Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Clover Leaf Flaked Light Tuna 24 count $23.28

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2023 2:04 am
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

[Amazon.ca] Clover Leaf Flaked Light Tuna 24 count $23.28

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
Fastest OOS yet for this.
no sig
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a repost? I got it a few days ago based on another thread. It’s OOS now
Jun 16, 2021
534 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
After the first two OOO comments I managed to subscribe to both tomate and lemon pepper ones
Jan 12, 2012
562 posts
1091 upvotes
Calgary
darkwata wrote: Is this a repost? I got it a few days ago based on another thread. It’s OOS now
Yes
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
SPYderBra wrote: After the first two OOO comments I managed to subscribe to both tomate and lemon pepper ones
sundried tomato taste fishy and metallic AF, not even my cat would go near it. just FYI
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
SPYderBra wrote: After the first two OOO comments I managed to subscribe to both tomate and lemon pepper ones
True. Looks like both of those are still available. Nice!
Jun 30, 2013
38 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Lemon pepper is still available. Thanks OP!
Jun 16, 2021
534 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote:
sundried tomato taste fishy and metallic AF, not even my cat would go near it. just FYI
Ewww too late to cancel it now

Edit: Thanks, managed to cancel it
Last edited by SPYderBra on Apr 25th, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 10, 2017
143 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Ordered lemon pepper, 18g of protein in those, have for sure paid $2.99 for 1 many times, love this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
dracolnyte wrote: sundried tomato taste fishy and metallic AF, not even my cat would go near it. just FYI
Cats don't like tomatoes.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
alpovs wrote: Cats don't like tomatoes.
the tomatoes make it taste quite sour and i think it may be leeching some of the metallic flavours from the can due to acidity.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
dracolnyte wrote: the tomatoes make it taste quite sour and i think it may be leeching some of the metallic flavours from the can due to acidity.
That's a poor packaging choice then.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Jul 1, 2011
13 posts
14 upvotes
Renfrew
dracolnyte wrote: sundried tomato taste fishy and metallic AF, not even my cat would go near it. just FYI
tastes fishy lol, news flash. its fish
Jan 8, 2008
486 posts
163 upvotes
Where's my Spicy Tuna!!!

(actually it's sold out everywhere, as Walmart has them on sale for $ 0.97 ea, but I can't find any stock!!!)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
dracolnyte wrote: the tomatoes make it taste quite sour and i think it may be leeching some of the metallic flavours from the can due to acidity.
Tornado F2 wrote: That's a poor packaging choice then.
AFAIK the inside of can is coated with some plastic material to prevent reaction with acid. There is other acidic canned food that doesn't have problems, like tomato sauce or canned pineapple.

I can say that about a year ago I purchased a pack of this dried tomato tuna and every can was fine, no aftertaste or anything.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
alpovs wrote: AFAIK the inside of can is coated with some plastic material to prevent reaction with acid. There is other acidic canned food that doesn't have problems, like tomato sauce or canned pineapple.

I can say that about a year ago I purchased a pack of this dried tomato tuna and every can was fine, no aftertaste or anything.
just saying, i can down the spicy tuna, dill and lemon or olive oil on its own but for sundried tomato, it was very difficult. it leaves a strong iron aftertaste for me, though my palate could be more sensitive than yours.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
dracolnyte wrote: just saying, i can down the spicy tuna, dill and lemon or olive oil on its own but for sundried tomato, it was very difficult. it leaves a strong iron aftertaste for me, though my palate could be more sensitive than yours.
Probably different batches. My batch was maybe two years old as of now. This flavor was not my favorite but I don't think there was anything wrong with it
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I got the lemon one. Everything else OOS.

Still going through the Thai one from a while ago.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2018
1116 posts
1618 upvotes
Ontario
Didn't realize people liked canned tuna so much. Might have to try one out.

I always thought albacore was the best canned tuna. Skipjack is good too?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)