Expired Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Virgin 2 for 1 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2020 5:26 pm
Aug 17, 2008
920 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: I think that's actually the point. If they can open those places where people are often in much closer contact and are talking/facing each other commonly, the theatre is NBD whatsoever. You never even face anyone, you face the screen the entire time you're there, I mean apart from the hanky panky of couples at times lol.
I say go anytime and forget about a life of living in fear of a weak virus.
Depending on which city you're in. Clearly you're not in peel or the gta. Must be nice
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Feb 7, 2012
711 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP
I won't be using mine but I'll pay it forward.. PM if you want my code =)

[edit] gave it away
Last edited by frugette on Sep 10th, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 12, 2018
159 posts
87 upvotes
Edmonton
Inspectah wrote: Anyone had success using the code? I placed a test order, but received the following error when applying the code: "The code entered is not valid. Please enter a valid promotion code or voucher."
Getting the same error. Would appreciate if anyone can tell what's wrong.
Mar 4, 2006
111 posts
309 upvotes
GTA
IshfaqueR4678 wrote: Getting the same error. Would appreciate if anyone can tell what's wrong.
Just read in Virgin's FB page that they have resolved the issue and have reset the 2 week timer so that we can re-generate a new code.
Capture.JPG
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
2320 posts
18714 upvotes
One promo code per Member every 2 weeks.
Offer applicable to General Admission tickets only.
2-for-1 promo code is good for showtimes from Sunday to Thursday.
A surcharge will apply for IMAX®, UltraAVX®, UltraAVX®3D, 3D, 4DX, ScreenX, VIP admission (subject to age restrictions), Prime Seats, D‑Box seating and Barco Escape.
You won't be charged for the SMS we send you with your code, because that would be rude.
Offer available for a limited time only, while quantities last.
Promo code expires February 28, 2021.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2058 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for posting this! This would have been a hot deal any other time, every year it has been a popular deal.

Unfortunately, we all know what situation we are in. Hopefully by February the world would be in a better state to go to a theatre again. One can hope, I had really wanted to watch Tenet. =)
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3091 posts
494 upvotes
Does anyone have a spare code to share? Really wanna watch TENET. Please PM
May 4, 2006
514 posts
223 upvotes
Mississauga
When i go to select a plan, i only see monthly plans now, dont see the prepaid by the minute plan. Weird.

aurasphere wrote: Prob should post the summary in the OP thread to on how to take advantage of this for non-virgin customers. It was posted in the previous thread somewhere I think.

Update: Found it:

Guide to get BOGO movie coupon from virgin for free:
1. Buy sim from ebay or order from https://www.distribu-sim.ca/ (free) if you have never order from them before.
Search "virgin mobile sim" in ebay. It should cost $0.99
2. Activate your sim here
https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/activation/index.html
Click Activate now
Are you activating a Prepaid phone using a SIM card? Yes
Input your sim number and then IMEI of your phone (*#06#) or generate one off the internet.
Or choose your device directly if IMEI not recognized
By the minute plans
Get the number and fill in some basic information. You only need to fill in those with *
Pick a way to pay -> Account Balance, then click continue
Submit order
Write down the phone number you choose(Important).
3. Wait to get the sms from virgin. They said it takes 30 minutes, but it took me more than 13 hours. (Someone was reporting that this is not important. You can download the app and use it right away. Didn't even need to put the sim into your phone.)
4. Install the "My Benefits" app and get your BOGO code. You can get one each 2 weeks. I suggest you to get it right away and save it so that you can get another one in 2 weeks.

There is no charge to activate it. And you do not need to put in money to start the plan.

Hope it helps.
Aug 30, 2019
789 posts
604 upvotes
Brampton
aurasphere wrote: Prob should post the summary in the OP thread to on how to take advantage of this for non-virgin customers. It was posted in the previous thread somewhere I think.

no longer free. 99 cents for virgin sim from distribu. i took advantage of this last year tho. my sim was active for about 3 months then virgin deactivated because i did not top up.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9720 posts
1835 upvotes
Victoria
Usually ever year I grab a free or 99 cent sim and take advantage of this. I'm not sure I'm going to be going into a theatre this year, let alone many movies worth watching being in the theatres.... sigh....

Usually one sim per go around works pretty good. They last about 90 days, which is right around the end of the promo.