• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2020 5:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
1955 posts
172 upvotes

[Cineplex] Virgin 2 for 1 is back

Last edited by BBQPorkBun on Sep 9th, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is said that the reason why leaves fall from the branch, is to allow new leaves to take their place. No matter how sad the fallen leaves look, there will always be new sprouts in the spring. Perhaps emptiness in the heart is something like that.
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9062 posts
53919 upvotes
Ontario
but who will go ?
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
1955 posts
172 upvotes
Republicans
Thatdealguy wrote: but who will go ?
It is said that the reason why leaves fall from the branch, is to allow new leaves to take their place. No matter how sad the fallen leaves look, there will always be new sprouts in the spring. Perhaps emptiness in the heart is something like that.
Apr 24, 2013
505 posts
289 upvotes
Crna Gora
I went to see Tenet , which I regret coz the audio was awful, but besides that it is perfectly fine.

If they can open gyms and malls etc , cinema is perfectly fine.

Furthermore on topic, if someone is not going to use theirs I would use it for sure
Feb 23, 2017
320 posts
291 upvotes
I dont think this forum is here to discuss if the deal applies to you or not. For those looking for a hot deal it exists. If you don't want to participate, please move along.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1261 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
nimfomanijak wrote: I went to see Tenet , which I regret coz the audio was awful, but besides that it is perfectly fine.

If they can open gyms and malls etc , cinema is perfectly fine.

Furthermore on topic, if someone is not going to use theirs I would use it for sure
Unfortunately gyms (and bars) are where they believe most of the new cases are. so I wouldn't use the gym as a precedent lol.

otherwise I do think the theatres are very safe, given that they do a really great job spacing ppl out and it's practically empty.
however, there's something about being in an enclosed space with potentially damningly bad circulation that makes me think the cost is not worth it, especially as cases continue to rise, it seems like we are prime for being part of a second wave by being adventurous

i say... if you're gonna go.... GO NOW!!! lol before the second wave actually hits. Face With Tears Of Joy upvote though because i used to yearn for this deal every year and would ensure i used up every single voucher every 2 weeks.
Jun 24, 2016
170 posts
189 upvotes
Even if you're somewhat uncomfortable or disinterested in going now, there's no downside to stocking up on codes over the next 24 weeks to use if the COVID situation improves and/or the selection of releases improves at any point before now and the end of February. I'm going to grab a code every couple weeks just to have them on hand.
Dec 25, 2013
300 posts
225 upvotes
Brampton
Prob should post the summary in the OP thread to on how to take advantage of this for non-virgin customers. It was posted in the previous thread somewhere I think.

Update: Found it:

Guide to get BOGO movie coupon from virgin for free:
1. Buy sim from ebay or order from https://www.distribu-sim.ca/ (free) if you have never order from them before.
Search "virgin mobile sim" in ebay. It should cost $0.99
2. Activate your sim here
https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/activation/index.html
Click Activate now
Are you activating a Prepaid phone using a SIM card? Yes
Input your sim number and then IMEI of your phone (*#06#) or generate one off the internet.
Or choose your device directly if IMEI not recognized
By the minute plans
Get the number and fill in some basic information. You only need to fill in those with *
Pick a way to pay -> Account Balance, then click continue
Submit order
Write down the phone number you choose(Important).
3. Wait to get the sms from virgin. They said it takes 30 minutes, but it took me more than 13 hours. (Someone was reporting that this is not important. You can download the app and use it right away. Didn't even need to put the sim into your phone.)
4. Install the "My Benefits" app and get your BOGO code. You can get one each 2 weeks. I suggest you to get it right away and save it so that you can get another one in 2 weeks.

There is no charge to activate it. And you do not need to put in money to start the plan.

Hope it helps.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1475 posts
556 upvotes
Thanks for posting, OP! I'm in for 2. Don't know when I'll use them, but I totally agree about stockpiling them because you might wish you had one later!
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Jul 21, 2016
875 posts
1851 upvotes
Hey look american, here's your chance at 2-for-1 cinema tickets !
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13041 posts
3526 upvotes
RFD
goobydale wrote: We're not in the us
Ok fine. Republican Americans who live in Canada will go. You happy now? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27382 posts
7690 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: Unfortunately gyms (and bars) are where they believe most of the new cases are. so I wouldn't use the gym as a precedent lol.
I think that's actually the point. If they can open those places where people are often in much closer contact and are talking/facing each other commonly, the theatre is NBD whatsoever. You never even face anyone, you face the screen the entire time you're there, I mean apart from the hanky panky of couples at times lol.
kid_icarus wrote: i say... if you're gonna go.... GO NOW!!! lol before the second wave actually hits. Face With Tears Of Joy upvote though because i used to yearn for this deal every year and would ensure i used up every single voucher every 2 weeks.
I say go anytime and forget about a life of living in fear of a weak virus.
Mar 4, 2006
111 posts
309 upvotes
GTA
Anyone had success using the code? I placed a test order, but received the following error when applying the code: "The code entered is not valid. Please enter a valid promotion code or voucher."