Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
viofo.com

VIOFO 20% off all dash cams

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2020 6:21 pm
Dec 2, 2010
222 posts
346 upvotes
GTA
Updated original post with Aliexpress sale:
V3 with GPS + CPL = $138.57 after coupons, no tax (I have been duty-free, YMMV)

Amazon with 15% off = $163.25 after tax
Looks like shipping time will be the same for both.
Mar 30, 2007
507 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon was next day delivery in ON and total cost was ~$152 after tax.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
geokilla wrote: Still using A119S in both of my cars for almost 2 years now. Running strong and will buy another VIOFO when this dies.
Yup mine working great still after a few years. I would only look elsewhere if you wanted rear cam too.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2009
1209 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
I'm using an A119 V2 that I bought in 2017. Will definitely buy another A119 when it dies.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
Ended up ordering directly from their official Aliexpress storefront.

Here's the video that convinced me the A119V3 > A129 (non Pro), and by a mile:

$159CAD all in for the Hardwire kit, fuse taps (mini), Viofo A119 V3 + GPS + CPL.
Shipped via Aliexpress Standard, so you get a tracking number + handoff to Canada Post. I've never personally been dinged with duties, but here's to hoping...

I'm not willing to splurge on the A129 4K, and don't care too much about a rear camera so content with a A119 V3. Plan on using this as an accident cam + cruising POV cam (sporadically).

Note that I too have a bunch of packages that were shipped early/mid March 2020 and I have never received them. But that was at the start of the pandemic and at this point I am pretty sure they're all but lost (especially shipped via Yanwen/Singapore Post/China Post etc. without a tracking handoff to Canada Post). But willing to give another chance since this has tracking CP recognizes + the shipping situation has improved greatly since March.
Dec 2, 2010
222 posts
346 upvotes
GTA
kashman wrote: Amazon was next day delivery in ON and total cost was ~$152 after tax.
Yes, but that's no longer available to anyone looking to purchase now...
Sep 30, 2019
21 posts
7 upvotes
Mewn
For Aliexpress, don't forget the official store coupon $5 off (9E9VN8YWBKFF) and $6 off over $50 (get6) promo code + 2.75% cashback

Viofo A119 V3 + GPS + CPL = $102.74 USD + 2.75% cb
Jun 7, 2013
441 posts
434 upvotes
Mascouche
Same here, I just stopped ordering from Aliexpress / China generally speaking. Stuff are not arriving / are blocked somewhere...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
ArchLibra wrote: Updated original post with Aliexpress sale:
V3 with GPS + CPL = $138.57 after coupons, no tax (I have been duty-free, YMMV)

Amazon with 15% off = $163.25 after tax
Looks like shipping time will be the same for both.
Curious as to how many others have gotten away without having to pay import tax/duty on these purchases?

I'm interested in buying the A129 Pro Duo, with the CPL and hardwire kit, it looks like it can be had for $230 USD from Viofo direct. Seems like a nice price, however that's about $300 CAD and getting hit with import fees/taxes would be not so nice.

It seems the same stuff can be had from Amazon seller in Canada for $330 but have to add tax on top, which is another $42 or so (there was a Lightning deal for another $50 that's dead). I posted basically the same in that thread but that one seems dead now and is put away in expired...

What do ppl think is a better idea?
1. Pay the $370 CAD and get it from OCDtronic or whatever, get it faster since presumably shipped from Canada.
2. Buy at $230 USD from Viofo, hope to not get hit with duties/taxes and just wait the 2 months or whatever to get it.
3. Wait for a later Lightning Deal, possibly Prime Day deal in September.

Then again I'm not even sure just how useful a dashcam is, apart from posting vids to the "post your dashcam vids" thread for all the idiots I see everyday, lol.
Dec 2, 2010
222 posts
346 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: Curious as to how many others have gotten away without having to pay import tax/duty on these purchases?

I'm interested in buying the A129 Pro Duo, with the CPL and hardwire kit, it looks like it can be had for $230 USD from Viofo direct. Seems like a nice price, however that's about $300 CAD and getting hit with import fees/taxes would be not so nice.

It seems the same stuff can be had from Amazon seller in Canada for $330 but have to add tax on top, which is another $42 or so (there was a Lightning deal for another $50 that's dead). I posted basically the same in that thread but that one seems dead now and is put away in expired...

1. Pay the $370 CAD and get it from OCDtronic or whatever, get it faster since presumably shipped from Canada.
2. Buy at $230 USD from Viofo, hope to not get hit with duties/taxes and just wait the 2 months or whatever to get it.

Then again I'm not even sure just how useful a dashcam is, apart from posting vids to the "post your dashcam vids" thread for all the idiots I see everyday, lol.
Honestly, wait unless you want a dash cam now.

