. If it were an item I wanted I would give it a try.
@jonnieh confirmed in #2062 that this one counts "Woods 6-Outlet Metal Power Strip Power Strip Built-in Circuit Breaker"
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2019 upvotes
Ottawa
PointsHubby wrote: Don’t know WHERE you are getting your info from
But it is incorrect

BMO AMs MC Offer runs the entire length of the STB Promotion
November 15th to December 27th
See = www.shoptheblock.ca for Offer Info and HOW TO USE

Here’s a copy of the T&Cs from that Website

So no matter when you OPT IN your purchases will be counted for the Promotional 6 Wk period

You will see nothing at anytime on your Statement
The calculation will be done sometime after December 27th to determine if those who OPTED IN had enough Transactions to qualify IF YES then BMO AMs MC will let AirMiles know to count them into your STB PARTNER COUNT

* NOTE - The AMEX AMs CC STB Offer works similarly

AMEX has different T&C
Terms & Conditions
To be eligible for this offer:
Your American Express AIR MILES Card account must be in good standing.
You must opt in for the offer by enrolling your AIR MILES Collector Number and clicking the “Activate Offer” button in the offer email sent by AIR MILES or at shoptheblock.ca on or before December 15, 2018.
You must use your American Express®* AIR MILES® Consumer and/or Small Business Card that is linked to the enrolled AIR MILES Collector Number to make twenty five (25) purchase transactions between November 15, 2018 and December 15, 2018 inclusive.
Offer period starts at 12:00:01 a.m. EST on November 15, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 15, 2018.
Purchase transactions charged to your American Express AIR MILES Card must be subsequently posted to your account by December 15, 2018 to qualify for this offer.
Purchase transactions can be made at any retailers or online stores and not necessarily at AIR MILES Partner locations.
There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction.
Completing this offer will count as one (1) used Bonus Offer during the 2018 Shop the Block Event. A maximum of one (1) Bonus Offer is available per enrolled AIR MILES Collector Number. Purchases made with Supplementary Cards linked to an enrolled AIR MILES Collector Number are qualifying purchases. “Purchase transactions” refer to the number of times your Card is used to pay for goods or services, and not how many items are bought in a transaction. Returns, credits, adjustments, funds advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for this offer.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Amex Bank of Canada.
®*™*: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
Aug 11, 2011
265 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
Howitzer1 wrote: I posted a receipt a couple pages back. For IGA you should see "Coupon 115" on your receipt.
Took me a while to EVEN see it on the receipt you posted. I finally found it and have the same code on mine as well!

Thank you
Dec 11, 2009
94 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
For the Rona "use 285 Cash Miles for $30" I was in the neighbourhood, so I bought a real live Christmas tree ($27.99) plus windshield washer fluid ($2.49) for a total of $34.44.

Charged the difference of $4.44 to my BMO airmiles mastercard, for another chit there ;)

I see the redemption has already hit my AM account online.

Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Kelly M wrote: Yup. Too much risk. And even worse (for me) would be trying to spend that $100 Rona gift card afterwards. I'm having the dickens of a time trying to even find something at Rona I can redeem 285 miles against for their STB offer. I swear, it's like they don't even TRY to be competitive.
Lol, same here.
Still have a Rona $ 25 GC that came on a promo in the Summertime
Buy $ x and get a $ 25 GC Back

Truth is we only find stuff for the most part worthwhile buying at Rona Spring thru Summer
As they set up a decent seasonal garden area (like Cdn Tire does)

But ya if it ain’t dirt, mulch or maybe something for the backyard, we don’t do much shopping there
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6261 upvotes
Rona return policy is 90 days unopened. I am not sure about Lowe's, probably similar. Since I am doing Rona or Lowe's as 8th ones (backup to HBC). If I can get HBC 30BAM in 2,3 weeks, then I will safely return these purchases and save my money. Doing airmilesshop.ca & Staples would also be an option for me, but I am waiting for Dec where Staples requirement drops to $100, Now is $150 so a little bit expensive. Also when you redeem miles and return at Rona, they don't return the miles, but they pay back the whole amount to your credit card
Last edited by mkl38s on Nov 24th, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 25, 2018
19 posts
14 upvotes
Bought $35 at Action Truck website on November 18. No coupon, put in AM card number followed by 4X.
Today, 1 AM + 4BAM posted.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
john.canad wrote: AMEX has different T&C
Aha... got it
Should have double checked the AMEX T&Cs too

Ya for AMEX I would read that as the Transactions needing to be posted to the CC Account by December 15th
And not Statement / AMEX info POSTED to your AirMiles Account

Otherwise they would not have used the word Transactions IMO

The rest of my OP Reply holds
Nothing going to show up on either your AMEX Statement
Or your AMs Account for this SHB Task / Challenge
Sep 26, 2011
450 posts
603 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: And to be fair... you all are not alone in this struggle. I go thru it everytime I have an AMs Coupon Offer at Shell
Shell is by far one of the worst AMs National Partners to deal with in regards to the poor training that their Cashiers get.
It drives me up a wall. So much so... that I try to avoid using Shell if at all possible
Bingo.
There's two Shell stations located barely 1.4km apart on the same street, here in Kitchener, and not even they are consistent with each other in how their staff are trained. Last STB event, one store clerk insisted that he had to collect the printed coupon once the offer was redeemed, even though that's not how his counterparts down the street were operating. So, I had to bring a fresh one every time I filled up... until suddenly halfway through the STB event, he changed his ways... lol!!
I also noticed the promotional signage above the pumps says AM collectors have to use a coupon available "in store" with no mention of the online opt-in, even though coupons themselves explain that it can be done digitally to enable pay-at-the-pump.

