Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Dumbells on Clearance (40lb for $55, 35lb for $50, and more) - YMMV (Barrie Bayfield location, some others)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 1:28 pm
Nov 25, 2019
18 posts
127 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Dumbells on Clearance (40lb for $55, 35lb for $50, and more) - YMMV (Barrie Bayfield location, some others)

Lots of dumbells on clearance at Canadian Tire at the Bayfield location in Barrie.

Skids of dumbells at the front of the store, stocktrack shows >100 in stock for some.
Last edited by zerosyncrate on Jan 22nd, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for a space saver option, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best adjustable dumbbells!
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
This is what it's come to? Even clearance deals on fitness equipment are bad deals Pensive Face
Dec 3, 2018
849 posts
1023 upvotes
Laval, QC
Thanks OP. I was able to get one close to my location in Montreal. I'll suggest to remove location and add YMMV.
Jan 1, 2021
24 posts
23 upvotes
Nev007 wrote: This is what it's come to? Even clearance deals on fitness equipment are bad deals Pensive Face
Canadian Tire marked up the prices of their weights by about 150% since the pandemic started so it's mostly Crappy Tire - at least for fitness equipment. Walmart's fitness clearance deals are usually pretty reasonable imo.
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
Is this a sign that people who started exercising during the pandemic have stopped lifting?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
Nev007 wrote: This is what it's come to? Even clearance deals on fitness equipment are bad deals Pensive Face
its silly... Strolling through a value village a few days ago...
$2/lb for used, DECADES OLD cement plates. This was the kinda stuff pre-pandemic people wouldnt even try to sell, they'd just throw them out.
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
Scott86 wrote: its silly... Strolling through a value village a few days ago...
$2/lb for used, DECADES OLD cement plates. This was the kinda stuff pre-pandemic people wouldnt even try to sell, they'd just throw them out.
Terrible.

I definitely don’t put it past Value Village though. They’ve always had high prices and completely lost me when I found out they are 100% FOR-profit
Dec 14, 2020
28 posts
64 upvotes
Anyone looking for the 40lbs set the Burlington location 777 Guelph Line has the 40lbs one for $39.98. $1/pound.

Got myself a set. Thanks OP!
Images
  • 3822C875-888F-454C-B922-FDA275B6DD12.png
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
joshfindit wrote: Terrible.

I definitely don’t put it past Value Village though. They’ve always had high prices and completely lost me when I found out they are 100% FOR-profit
Some of their prices are pure crazy for sure.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Why are these things so expensive anyways? Lets start making our own RFD weights, I bet we can get it down to 10 cents per lb. Use the cheapest materials that work.

Last edited by junglemage666 on Jan 23rd, 2022 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 24, 2006
717 posts
459 upvotes
london
Clearance prices vary from location to location
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
joshfindit wrote: Terrible.

I have no problem with VV being for profit. They run a damn good operation, especially compared to Sally Ann (at least here, ymmv). Goodwill which was non-profit crashed really badly.

If you think VV prices are high, where else do you shop? Thrift stores are damn cheap vs. normal retail. Not for everybody, but my kids love going there for bargains and complain about way higher prices at “vintage shops”.
Jan 21, 2022
47 posts
89 upvotes
CT marked their prices up so much for weights during the pandemic, it's about time they went on clearance
Aug 25, 2011
397 posts
516 upvotes
京都

I used stocktrack to narrow down the best combination of store distance and price and apparently even if it only has one in stock, you can get two by adding two to cart at another store and then switching your store location back. This splits the in store pick up into two dates (a little annoying but worth it if the price is right). Let's see if this will go through.
Last edited by sushiphage on Jan 23rd, 2022 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3399 posts
3741 upvotes
this is horrible price per lb, and we dont even know what brand this is...could be shit manufacturing quality
Nov 25, 2019
18 posts
127 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: this is horrible price per lb, and we dont even know what brand this is...could be shit manufacturing quality
I bought a set of 20's and 40's and they seem to be good quality weights. The brand is CAP Strength. This website was listed on the label https://capbarbell.com/
Feb 5, 2008
125 posts
235 upvotes
St Catharines
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: this is horrible price per lb, and we dont even know what brand this is...could be shit manufacturing quality
Depending on the location and prices some of them are not bad at all, especially the 40lb ones for 39.xx. some are higher and some are lower per lb but thats why you shop around. The average at most stores is still $2+ a lb for rubber dumbbells

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)