Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

10 GB for $35 1st year unlimited minutes, 1000 Intl minutes,activation fee waived ($30 for add a line) + $5/m/line yr 2

Oct 12, 2014
56 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone tried getting this deal online via chat?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1432 posts
1145 upvotes
pepperup wrote: Anyone tried getting this deal online via chat?
OP here.

I tried yesterday via chat and they couldn't offer the $10 credit. They offered $5 to bring it down to $45. they were even willing to throw in a one time $50 credit but they couldn't bring the plan price down. I said I might as well take my existing virgin line to Fido since Fido is offering it.

Virgin loyalty called me today as a follow-up and even they couldn't offer this plan.

Then, it struck me. When I called Costco wireless yesterday to ask if they could give Fido plan, they had told me that only Fido corporate owned stores could offer that. So I called the nearest Virgin location (corporate owned i.e. non third party) and they gladly confirmed over phone that they are offering this promo (I did have to go in to activate though).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1432 posts
1145 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: Whats the $400 device credit? Can anyone explain.
Whatever price you see on the website for the phones, you can take additional $400 off.

Ex: If an iPhone is for $650 down and $33/month on top of plan for 24 months, you pay only $250 down and pay $33/month on top of the plan price.

The $400 credit is not offered in any store. it is a winback offer meant for people who actually move their number from virgin to another provider (esp. Freedom). Customer must be with Virgin for at least 90 days before switching to freedom. Virgin usually calls you back in a day or two. There is a separate thread for this.
Jan 23, 2007
299 posts
312 upvotes
London
can someone share which countries are a part of this?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2919 posts
1760 upvotes
Etobicoke
K85 wrote: can someone share which countries are a part of this?

India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan.
Oct 27, 2006
383 posts
550 upvotes
BC
theganguly wrote: On a separate note, Virgin offers 25 GB for $45 and $400 device credit as a winback offer if you switch to competitor (esp. Freedom), so I'll be taking my chances 3 months from now (minimum time required to be eligible for winback is 90 days) when there should be Black Friday discounts.
How exactly does winback operate when you enter into a new contract / activation with them?

Doesn't the penalty of early termination wipe out any value obtained from winback offers?
Jan 23, 2007
299 posts
312 upvotes
London
thanks
specialoffers wrote: India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2919 posts
1760 upvotes
Etobicoke
aznkalun wrote: How exactly does winback operate when you enter into a new contract / activation with them?

Doesn't the penalty of early termination wipe out any value obtained from winback offers?
Right now you have to sign up with Virgin Mobile on BYOD plan.

After 3 months you move to different carrier.

If You are with Virgin Mobile for 90+ days and then move out, you usually get a call back from their winback department and they usually offer you $45/25Gb plan and offer you 400 device credit if you get the phone and sign two year contract
Oct 27, 2006
383 posts
550 upvotes
BC
specialoffers wrote: Right now you have to sign up with Virgin Mobile on BYOD plan.

After 3 months you move to different carrier.

If You are with Virgin Mobile for 90+ days and then move out, you usually get a call back from their winback department and they usually offer you $45/25Gb plan and offer you 400 device credit if you get the phone and sign two year contract
Thanks for clarifying. So in order to do this, the deal would be $50 for 10 GB data BYOD - unlimited talk text, ignoring the -$10 credit (thereby paying the extra $30 for ~90 days total) and then porting out without consequence during Black Friday?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2919 posts
1760 upvotes
Etobicoke
aznkalun wrote: Thanks for clarifying. So in order to do this, the deal would be $50 for 10 GB data BYOD - unlimited talk text, ignoring the -$10 credit (thereby paying the extra $30 for ~90 days total) and then porting out without consequence during Black Friday?
$10 credit is part of sign up bonus on BYOD plan. And you will be getting $10 off for 24 months.. But there is no contract or no penalty for cancelling your plan after 90 days.
Jan 5, 2008
89 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
Is this Ontario only? Does anyone know if this is available in Alberta?
Nov 29, 2017
19 posts
6 upvotes
Following above - anyone know if this is also available in BC metro Van area as well?
thanks
Mar 27, 2007
109 posts
120 upvotes
Delta
Just called Virgin Plus store at Guildford Mall in Surrey BC and the rep can confirm this plan is still on. I am planning to swtich since Fido can only offer $50 for 17GB (10GB + 7GB previous bonus) on my first line and $50 for 12GB on my secondary line and no additional discounts. $75 vs $100 is a no brainer. Bye bye Fido.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5498 posts
5146 upvotes
Toronto
theganguly wrote: OP here.

I tried yesterday via chat and they couldn't offer the $10 credit. They offered $5 to bring it down to $45. they were even willing to throw in a one time $50 credit but they couldn't bring the plan price down. I said I might as well take my existing virgin line to Fido since Fido is offering it.

Virgin loyalty called me today as a follow-up and even they couldn't offer this plan.

Then, it struck me. When I called Costco wireless yesterday to ask if they could give Fido plan, they had told me that only Fido corporate owned stores could offer that. So I called the nearest Virgin location (corporate owned i.e. non third party) and they gladly confirmed over phone that they are offering this promo (I did have to go in to activate though).
did they waive activation or did you have to pay because it was in person? might head over to STC if the deal is still active
May 5, 2015
260 posts
403 upvotes
Dundas, ON
theganguly wrote: On a separate note, Virgin offers 25 GB for $45 and $400 device credit as a winback offer if you switch to competitor (esp. Freedom), so I'll be taking my chances 3 months from now (minimum time required to be eligible for winback is 90 days) when there should be Black Friday discounts.
Is the 90 days condition for all carriers or just Virgin? and is it with the current carrier before switching to Freedom or switch to Freedom first then wait 90 days? I've been following the Telus winback deal but I don't remember seeing 90 days mentioned anywhere.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1432 posts
1145 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: did they waive activation or did you have to pay because it was in person? might head over to STC if the deal is still active
My contract says I do get charged $50+tax activation fee on my next bill, but my contract also says that that amount will be credit back on the 1st or 2nd bill. Since it is in my agreement, I can always call them if they try to pull a fast one.
chenw25 wrote: Is the 90 days condition for all carriers or just Virgin? and is it with the current carrier before switching to Freedom or switch to Freedom first then wait 90 days? I've been following the Telus winback deal but I don't remember seeing 90 days mentioned anywhere.
Not sure if other carriers have it. Best to ask in the respective threads as others might have experiences to share.

You have to be with Virgin for at least 90 days, and then if you switch to Freedom, they'll likely contact you the same day or the next day to win you back.
Aug 18, 2017
23 posts
15 upvotes
Norrh Vancouver, BC
We got this deal a couple weeks ago at the Virgin booth in Park Royal in West Vancouver. $40 for me, $35 for my wife.
Jul 24, 2020
229 posts
197 upvotes
Can I get this deal at Scarborough town center store being a virgin mobile customer, I am with virgin right now but paying $50 for 10GB and $45 for 2nd line.
Jul 27, 2003
259 posts
8 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Can't get it in Niagara Falls area or over chat or phone. Would the two stores do this over phone and mail out sim to us? Or have anyone got this deal closer to Niagara Falls?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
3077 posts
180 upvotes
British Columbia
kungfupanda1986 wrote: Following above - anyone know if this is also available in BC metro Van area as well?
thanks
Yes, it’s still available as of today at corporate owned Virgin Plus stores. However, it’s only for new customers. I believe Fido is running the same promo, so you could always switch (if you’re already a Virgin Plus customer).