Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

Shop The Block 2018 - Nationwide (Nov 15 to Dec 27) [BIG BAMs NOW POSTING]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2019 9:33 am

Poll: The STB 300/1000/2000 BAMs are starting to post. What situation are you in?

• Total votes: 339. You have voted on this poll.
Tried for 7 offers and got my full 2000 points

62%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 1000 points

26%
Tried for 7 offers and only got 300 points

1%
Tried for 7 offers and got zero points

1%
Tried for 5 offers and got my full 1000 points

5%
Tried for 5 offers and only got 300 points

2%
Tried for 5 offers and got zero points

0%
Tried for 3 offers and got my full 300 points

2%
Tried for 3 offers and got zero points

0%
I haven't received my points yet

2%
Dec 13, 2017
245 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver Island
For those in the west, has anyone tried the Thrifty's 75AM WUS $65 offer?
Did you get AM right way?

Mine only showed Promo 36 on the receipt.
I volunteer at Thrifty's. I did this offer this morning and only Promo 36 showed, no other wording and no 75AMs. Because they know me there, they double checked that everything was OK according to the coupon, then rang my coupon through again to see if anything else might show up, and the only thing that showed was Promo 36. If I have time, I might do a "chat" to check on this.
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
FoMoHotDeals wrote: Use your Sobey's Urban Fresh GC at Foodland to fullfill one more partner offer
Also wait for Metro's offer (redeem 95 cash mile for $10 and get bonus 50AM) or you can use their current offer, Oder from catering menu.
Trouble is I have only like 10 cash miles. I think I’ll stick with Miss Fresh and Foodland for 6 & 7.
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
I sure hope Safeway Liquor (BC) has another offer. Only a single one day offer (that I couldn’t make it to) so far is disappointing.
Nov 21, 2018
92 posts
99 upvotes
As suggested on this thread, I am planning to but the $75 gift card from Sobeys Urban Fresh and then spending $60 of it at Foodland.

How are people spending $60 at Foodland? Are there any good deals there?
Dec 11, 2009
94 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
Boojangles wrote: As suggested on this thread, I am planning to but the $75 gift card from Sobeys Urban Fresh and then spending $60 of it at Foodland.

How are people spending $60 at Foodland? Are there any good deals there?

Have a look at the Foodland flyer and see what appeals to you. Not sure how much it varies by locale, but here is a start:

https://ontario.foodland.ca/flyer/?set_ ... umber=6424

Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
Anyone out east complete the Iriving 4x 35L fill up offer? I see the regular miles posted for each purchase but no STB BAM. Wondering if anyone has recieved their BAM for this offer.
Aug 5, 2018
566 posts
872 upvotes
maliken7576 wrote: REXALL

just spent $63 after tax and got 130 miles.

Base Miles 2
Bonus Miles 120
Load and go Bonus 8

The cashier said she did scan the Shop Coupon and no need.

Should I be worried or the above seems correct? No STB mentioned on the receipt.
I did the same thing as you.
I see the coupon is scanned on the screen while I was making the purchase.
I also got 120 bonus miles, which is 100 + 20 stacked.
I'm fairly sure we are good.
Feb 20, 2008
626 posts
842 upvotes
RyanS219 wrote: Anyone out east complete the Iriving 4x 35L fill up offer? I see the regular miles posted for each purchase but no STB BAM. Wondering if anyone has recieved their BAM for this offer.
Bought a $100 Irving gift card today for my STB qualification instead of the 4 fillups. Will be interested to see how quickly the miles post.
Sep 25, 2018
111 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
oric10 wrote: For those in the west, has anyone tried the Thrifty's 75AM WUS $65 offer?
Did you get AM right way?

Mine only showed Promo 36 on the receipt.
grammasdeals wrote: I volunteer at Thrifty's. I did this offer this morning and only Promo 36 showed, no other wording and no 75AMs. Because they know me there, they double checked that everything was OK according to the coupon, then rang my coupon through again to see if anything else might show up, and the only thing that showed was Promo 36. If I have time, I might do a "chat" to check on this.
For me, it was a little frustrating that the coupon which I picked up at the store itself didn't work earlier today at Thrifty Foods, in spite of my spending $102.62 before taxes. I didn't like to take the cashier's time as there were customers behind me, so I went straight to the customer service, and they awarded me 75 AMs. Since there was no promotion code on any of the receipts (except the 75 AMs + 5 AMs), I went home and chatted with an agent on the AM portal. After asking for a few details, such as the exact spend $, the agent assured me that this would be counted towards the promotion. Then I printed off the chat session, in addition to saving the pdf version of the chat! I am hoping this should be fine.
"Share" is a powerful action verb!
Aug 10, 2005
331 posts
37 upvotes
Thornhill
My LCBO AirMiles posted very fast but just as regular points with no Shop The Block. I didn’t see a special code for LCBO in the booklet.
Did I miss anything?
Nov 2, 2008
39 posts
16 upvotes
maliken7576 wrote: REXALL

just spent $63 after tax and got 130 miles.