You can always start with single channel and see if it's useful to you. Pass it on to friend or family if / when you upgrade.
Even top-of-the-line models struggle with capturing fast moving license plates - this will be the next breakthrough.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
I tried the Viofo store on Aliexpress store and don't find that it saves me much ... maybe the sale is not on the A129 Duo?

A129 Duo with CPL filter on Aliexpress : CDN$240 - US$8 coupon - US$5 coupon - 2.75% CB = ~ CDN$216
A129 Duo with CPL filter on Amazon.ca : CDN$219+tax = $249

So I am saving $30 but I gotta wait 2 months for delivery, and also the risk of not ever receiving the product, or get dinged by custom and end up being at the same cost.

Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1106 posts
672 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Curious as to how many others have gotten away without having to pay import tax/duty on these purchases?

Blackboxmycar.ca (like OCDtronic, also an authorized reseller) has it on sale for $65 plus stackable $10 off code: BBMCVIP
Viofo A129 Pro Duo + Hardwire kit + CPL: $323.34 CAD (incl tax + free shipping)
https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/products/v ... m-with-gps

Hopefully posting here doesn't flag this coupon and have it disabled. Last time I posted a code for VIOFO it was deactivated shortly afterward lol.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 11.07.08 AM.png
Last edited by Spongeboy on Jun 18th, 2020 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
I ended up going with Amazon.ca and use the 15% off code from OCDtronics ... seems to be best deal at $211 after tax, incl. the CPL filter and GPS logger.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1471 posts
2775 upvotes
Ontario
Solid cameras, they're pretty highly recommended in /r/dashcam which is why I bought one a few years ago. Since then, lots of friends and family have bought these too and all remain just as happy with theirs as I am with mine.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1106 posts
672 upvotes
number17 wrote: I ended up going with Amazon.ca and use the 15% off code from OCDtronics ... seems to be best deal at $211 after tax, incl. the CPL filter and GPS logger.
For clarity, that price is for the A129 non-pro duo version, right?
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
Spongeboy wrote: For clarity, that price is for the A129 non-pro duo version, right?
Yes, this is for A129 Duo Pro.

I decided not to go for pro (4k) because it is a lot more expensive, you need a bigger SD card (more $$ again) and at the end of the day, 4k or not does not make a huge difference in whether you can read license plate or not. Being able to read letters off license plate has to do with fast motion, and most dash cams have the same challenge HD or 4k.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
ArchLibra wrote: Honestly, wait unless you want a dash cam now.

You can always start with single channel and see if it's useful to you. Pass it on to friend or family if / when you upgrade.
Even top-of-the-line models struggle with capturing fast moving license plates - this will be the next breakthrough.
Nah, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger, lol. My friend @moommen here helped me out:
amazon-ca-viofo-a129-pro-duo-296-23-cpl ... #p32721295
Spongeboy wrote: Blackboxmycar.ca (like OCDtronic, also an authorized reseller) has it on sale for $65 plus stackable $10 off code: BBMCVIP
Viofo A129 Pro Duo + Hardwire kit + CPL: $323.34 CAD (incl tax + free shipping)
https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/products/v ... m-with-gps

Hopefully posting here doesn't flag this coupon and have it disabled. Last time I posted a code for VIOFO it was deactivated shortly afterward lol.
Actually, as above RFDer moommen let me know about the 5% code (BUYIT5) so it came out to like $316.xx after tax for the same--5% of $330 trumps $10 ;)
number17 wrote: I ended up going with Amazon.ca and use the 15% off code from OCDtronics ... seems to be best deal at $211 after tax, incl. the CPL filter and GPS logger.
number17 wrote: Yes, this is for A129 Duo Pro.
I think you mean the non Pro right? Because the "professional" version should be a lot more than that. If you did get it for that, first congrats, second excuse me while I go kick myself for thinking $315 was a deal :lol:
number17 wrote: I decided not to go for pro (4k) because it is a lot more expensive, you need a bigger SD card (more $$ again) and at the end of the day, 4k or not does not make a huge difference in whether you can read license plate or not. Being able to read letters off license plate has to do with fast motion, and most dash cams have the same challenge HD or 4k.
Oh okay so you do mean non-Pro. Phew! Saved myself some kicks, lol. Keep in mind the Pro Duo (Duo Pro?) can do 1440p/60 instead of 4K/30, meaning you get both higher res (than 1080p) plus higher framerate. It's a good compromise and I think I might use mine like that.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
Yes you are correct, you can indeed set it up for higher refresh rate instead of 4k resolution... I guess it comes down to price vs value for me.

The price difference between pro and non pro is probably lower with the recent sale but whatever, I'm happy enough with the a129 Duo. Considering my last viofo dash cam was stolen with the car I guess there's a certain extent to what the dash cam can help you with lol.