Shell's been incrementally clawing back their "generosity" for many years, too. Now that they only give 1 base AM for >15L fuel (no matter how much you buy) I purposely only put in 15L at a time. Then they scrapped www.roadtorewards.ca and replaced it with www.shell.ca/refuelrewards that's far less achievable.
Also bugs me how some Shell stations show up on the AM collector account statement without a city or address, just the meaningless station code like "C80216 (12389148)" -- yeah, real helpful when trying to reconcile earned AMs, Shell! :rolleyes:
Nov 23, 2018
29 posts
16 upvotes
Does anyone have instructions on how to do the samsung offer? I created a samsung account, logged in and don't see anywhere to add my AM number
Jul 11, 2017
58 posts
16 upvotes
I think I finished a first 7 transaction (Quebec)
My airmiles:
1-The Bay... got actaully 1 airmile transfered from HBC point... so I assume no problem there
2- BMO 25 transactions...won't be a problem...
3- Jean coutu use 85CM instead of 95CM... nothing on receipt
4- Marchés Tradition Get 10 BAM WUS $40 on receipt it just says Bonus airmiles 10
5- airmilesshops.ca - Get 50 BAM WUS $100+ In A Single Transaction .... did Under Armour...
6 RONA/Home & Garden RONA/L'Entrepôt RONA: - Get 10 BAM When You Redeem 285 CM ($30)... redeemed 285 cm... nothing on bill but I guess the spend your points are pretty straightforward...
7-IGA: - Get 5 BAM When You Redeem 95 CM....Coupon 115? ..

My partner's Airmiles.
1- Samsung Pay: - Get 75 BAM When You Link Your AM Collector Number To Your Samsung Account Not sure about this one but did follow the instructions...
2-Hudson's Bay Get 30 BAM When You Register To Convert Your Hudson's Bay Rewards Points To Miles (again not sure..but I did save his The Bay Card number...which I imagine he will receive soon) did do the convert to Airmiles option
4- Airmilesshops.ca - Get 50 BAM WUS $100+ In A Single Transaction .... did a Gap order
Next stop IGA spend your points and Rona spend your points
and something else not sure what yet.
Big thanks to PointsHubby and trystee..... You must feel like the parents of a hundred kids asking a thousand questions...and not always following what they were told....LOL
Should I get a 8th one to make sure or I am pretty safe with those 7?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
frugalgladis wrote: Does anyone have instructions on how to do the samsung offer? I created a samsung account, logged in and don't see anywhere to add my AM number
Yup
Read my Posts # 1193 & # 1736
For detailed info on both the Offer... and HOW TO USE for BEST RESULTS
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
phyre50 wrote: I think I finished a first 7 transaction (Quebec)
My airmiles:
1-The Bay... got actaully 1 airmile transfered from HBC point... so I assume no problem there
2- BMO 25 transactions...won't be a problem...
4- Marchés Tradition Get 10 BAM WUS $40 on receipt it just says Bonus airmiles 10
5- airmilesshops.ca - Get 50 BAM WUS $100+ In A Single Transaction .... did Under Armour...
6 RONA/Home & Garden RONA/L'Entrepôt RONA: - Get 10 BAM When You Redeem 285 CM ($30)... redeemed 285 cm... nothing on bill but I guess the spend your points are pretty straightforward...
7-IGA: - Get 5 BAM When You Redeem 95 CM....Coupon 115? ..

My partner's Airmiles.
1- Samsung Pay: - Get 75 BAM When You Link Your AM Collector Number To Your Samsung Account Not sure about this one but did follow the instructions...
2-Hudson's Bay Get 30 BAM When You Register To Convert Your Hudson's Bay Rewards Points To Miles (again not sure..but I did save his The Bay Card number...which I imagine he will receive soon) did do the convert to Airmiles option
4- Airmilesshops.ca - Get 50 BAM WUS $100+ In A Single Transaction .... did a Gap order
Next stop IGA spend your points and Rona spend your points
and something else not sure what yet.
Big thanks to PointsHubby and trystee..... You must feel like the parents of a hundred kids asking a thousand questions...and not always following what they were told....LOL
Should I get a 8th one to make sure or I am pretty safe with those 7?
Awesome.
Things look good.
It sounds like you did follow the directions, so things should work out / POST well.

And thanks for the kind words

RE - HBC
The reward is 30 BAMs
It will first post to HBC Rewards Account as 1200 HBC Rewards Points
(40 HBC Rewards Points = 1 AM )
Then about 2 weeks later Auto Convert to the corresponding AMs Account

You say you’ve already received 1 AM
Guessing it’s because there were some HBC Rewards Points in the account already

At any rate... you can check up on this one... follow progress
Just by logging into your HBC Rewards Account and looking at Points Activity / History
Should tell you what the 1 AM was for that already POSTED
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
zdenoZ wrote: I'm thinking of buying this for the Lowe's offer. Do you think it would count?

https://www.lowes.ca/power-strips-surge ... oods-surge
Thanks!
I can verify for you that I got this exact same bar and received +1 and +9 bonus already posted on my am's the very next day. If you're in BC it is OOS. Someone also said a Woods trouble light works and they had many in stock at the Grandview GVR store. Basically as many mentioned, buy a Woods product or whatever is on the Lowe's required item description. See if the +10 posted if not try something else.
maliken7576 wrote: If you want to buy online at Lowes (pick up at store) let say one of the Woods power strips can you use shopairmiles website and mazimize the 15 x airmiles offer?
Don't see why not, I did this thru online going thru GCR then picked it up and got something back. Samething if you were go to thru airmileshops.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)