Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

10 GB for $35 1st year unlimited minutes, 1000 Intl minutes,activation fee waived ($30 for add a line) + $5/m/line yr 2

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12160 posts
3514 upvotes
rockthecasbah wrote: Nope not that I know of from being with them for 2 years.
Ok, thanks, my brother was curious before he goes in tomorrow to flip his son's plan
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Nov 30, 2006
760 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
Added my daughter today. Vm3 isn’t a big deal, teens don’t use the phone anyways. Discord and text in a pinch.
May 2, 2015
588 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Credit check conducted for this activation?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2581 posts
3646 upvotes
GTA
trijunction wrote: Credit check conducted for this activation?
Always a hard check for any new postpaid account with any provider. Only if you add a line to an existing account is there no check.
Aug 17, 2018
920 posts
669 upvotes
I am so tempted to try to switch since my credit will be up at the end of the year the earliest depending on the line. But I don't really want to pay $10 more for 5 more gb then I currently have.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1639 posts
2218 upvotes
Mississauga
I had my 3rd phone line switched to VM yesterday (30$/10gb first year, 35$/10gb second year), the port from Zoomer as of this morning still hasn't gone thru. I called Zoomer yesterday and they said it can take upto 24 hours for the port to go thru because of port protection. They also said that you don't receive any text message asking your permission to port, which is unusual in this day and age. Has anyone had a similar experience.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ smartwatch plan
Rogers $44.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Sep 18, 2018
127 posts
372 upvotes
Any carrier offering port in credits at the moment? Not winback.
May 5, 2017
40 posts
13 upvotes
jadoogar wrote: I had my 3rd phone line switched to VM yesterday (30$/10gb first year, 35$/10gb second year), the port from Zoomer as of this morning still hasn't gone thru. I called Zoomer yesterday and they said it can take upto 24 hours for the port to go thru because of port protection. They also said that you don't receive any text message asking your permission to port, which is unusual in this day and age. Has anyone had a similar experience.
I got similar. I asked Zoomwireless rep that so anyone with my info can port out without my consent! For me it took about 2-3 hours.
However, a line from Public Mobile was instant less than 5 mins.
The worst was from Speakout 7/11 which took 5-6 hours and support rep was helpless and rude!
Jan 21, 2007
719 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op, is black friday deal usually better?
Oct 12, 2014
56 posts
20 upvotes
karlb wrote: I’m being quoted $35 first line for first year, $30 additional lines first year at a Virgin kiosk.
Add $5 the second year to those prices.
Activation fees waived.

Koodo kiosk nearby was $40/30 for first/additional lines for the first year.

Now to see what Fido offers.
edit: Fido matches Virgin’s prices, but charges activation. I was able to get $25/line activation instead of $50/line as we have are long time Fido customers on other accounts, which means we can also refer, which is more than $25.

Thanks for this update! Any idea if Koodo will waive activation fee?
Apr 7, 2015
772 posts
759 upvotes
Vancouver Island
SibaSankarS66859 wrote: Any carrier offering port in credits at the moment? Not winback.
I got 3 x $100 gift cards at The Source last week for porting in for 3 BYOP plans on Virgin. The plans were more expensive than these by a few dollars though, so not worth it.
Jun 20, 2020
36 posts
102 upvotes
Seems to be very region based, Conestoga mall in KW had no info about this deal. Another poster confirmed Kitchener and Cambridge malls had no idea too.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1639 posts
2218 upvotes
Mississauga
wakka888 wrote: I got similar. I asked Zoomwireless rep that so anyone with my info can port out without my consent! For me it took about 2-3 hours.
However, a line from Public Mobile was instant less than 5 mins.
The worst was from Speakout 7/11 which took 5-6 hours and support rep was helpless and rude!
The number finally ported 18 hours after making the original port request.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ smartwatch plan
Rogers $44.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
AncientWords wrote: I got 3 x $100 gift cards at The Source last week for porting in for 3 BYOP plans on Virgin. The plans were more expensive than these by a few dollars though, so not worth it.
You can call and ask if you can change your plan.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Mar 30, 2007
220 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the extra $5/mo for all lines for the first 12 months an Ontario thing only? I'm in BC and switched to this plan yesterday with 2 phones but the guy swore up and down this extra $5 doesn't exist. I'd love to save $10/mo for 12 months!

Also does anyone know if they will waive the $50 setup fee when getting phones? The Virgin sales guy said he has no option to waive that when getting the phones, only if byop.
Dec 31, 2011
339 posts
400 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I find speakout CS to be hit and miss but I've got a lot of rude surly reps there before. Their plans aren't good anymore so I'm going to port from them soon. I don't know how Speakout is still in business

I'm considering either Virgin or Fido but I'm leading toward fido as they have a tower next door to me. Virgin is objectively a better deal as Fido requires faffing around with dealers that know of the special secret deal whereas Virgin requires no messing around and no connection fee
Jul 7, 2003
669 posts
372 upvotes
Carlingwood in Ottawa was not offering this deal.

Went to Rideau Centre and straight up asked about it and they said absolutely. Ported over 2 lines (one from Koodo and one from Cityfone). Took about 15 minutes for the Koodo number to port over and about an hour for Cityfone.
Apr 16, 2013
769 posts
826 upvotes
Surrey
dan2011 wrote: I find speakout CS to be hit and miss but I've got a lot of rude surly reps there before. Their plans aren't good anymore so I'm going to port from them soon. I don't know how Speakout is still in business
That's is because there are many people including yourself that use there services. Which keeps them in business
May 5, 2017
40 posts
13 upvotes
tareks wrote: Is the extra $5/mo for all lines for the first 12 months an Ontario thing only? I'm in BC and switched to this plan yesterday with 2 phones but the guy swore up and down this extra $5 doesn't exist. I'd love to save $10/mo for 12 months!

Also does anyone know if they will waive the $50 setup fee when getting phones? The Virgin sales guy said he has no option to waive that when getting the phones, only if byop.
Yes, they can! I ported 3 lines posted details here.
Feb 5, 2019
11 posts
26 upvotes
edmonton
Did anyone got this offer from Edmonton area?i went to londonderry mall virgin store,they dont waive activation fee and plan will be $40 monthly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)