Expired Hot Deals

[Vif Internet] 120Mbps for 60$ Internet (QC) VIF

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2019 3:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1102 posts
1145 upvotes
Roxboro, QC

120Mbps for 60$ Internet (QC) VIF

Deal Link:
Price:
60$
Retailer:
Vif Internet
Saw this promotional pricing from provider Vif in Quebec.
I thought their 120Mbps for 60$ was a great deal but so is there 100 for 55$.

Installation is 60$.
Unlimited usage.
Modem rental included but you need your own router of course.

This promotional price doesn't expire once you sign on according to their CSR.

Looks like their ISP reviews are decent but perhaps a user can give their experience. This should be available wherever videotron is available.

P.S.: For whoever downvoted on the price not being good, i beg of you to find a better deal from a reasonable ISP because the prices in QC are higher than elsewhere or they come attached as teaser rates for 12 months then jump up which is not the case here.
35 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 23, 2016
241 posts
236 upvotes
Ottawa
me too i beg, please post better deals fro Qc
Member
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal
superxxxstud wrote: Saw this promotional pricing from provider Vif in Quebec.
I thought their 120Mbps for 60$ was a great deal but so is there 100 for 55$.

Installation is 60$.
Unlimited usage.
Modem rental included but you need your own router of course.

This promotional price doesn't expire once you sign on according to their CSR.

Looks like their ISP reviews are decent but perhaps a user can give their experience. This should be available wherever videotron is available.

P.S.: For whoever downvoted on the price not being good, i beg of you to find a better deal from a reasonable ISP because the prices in QC are higher than elsewhere or they come attached as teaser rates for 12 months then jump up which is not the case here.
At least we know what you use it for..
Newbie
Sep 14, 2018
23 posts
30 upvotes
Never heard of this company. Anyone got reviews on service and customer service?
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2012
411 posts
229 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
ReDiva wrote: me too i beg, please post better deals fro Qc
Carrytel 50 mbps for 30$ a month, best move I've made this year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1102 posts
1145 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Sempiternal wrote: Carrytel 50 mbps for 30$ a month, best move I've made this year.
Thats not the same speed. Carrytel/Cannet arent offering anything above 60 for quebec at the moment. Your comment is like saying i can find 5Mbps for 10$. That's great but off topic.
Newbie
Aug 17, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
Longueuil
Sempiternal wrote: Carrytel 50 mbps for 30$ a month, best move I've made this year.
Same here.
Could not agree more.
Member
Aug 2, 2005
200 posts
29 upvotes
Hi,
Bell has 1Gb for $59.95/month see picture. And not limited in time.
For QC, call Amro
Images
  • viber image 2019-05-07 , 19.11.44 (2).jpg
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 19, 2007
1315 posts
299 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
consumingconsumer wrote: Never heard of this company. Anyone got reviews on service and customer service?
They've been around a long time (10+ years)... When I had them they were decent, but a lot could have changed since
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1102 posts
1145 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
La0505 wrote: Hi,
Bell has 1Gb for $59.95/month see picture. And not limited in time.
For QC, call Amro
Two problems; first Bell's FTTH gigabit is not available everywhere but in most areas on the island of Montreal, you're going to get Vidéotron.

Second, I saw the picture and the price will increase substantially after 12 or even before unless this is for a special condo deal.
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 4, 2012
59 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I used to be with Vif years ago. They still have a usage limit. When you download past the softcap you will be switched to a slower server. See this link for details https://web.vif.com/softcap/.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5341 posts
8449 upvotes
Montreal
La0505 wrote: Hi,
Bell has 1Gb for $59.95/month see picture. And not limited in time.
For QC, call Amro
"not limited in time" Lol!

The image is clear. After 12 months, your bill will go to over $100 per month because you won't get the $36 credit anymore and the current price will have gone up by then.

Good luck finding "Amro" a year from now. He will have changed name and phone number.

Before you say yes to this deal, get in writing from Bhell (not from "Amro") that "after 1 year you will get the same price".

