• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 11:50 am
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
19 posts

Virgin Home Internet

I need to upgrade my internet. I was about to go with virgin home internet. But then they ask me for my driver's license? Has this happen to anyone?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2900 posts
2445 upvotes
Toronto
SirDealer007 wrote: I need to upgrade my internet. I was about to go with virgin home internet. But then they ask me for my driver's license? Has this happen to anyone?
Yes, to do a credit check.

from https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/ ... terms.html

11. Does Virgin Mobile collect, use or disclose my credit information?

Yes, Virgin Mobile may perform credit checks on you and collect and use information about your credit and payment history from Our Companies, credit reporting agencies or other credit grantors to assess your creditworthiness, update your information, activate Services you ordered, or to assist in collection efforts, all from time to time. Virgin Mobile may also disclose your credit and payment history with Our Companies to credit reporting agencies and credit grantors to assist with assessing your creditworthiness, and to collections agencies to assist with the collection of monies owed, also from time to time. A security deposit may be required to determine your eligibility for Services should you decline a credit check upon activation (see Section 21).
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
19 posts
credit check is fine.. but they are insisting on a driver's license not even my credit card!
Mar 21, 2005
188 posts
59 upvotes
I bought virgin home internet 2020 November and haven’t had a day off from rebooting the modem. Looks like my area won’t be getting fiber optics to the home so I have to use Steve modem. They have replaced 3 modems and always loose internet and have to do hard reboot. I am going to bell canada.
Oct 18, 2013
568 posts
118 upvotes
Oshawa
SirDealer007 wrote: credit check is fine.. but they are insisting on a driver's license not even my credit card!
They are just trying to make there job easier. I signed up without giving my license number. Its more work on there end but its doable
Feb 15, 2007
944 posts
239 upvotes
Pickering
ultimate wrote: I bought virgin home internet 2020 November and haven’t had a day off from rebooting the modem. Looks like my area won’t be getting fiber optics to the home so I have to use Steve modem. They have replaced 3 modems and always loose internet and have to do hard reboot. I am going to bell canada.

You do realize that Virgin is Bell right?
Mar 21, 2005
188 posts
59 upvotes
Yea I realize it’s bell that’s why I bought their service in the first place. The tech support is super annoying. They keep asking me to reboot then tell me to report further. I have gone thru 3 modems since November. Good luck.
Jun 13, 2015
149 posts
67 upvotes
L'Assomption
Have it for a couple months with no problem so far. Not even a modem reboot.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
19 posts
I heard if you did not give a license number then you have to give a security deposit? Is that true?
Oct 18, 2013
568 posts
118 upvotes
Oshawa
SirDealer007 wrote: I heard if you did not give a license number then you have to give a security deposit? Is that true?
No. A security check only.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
19 posts
GeneP66 wrote: No. A security check only.
I should call them back again and say I do not wanna give my license and see what happens... a guy on chat said you gotta give 200 dolalrs
Oct 18, 2013
568 posts
118 upvotes
Oshawa
SirDealer007 wrote: I should call them back again and say I do not wanna give my license and see what happens... a guy on chat said you gotta give 200 dolalrs
Call back. Offer the 200 deposit but ask for interest on your deposit. They will have someone from there security department call you back and then approve you.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2013
19 posts
GeneP66 wrote: Call back. Offer the 200 deposit but ask for interest on your deposit. They will have someone from there security department call you back and then approve you.
I will try that