Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

Shop The Block 2018 - Nationwide (Nov 15 to Dec 27) [BIG BAMs NOW POSTING]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2019 9:33 am

Poll: The STB 300/1000/2000 BAMs are starting to post. What situation are you in?

• Total votes: 339. You have voted on this poll.
Tried for 7 offers and got my full 2000 points

62%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 1000 points

26%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 300 points

1%
Tried for 7 offers and got zero points

1%
Tried for 5 offers and got my full 1000 points

5%
Tried for 5 offers and only got 300 points

2%
Tried for 5 offers and got zero points

0%
Tried for 3 offers and got my full 300 points

2%
Tried for 3 offers and got zero points

0%
I haven't received my points yet

2%
Nov 27, 2018
55 posts
31 upvotes
YVR
I wonder if these exclusive Shell offers are due to people going to the Shell website on the gas receipt and doing their survey and not exclusively via AirMiles. Is there any extra value in doing their surveys?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5313 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
ahsalloum wrote: Had to do an exchange for an item from my Banana Republic Order because it arrived defective. The email I got was for a return and another for a reorder of the item. According to the rep I spoke to, it’s not a refund - just how their system processes an exchange. I’m just concerned this would void the Airmiles on it. Anyone with a similar experience know what the outcome is likely to be?
Not sure exactly what will happen, but if it were me I would not count it as my 7th, I’d do an extra one for sure.
Nov 26, 2017
394 posts
425 upvotes
Montréal
I'm done with 7 for 2 accounts, but nothing has posted yet. For some of the retailers, I did the offer 2x just to be sure. Those are items that I was going to purchase anyway.

1st Account

1.) IGA - Spend 95 miles
Did 2x, Coupon 115 on receipt

2.) Jean Coutu - Spend 85 for $10, increments of 85
Spent 170 points (85 x 2), nothing on receipt

3.) Samsung Pay - Add AM to account

4.) AirMilesShops - Spend 100+
Did 2x in Amazon, but I might return an item making this just 1, not yet posted

5.) IGA Express - Spend $15+
Coupon 120 Airmiles en prime shop the Block IGA Express on receipt

6.) Pitou Minou & Compagnons (Global Pet Food) - Spend 50+
Air-Miles Promo $50 10 Bonus Air-Miles on receipt

7.) RONA - Use 285 AM points, increments of 285
Used 285 AM, nothing on receipt

2nd Account

1.) IGA - Spend 95 miles
Coupon 115 on receipt

Spent 100+ in Amazon, not yet posted

Number 8 for both will be Les Marchés Tradition, all for Holiday celebrations. Number 9 will be HBC, I already did this before but I will attempt to do it again. I will probably purchase 2x $100 from AirMilesShops, if there are things that I still need to buy.
😄
Nov 26, 2017
394 posts
425 upvotes
Montréal
canuckcolehead wrote: Not sure exactly what will happen, but if it were me I would not count it as my 7th, I’d do an extra one for sure.
I would agree. This happened to me before, and it wasn't counted in the end.

Edit: I meant to say that it wasn't counted.
Last edited by Ayapoikiekao on Nov 30th, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😄
Sep 25, 2018
111 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ahsalloum wrote: Had to do an exchange for an item from my Banana Republic Order because it arrived defective. The email I got was for a return and another for a reorder of the item. According to the rep I spoke to, it’s not a refund - just how their system processes an exchange. I’m just concerned this would void the Airmiles on it. Anyone with a similar experience know what the outcome is likely to be?
canuckcolehead wrote: Not sure exactly what will happen, but if it were me I would not count it as my 7th, I’d do an extra one for sure.
I would do an additional one, too!
"Share" is a powerful action verb!
Nov 14, 2018
92 posts
34 upvotes
User445316 wrote: Just back from using the Metro Catering coupon. I picked up the cake at the bakery. Went to the cash and the cake rang in at 23.99 (26.99-3.00). All my paperwork said the cake was 25.99. Cashier said it must be on sale this week. (it is). Told her I didn't care I wanted to pay the 25.99 so that I could use my coupon (bigger picture). Supervisor told her to ring in an additional $2 (bakery) and give me the cash. I told them I didn't want the cash I was happy to pay the 25.99 for the cake but I wanted to use the coupon. She entered the coupon and 50AM popped up on the receipt. Of note: the top of the receipt says "Bonus offer" but it doesn't specifically mention PLU 83912. The 50AM are there so I guess it worked. Will need someone else who tries this to verify that's how there's worked also.

I should add by the time I questioned the $23.99 a line was now forming behind me at the cash. I apologized a few times to the people in line.
Hi there,

I've just tried to look through all of the pages after your post here, and didn't see this ever revisited. By any chance, did you determine for sure that this worked for you OK? I'm nervous - i've just placed an order for a cake that I'm picking up next week. I don't think I've ever done one like this where this is no coupon but a PLU for cashier to enter. Did you see the miles posted in your account yet and/or has anyone let you know that what you saw on your receipt was the same as what they saw as well? Thanks in advance for your help/guidance!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3338 posts
602 upvotes
GVR
Ayapoikiekao wrote: I would agree. This happened to me before, and it wasn't counted in the end.

Edit: I meant to say that it wasn't counted.
SBK500 wrote: I would do an additional one, too!
Incredibly annoying. I already have two different orders done over $100 for the StB promo so that should be covered, but this was 240 miles with the 5x+15x airmiles promo on BF that I might have to fight for if this exchange voided them. Even if they only discount the miles for the exchanged item, that's 100 miles.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
canuckcolehead wrote: Yes a weekly plan.

