[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4841 posts
2020 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Amazon.ca] Vinyl Day (Records) - 2021 *Starts June 11th*

Looking for Vinyl Day deals?
  • Vinyl Day 2021 is coming on June 11! Shop the best in Vinyl selection with exclusive deals on new releases, best seller and our top rated Vinyl Music. While you wait, be sure to:
  • Bookmark this page. It will be your No. 1 destination for Vinyl Day deals at Amazon.ca
  • Become a regular on Today's Deals--check out the Deal of the Day and today's Lightning Deals.
  • Sign up for deals daily emails so you won't miss tomorrow's Deal of the Day and other top deal.
  • Like us on Facebook to receive updates about Music deals, and exclusive Amazon content.
  • Install the Amazon mobile app and shop our deals from anywhere.
  • Install Amazon Assistant to get daily top deal notifications in your browser.

No deals have been listed yet, so watch this space for updates. This sale goes LIVE ON JUNE 11th.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
79 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4017 posts
4108 upvotes
Alberta
Bookmarked. Thanks!
Dec 25, 2006
483 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Not to be sanctimonious but I feel like this is just wholly in opposition to the idea of record store day, which was to support local shops. I know this is a deals site, but it’s really worth sometimes paying a couple bucks more to support the local stores, especially after many of them have been barely keeping afloat through the pandemic.

The Record Store Day site has a list of participating stores. https://recordstoredaycanada.ca/stores/stores.php
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12946 posts
22994 upvotes
danc wrote: Not to be sanctimonious but I feel like this is just wholly in opposition to the idea of record store day, which was to support local shops. I know this is a deals site, but it’s really worth sometimes paying a couple bucks more to support the local stores, especially after many of them have been barely keeping afloat through the pandemic.

The Record Store Day site has a list of participating stores. https://recordstoredaycanada.ca/stores/stores.php
if stores in ON ever open before that day , i fully agree .
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4841 posts
2020 upvotes
Winnipeg
danc wrote: Not to be sanctimonious but I feel like this is just wholly in opposition to the idea of record store day, which was to support local shops. I know this is a deals site, but it’s really worth sometimes paying a couple bucks more to support the local stores, especially after many of them have been barely keeping afloat through the pandemic.

Yep, support your local record shops!! Record Store Day is a great day to get exclusive releases and lots of other goodies. And, it's generally just fun to look, shop and chat with fellow enthusiasts.

Some of these albums listed by Amazon, I have not been able to get from my local record store, though. In particular, I'm a big fan of the Blue Note Tone Poet series and my store can't get them in.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Sep 29, 2010
456 posts
590 upvotes
Nelly, Country Grammar for $40? :rolleyes:

I can't even joke about "In for 2". It's that bad.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4841 posts
2020 upvotes
Winnipeg
pdipps wrote: Nelly, Country Grammar for $40? :rolleyes:

I can't even joke about "In for 2". It's that bad.
Today is June 4th. The sale starts on June 11th. There are no sale prices up now.

So, I'm not sure what the "joke" is?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4841 posts
2020 upvotes
Winnipeg
Variability wrote: Can you sort by 180mm?
I haven't been able to.

Featured, Price: Low to High, High to Low, Customer Rating and Release Date, only.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10105 posts
2073 upvotes
Victoria

I love going to my local record store and buying records. RSD is almost least favourite day to stop there. Instead of being able to casually go in to buy records, it comes a big lineup, you have to spend hours in line, and then waiting your turn to go in. Then you're hoping they actually have the records you want.

RSD is the worst day to record shop in the year.

I also don't mind mixing physical store and online. Most record stores don't carry everything.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8512 posts
3210 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: I love going to my local record store and buying records. RSD is almost least favourite day to stop there. Instead of being able to casually go in to buy records, it comes a big lineup, you have to spend hours in line, and then waiting your turn to go in. Then you're hoping they actually have the records you want.

RSD is the worst day to record shop in the year.

I also don't mind mixing physical store and online. Most record stores don't carry everything.
You occasionally get records only released that day or limited pressings for RSD, but overall, I agree. It sucks.
Mar 4, 2004
907 posts
219 upvotes
London
Seriously, Amazon. It's called Record Store Day- not Vinyl Day. You are not a "record store". The event is to support local business and keep the record stores alive, and shouldn't be co-opted by Amazon to steal their business. Boooo.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2290 posts
1718 upvotes
My local record store closed at the end of 2019 so can't blame the pandemic on it, only other option is in a mall which is not some place I'm going during all this so will be neat to see what Amazon has available
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Oct 24, 2019
155 posts
151 upvotes
For me the best part of shopping for records is flipping my fingers and taking home my prize. Dropping that needle into the groove when I get home is the best feeling in the world... Support local if you can.

Last edited by MrDisco on Jun 4th, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2343 posts
482 upvotes
Gotta agree with you here. If I want to be a cheap bastard (and I'm an RFD user, so that is often the case) I just won't buy vinyl. If I want to buy vinyl it's going to be from a local shop.

May 14, 2007
139 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
For the Vinyl enthusiasts
Vinyl Day 2021 is coming on June 11! Shop the best in Vinyl selection with exclusive deals on new releases, best seller and our top rated Vinyl Music.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1373 posts
827 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Sorry off topic but what is the most recommended turntable in terms of price/value ratio?
Oct 1, 2017
22 posts
68 upvotes
Feb30th wrote: Sorry off topic but what is the most recommended turntable in terms of price/value ratio?
I would say the Pro-ject Primary is a good option to check out. U-Turn have a lot of options to customize so it’s a good value to start that give you options to upgrade later.
Nov 3, 2013
650 posts
1122 upvotes
Regina, SK
Feb30th wrote: Sorry off topic but what is the most recommended turntable in terms of price/value ratio?
It depends on your budget. I'd highly recommend not getting something cheap and crappy like an AT LP60. In my opinion vinyl isn't worth getting into if you aren't going to spend the money to have a decent setup.