There are countless stories on the net about broken promises from independent Bhell representatives. Those are amongst the most frequent complaints to the CRTC.

There's nothing wrong with a 12 month deal but know in advance what you are stepping into: expect to have to renegotiate every 6-12 months and be ready to search for another provider. And by then, you will be used to 1Gbps Internet and will find it hard to go back to ordinary speeds.

Every time you will get into a new agreement with Bhell, expect your first few monthly bills to be f*cked-up and have to waste hours on the phone arguing to get things right. Even if you record your calls, they will renege on what was agreed. Been there, done that.
Images
  • 1000x750_smart_fit.jpg
Newbie
Sep 14, 2018
23 posts
30 upvotes
Lol ok this deal is officially garbage. 100gb and 200gb soft caps? I'll blow through that in two weeks.

I can't believe it's 2019 and we're still forced to deal with this caps bullshit, like we're living on the **** Noth pole.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2551 posts
2112 upvotes
Montreal, QC
consumingconsumer wrote: Lol ok this deal is officially garbage. 100gb and 200gb soft caps? I'll blow through that in two weeks.

I can't believe it's 2019 and we're still forced to deal with this caps bullshit, like we're living on the **** Noth pole.
That page refers to ADSL/FTTN first of all. Has nothing to do with Cable (as this offer is).
Secondly, in the paragraph where it mentions how it is calculated, it seems to refer to softcaps being 50% of your actual plan amount. Strange.. I'm just wondering if this is not an OLD page which has not been updated in ages (thier web page, does look outdated - except for updating the product offerings). Anyone interested, should obviously send them a message to clarify about softcaps. That way you also have any response in writing.
I was with them over 10 years ago, and never had any issues at the time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1102 posts
1145 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
consumingconsumer wrote: Lol ok this deal is officially garbage. 100gb and 200gb soft caps? I'll blow through that in two weeks.

I can't believe it's 2019 and we're still forced to deal with this caps bullshit, like we're living on the **** Noth pole.
Well they want to discourage heavy users doing torrents all day is that bad for no-torrent users? Do you think other resellers aren't doing the same without telling you so clearly?
Sr. Member
Mar 24, 2007
910 posts
520 upvotes
not sure why the downvotes, but i think the prices are pretty good (for Quebec) since the deal stays after 12 months... IMO in the long run, the 100mbps cableis the best price by comparing vif and cik deals...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1102 posts
1145 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
moofachuka wrote: not sure why the downvotes, but i think the prices are pretty good (for Quebec) since the deal stays after 12 months... IMO in the long run, the 100mbps cableis the best price by comparing vif and cik deals...
Downvotes probably come from Ontario users who get better deals. I have been looking for something faster than 60 and this is the best price along with Ciktel's latest. However, although i have my parents on a cheepo Ciktel plan and they dont stream anything, Ciktel gets a lot of bad press for slower traffic speeds during prime hours which i wouldnt want to deal with. So yeah, i dont get the downvotes at all.
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2016
100 posts
104 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
I'm sorry but this is a bad deal considering they softcap at very low capacity:

"Speeds are not guaranteed on the secondary server since its a smaller shared server compared to our primary server where most of our bandwidth is allocated. If there are plenty of customers using the secondary server you will see a big drop in speeds during peak times and service may not be usable for streaming or downloading/uploading. However light browsing , emails and IP phone service will not be affected by this as they don’t use a lot of bandwidth"

Best deal I got was videotron $60 for 400/50 unlimited, they just "manage" upload bandwidth and after so many downloads I never saw any difference in speed or service.

If you want a good deal check acanac they have unlimited 50/10 for $25 when you sign for 2 years, I was with them before and never had any issues, I just switched because they could never match any other offers and the cancellation was a pia.

Another company to consider is virgin mobile, they have unlimited 100/10 for $70 and one month free so at the end it gets to like $60 per month.