Base Miles 2
Bonus Miles 120
Load and go Bonus 8

The cashier said she did scan the Shop the Block Coupon and no need.

Should I be worried or the above seems correct? No STB mentioned on the receipt.

Fyi

Just checked the bill it shows the code for STB see attached
Freecash wrote: Should show STB 20for$40 or a variation thereof- doesnt seem like it is entered.

Am wondering the same thing - Shell's so good about listing which airmiles are from what offer (Shop The Block In-Store Offer, In-Store Purchase, Gift Card Offer), but am not sure what to expect from Rexall.

My bill has the same SP$40 G20AM 41700004995, but am a little more worried because airmiles came out to a funny number. My bill came to $52.99, with 2 bottles of BeWell vitamins that made me eligible for an extra 30 airmiles. So was expecting the bonus miles to add up to 150 ... but instead they only added up to 145??

My bill says ...

Base Miles Earned: 2
Bonus Miles Earned: 145 ???
Load & Go: 0

Total: 147

Can't figure out where the extra 15 would have come from, if not for the Shop The Block - but that was supposed to be 20, not 15. Did you maybe give the coupon before your card as well? Wonder if that may have made a difference? Was going to go back tomorrow and have the cashier refund the purchase and redo it to see - actually, may even go back tonight while it's not very busy.

Will see if it makes a difference? :/
Oct 24, 2017
333 posts
791 upvotes
fullyload wrote: Thanks I used shoptheblock. I'm just going to hope. Seriously, this is the first time I participate in an air miles promotion and it will be the last one. there are so many chances of not having all the points because system and conditions are too vague or archaic. thank you
If you think this one is confusing, you should have been here for last year’s. This one is a piece of cake compared to it.

You’ll be fine. Keep your receipts and check back on this thread in Jan or Feb (it’ll be in the Expired area) when the bonus miles post, and if you’re missing them you’ll just need to chat with AM, giving them the receipts. Bit of a hassle, but it’s 2000 AM, which gives you Gold to start the year. Also means you’re 1/3 the way to Onyx.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
I've flipped the color scheme a bit in post #1 - black will be receipt info, orange will be unconfirmed info and purple will be confirmed info.

I haven't gone through/updated the recent confirmations yet as I've reached the 60k character limitation in post #1 (LOL, I knew it was coming).

I'll PM Tom and see what can be done with the limitation.

If we're capped at 60k, I need to remove some info. I'm thinking the linked posts are useful, so perhaps I could remove the "COUPON REQUIRED/COUPON NOT REQUIRED" for each offer and maybe some of the fine print? The good thing about this year's STB website is that AM is leaving the expired offers on the site and showing the offer as ENDED with the fine print still intact. Unfortunately, when the promo ends, the offers are likely to come down. If I take away the fine print, everyone might want to take screenshots of the offers that they're doing for proof next year, if required.
Feb 8, 2015
656 posts
734 upvotes
Kanata
So far, I did 10. I really hope I get my miles lol.

Urban Fresh $75 GC
Shell bought $25 LCBO GC
LCGO $11 wine
Rexall Redeemed $20 + $5 coupon
Rona Redeemed $30
Jean Coutu Redeemed $10
IGA Redeemed $10
Samsung Opt IN
HBC Opt In

Metro Redeem $10

Just in case, because you never know 2-3 might fail...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
HowHigh wrote: Question for anyone who has experience with the airmilesshop.ca so, I made a purchase through the portal and bought an item over $100 on Amazon.ca but i had an amazon credit of $116 and only ended up paying $11 out of my credit card.

This shouldn't be a problem right? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Same question... Bought a $175 item but paid $125 with a gift card and the rest on CC, total paid show $46.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Madevilz wrote: Same question... Bought a $175 item but paid $125 with a gift card and the rest on CC, total paid show $46.
What matters is the sub total amount.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
peroorim wrote: My LCBO AirMiles posted very fast but just as regular points with no Shop The Block. I didn’t see a special code for LCBO in the booklet.
Did I miss anything?
No special code needed for LCBO.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
Guys don't forget to take advantage of Metro's cashmiles redemption offer (not part of STB at the moment)
You can get 50 Bonus AM for each day for redeeming 95 cashmiles for $10, so if you do all 4 days that's 200 bonus AM for redeeming 380 CM
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2466 posts
3868 upvotes
https://www.save.ca/flyers/sobeys-urban-fresh

On the last page of the Urban Fresh flyer the fine print says:
Get 75 AIR MILES BONUS MILES when you purchase $75 in Sobeys gift cards.
Limit of 5 Bonus Offers per Customer Account.
The Shop the Block coupon limits you to 4 Bonus Offers.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Heads up: Global Pet Foods STB offer of 25 bonus miles when you spend $100 coupon does not work.

I just went today to buy dog food $99.99 and added in another item to go over $100. When they scanned it or typed it in, nothing happens.

So i just used the STB coupon for 10 bonus miles when you spend $50 to at least get the qualifier. Showed up on the screen right away when they scanned it.

Then I will chat with AirMiles to see if they can give me the missing 15 miles.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)