Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Vinyl Day (Records) - 2021 *Starts June 11th*

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2021 4:45 pm
Jul 26, 2008
217 posts
158 upvotes
Sidney
Well thank goodness. I was pretty crushed Amazon would try to disrupt a day set aside to support local retailers. Thankfully, this "sale" offers zero threat.
Oct 1, 2007
270 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
springbreak wrote: I'm in Toronto, I find that Dead Dog Records almost always have the best price. They are really nice people too, and their website lets you set up a wishlist (including pre-release titles) so you can alert as soon as one comes in.

https://www.deaddogrecords.com/

Yeah Dead Dog is awesome. New releases & even special limited colourful records are always cheaper than Amazon and the people there are very nice.
Jun 10, 2021
1 posts
3 upvotes
I bought this record, by a pretty good Canadian band, for $9.65 from Amazon a few weeks ago. It said the regular price was just over $14, and the sub-$10 price continued for several days after I ordered. Now it's listed as a "limited time deal" on Vinyl Day for $29.99. Well done, Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083X6NKYS/ref ... vOEjFPFsmR
Feb 3, 2013
328 posts
294 upvotes
Victoria
springbreak wrote: I'm in Toronto, I find that Dead Dog Records almost always have the best price. They are really nice people too, and their website lets you set up a wishlist (including pre-release titles) so you can alert as soon as one comes in.

I recall the 80's TV show "Wiseguy" had a story arc with a record company called Dead Dog Records which had Tim Curry at the helm.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1126 posts
521 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Epic fail
Beware the RFD Effect
Sep 15, 2019
160 posts
388 upvotes
orleans
Horsey2345 wrote: No, it’s vinyl not vinyls. Only recently after too many ignorant people using vinyls did they consider vinyls as a word.
Vinyl is for one you have one.

Vinyls is for when you have a lot.

For example, "I collect vinyls. I just paid $70 for a re-issue of Rumors by Fleetwood Mac on vinyl from the vinyls store."

People always rag on casual collectors who don't know this and try to use vinyl as the plural.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Mar 3, 2009
45 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton, On
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: Vinyl is for one you have one.

For example, "I collect vinyls. I just paid $70 for a re-issue of Rumors by Fleetwood Mac on vinyl from the vinyls store.
The plural of vinyl is vinyl.

If you want to throw an s on there, you collect recordS.
Mar 24, 2015
393 posts
239 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

For example, "I collect vinyls. I just paid $70 for a re-issue of Rumors by Fleetwood Mac on vinyl from the vinyls store."

People always rag on casual collectors who don't know this and try to use vinyl as the plural.
NO.
Feb 18, 2012
842 posts
488 upvotes
Victoria

Lol,
Nope, you have it backwards, casual collectors use “vinyls” as plural.
The “vinyls store” good one.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8522 posts
3229 upvotes
Toronto

https://www.deaddogrecords.com/lp-sound ... ur-ra.html

Didn't see this in stock all day.
Sep 15, 2019
160 posts
388 upvotes
orleans
Horsey2345 wrote: Lol,
Nope, you have it backwards, casual collectors use “vinyls” as plural.
The “vinyls store” good one.
You are getting mixed up with CD.

People commonly say CDs, when the plural of CD has always been CD.

With vinyl, vinyls has always been the accepted plural. Next time you go into a REAL record store where people know their stuff, like at Urban Outfitters, ask the cashier. They will confirm this.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Dec 24, 2011
464 posts
967 upvotes
East, Canada
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: You are getting mixed up with CD.

With vinyl, vinyls has always been the accepted plural. Next time you go into a REAL record store where people know their stuff, like at Urban Outfitters, ask the cashier. They will confirm this.
Please stop. You’re hurting my eyes. Or as you might say, my visions.
Dec 28, 2009
277 posts
89 upvotes
jdewit wrote: Look at Fluance. Or look for something used and buy a new cartridge.
U4IA wrote: Fluance or proj-ject are decent
Just shipped my brand new Fluance back today due to RPM issues.
Last edited by Ninja15 on Jun 11th, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 18, 2012
842 posts
488 upvotes
Victoria

Lol, ok troll
Feb 26, 2008
816 posts
766 upvotes
Surrey
Excellent deal on an epic fail. In for 10!! Vinyl prices have gotten a bit ridiculous the past few years and some of the pressings are absolute garbage in terms of sound.

I had a look at some of the releases for the brick and mortar...nothing really caught my eye.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5166 posts
4078 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

Dude, just stop. You're wrong. I honestly can't tell if you're actually serious.

https://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=4017
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29144 posts
9687 upvotes
Horsey2345 wrote: Lol, ok troll
Melkor wrote: Dude, just stop. You're wrong. I honestly can't tell if you're actually serious.

https://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=4017
From the username and location I have a feeling that guy is French. Don't they put commas in prices instead of periods and put the dollar sign after the price? That may help explain things :lol:

Otherwise, yeah just straight trollin'!
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5292 posts
1888 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: From the username and location I have a feeling that guy is French. Don't they put commas in prices instead of periods and put the dollar sign after the price? That may help explain things :lol:

Otherwise, yeah just straight trollin'!
The ultimate troll in this thread is Amazon, not a deal to be had...