IMO its not worth going for a small company if they are offering the same price as other companies and "softcapping" the service with very low bandwidth.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2551 posts
2112 upvotes
Montreal, QC
capogalo wrote: I'm sorry but this is a bad deal considering they softcap at very low capacity:

"Speeds are not guaranteed on the secondary server since its a smaller shared server compared to our primary server where most of our bandwidth is allocated. If there are plenty of customers using the secondary server you will see a big drop in speeds during peak times and service may not be usable for streaming or downloading/uploading. However light browsing , emails and IP phone service will not be affected by this as they don’t use a lot of bandwidth"

Best deal I got was videotron $60 for 400/50 unlimited, they just "manage" upload bandwidth and after so many downloads I never saw any difference in speed or service.

If you want a good deal check acanac they have unlimited 50/10 for $25 when you sign for 2 years, I was with them before and never had any issues, I just switched because they could never match any other offers and the cancellation was a pia.
The notes for capping on Vif's site, seem to be old, and specific to Bell's technology (FTTN/DSL). So making all sorts of assumptions here without anyone verifying with them, is useless. Do these rules apply to Videotron Cable service, I don't know. It may, or may not.

Now for ACANAC, I was with them for many years (and many family members, and many colleagues).. Started with DSL, and then moved to Cable (videotron area). I can't say I had issues with the actual internet service, but Customer service is non-existent. Many empty promises. And like you mentioned, cancelling with them is a PIA. I got lucky, but many of my family members (and colleagues) got scr3wed with them, and they would give you one date for cancellation, and then they'd cut you off 2 weeks earlier (so you'd be with no service - and that happened on more than one occasion, so it was not an exceptional error), and then they'd continue to bill.

And for 50/10 being a deal... Well, price is fine, but bell technology (unless it is FTTH), is crap in many older areas. Our infrastructure is aging, and I argued with Bell for ages to come replace the line from the pole into my home (since the insulating rubber on the cable was crumpling, and shorting during bad weather), and they gave me a run around for ages. When I decided to drop ALL their services, they called me back the next day, and offered to get me a tech here within 4 hrs to fix all my problem.. Too Late.. Never again. In QC Videotron territory, nothing can beat the quality of their network. And Yes, the $60 400/50 deal was amazing and I was tempted when they first introduced it (for 2 yr term). Then they quickly bumped it to $65, then $70 and now it is $75 for 12 months only, and then back to $85 (after the promo period). It's still a nice price for one of the most stable networks we have in this area. But for now, I still don't need more than my 60/10 service.

I understand that ON users have many other cheaper options (especially in the denser areas and large condo buildings). But in QC, we don't have many of those deals. And IMHO as much as I hate the 2 big boys here (B(H)ell and Videotron), I'd stick with Videotron technology.
Jr. Member
Nov 10, 2016
100 posts
104 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
Emporium wrote: I understand that ON users have many other cheaper options (especially in the denser areas and large condo buildings). But in QC, we don't have many of those deals. And IMHO as much as I hate the 2 big boys here (B(H)ell and Videotron), I'd stick with Videotron technology.
I feel you, +1 for videotron, (the lesser of 2 evils lol). But tbh its not that bad, I have 2 cellphones and internet and I have a discount of 5 dollars per service, pretty good.

I still don't get why people go with bell, too many horror stories, maybe because they offer the 1gb internet for "cheap" (that most normal people don't need), better go with their child company virgin that offer the service and infrastructure and doesn't have the problems of the parent, also if you negotiate over the phone you can get 2 to 3 months free depending on the "negotiation skills".

Yes acanac customer service was bad but tbh in 4 years I just called twice and never really needed anything so there's a plus for their internet service, for cancellation I was just asked if I wanted to schedule a cancellation date or cancel at the spot, I did that just cancel at the spot, but to refund my money I had to do a chargeback from my bank as they wouldn't just give the refund.

There is also the new child company of videotron fizz, they offer unlimited 120/20 for $65 normal price and I'm sure there's a promo going on somewhere.

Top