After you sign up, order the first week available (to ensure the bonus AM get posted within the promo period -Dec 27)

You can immediately “skip delivery” for up to the next 5-6 weeks... then decide if you want to cancel... or log in once a month and keep skipping...
Thanks, skipping right away is a good move as they would charge me for the second box the same day the first box arrives.
Banned
Oct 3, 2018
126 posts
148 upvotes
Can the sobeys urban fresh gc be used with regular sobeys? it would be a good way to cross out two for next week
Mar 2, 2018
288 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
tjason wrote: Hi there,

I've just tried to look through all of the pages after your post here, and didn't see this ever revisited. By any chance, did you determine for sure that this worked for you OK? I'm nervous - i've just placed an order for a cake that I'm picking up next week. I don't think I've ever done one like this where this is no coupon but a PLU for cashier to enter. Did you see the miles posted in your account yet and/or has anyone let you know that what you saw on your receipt was the same as what they saw as well? Thanks in advance for your help/guidance!
I had the bonus AM post to my account. It posted like this:

17 Nov 18 METRO METRO VIEWMOUNT PLAZA BONUS REWARD MILES ON PRODUCT +50
17 Nov 18 METRO METRO VIEWMOUNT PLAZA 1 REWARD MILE PER $20 +1

The 50 AM posted under the reward miles column not the bonus airmiles column. The receipt just had the words Bonus Airmiles +50 on it not mention of the PLU code. I've kept copies of my order as well as my receipt just in case. Others who have purchased using this coupon report similar postings.
Aug 23, 2010
630 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
ahsalloum wrote: Incredibly annoying. I already have two different orders done over $100 for the StB promo so that should be covered, but this was 240 miles with the 5x+15x airmiles promo on BF that I might have to fight for if this exchange voided them. Even if they only discount the miles for the exchanged item, that's 100 miles.
Doesn't hurt to explain the situation using Live Chat and see what they say. My airmilesshops transaction got split into 2 charges of <$100 each and the rep said she would make sure it would be counted. I saved the chat log in case to make it easier to fight for the BAM if anything.
Feb 16, 2011
289 posts
145 upvotes
eyeswdeshut wrote: Can the sobeys urban fresh gc be used with regular sobeys? it would be a good way to cross out two for next week
Yes. This has been discussed before as a good way to do so.
It would be helpful if you read the posts instead of just asking the question again.
You may want to consider opening those eyes Grinning Face
Mar 2, 2018
288 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
Ayapoikiekao wrote: I'm done with 7 for 2 accounts, but nothing has posted yet. For some of the retailers, I did the offer 2x just to be sure. Those are items that I was going to purchase anyway.

1st Account

1.) IGA - Spend 95 miles
Did 2x, Coupon 115 on receipt

Did 2x in Amazon, but I might return an item making this just 1, not yet posted

2nd Account
IGA and Jean Coutu have not posted the bonus miles on my accounts either. So long as you have coupon code 115 (for IGA) and a copy of your redemption email you can prove that you fulfilled the requirements of the coupon. I can't speak to any of the other offers you did as I didn't do them.
Last edited by AMlovesDisney on Dec 1st, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 2, 2018
288 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
eyeswdeshut wrote: Can the sobeys urban fresh gc be used with regular sobeys? it would be a good way to cross out two for next week
Yes
Aug 8, 2018
107 posts
114 upvotes
Centre of universe G…
The Samsung BAM hasn't been posted in my account but got posted in my other account even though I did it on my account first. Anybody else having the same issue?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2624 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
I went for the Rona offer (285AM against 30$) Yesterday (it's expired as of Today) and had the same result : nothing on receipt.

I also went to fill up 25L @ Shell, used the printed coupon even though I had opted in online, and got the 1 reg + 5 BAM on receipt with the mention for STB.

I did the HBC (new register), waited 5 days, opted for auto-convert and got zero email or confirmation.

For the IGA that I did a week and a half ago (use 190AM against 20$), the reg 1 AM posted Today, dated to 25 Nov, but no BAM posted. I do have the receipt, it does have the coupon code 115 but, again, I don't have a lot of confidence on that one, it never posted on previous similar promos.

Still nothing posted for Samsung either.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Always on lookout for deals on quality goods and services.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
Anyone know how long it takes for AM to post for purchase done through airmilesshops.ca? I purchased a $300 item through Amazon on BF but haven't seen anything yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
RyanS219 wrote: Anyone know how long it takes for AM to post for purchase done through airmilesshops.ca? I purchased a $300 item through Amazon on BF but haven't seen anything yet.
same here - it is extremely irritating that there is no way to know if it's pending. If ebates and swagbucks can show shopping visits and pending money so quickly, why the heck can't airmiles??
Mar 19, 2007
483 posts
485 upvotes
RyanS219 wrote: Anyone know how long it takes for AM to post for purchase done through airmilesshops.ca? I purchased a $300 item through Amazon on BF but haven't seen anything yet.
tvwatcher wrote:
same here - it is extremely irritating that there is no way to know if it's pending. If ebates and swagbucks can show shopping visits and pending money so quickly, why the heck can't airmiles??
Three airmilesshops > $100 purchases on Black Friday weekend:
Sunday: RONA - ISPU not ready, partner miles posted, airmilesshops not posted
Sunday: Amazon - shipping label created Monday, package still not picked up by Purolator, airmilesshops base, store 5x, site wide 15x posted, no bonus 50AM yet
Cyber Monday: RONA - partial order ISPUed, no partner miles, no airmilesshops miles
Sep 25, 2010
267 posts
196 upvotes
Hey guys I was if you must opt in before doing the 25 transactions for BMO/AMEX offers or is it okay if you opt in AFTER completing the 25 transactions? I just did 25 $0.15 amazon gift card reload transactions yesterday but forgot to opt in

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)