Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

10 GB for $35 1st year unlimited minutes, 1000 Intl minutes,activation fee waived ($30 for add a line) + $5/m/line yr 2

Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4982 posts
5093 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have line with Fido and Koodo. How does Virgin compare to those 2?
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Mar 5, 2016
330 posts
251 upvotes
I switched 3 lines from Fido to Virgin last year and switched the 4th one today for this deal ($35 for 10GB).

Service has been pretty good, I live in Alberta.

If you want to switch, wait for deals near black friday with "The Mobile shop" its in superstore. They have points offers which can be applied to actual phone tabs (walmart doesn't allow for that) that reduces either your monthly phone cost or your upfront phone cost. Near black friday you should be able to get a good deal on an Iphone 12.

But if you don't need a phone then this is a pretty good deal, I've seen some other threads about a $45 25gb plan as well but thats YMMV.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1342 posts
1338 upvotes
This is the exact same plan I have when they offered it back in April. Great plan, excellent reception as expected on the Bell network.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1432 posts
1145 upvotes
dealwatcher81 wrote: Can I get this deal at Scarborough town center store being a virgin mobile customer, I am with virgin right now but paying $50 for 10GB and $45 for 2nd line.
You will get this deal only if you are adding a 3rd line and beyond.

Good news is that you are eligible for much better offer. If you have been a Virgin customer for at least 90 days, what you can do instead is switch both lines to Freedom. Within a day or two, they will call you to win you back. That offer is $45 per line for 25 GB on each line. They also give $400 credit on any device. ($400 credit is YMMV - usually if you switch to Freedom, you get it. For other providers, not so much).

Obviously, if you have a tab right now with Virgin, you'll be charged the remainder amount. Even if you accept the winback offer later on.
Oct 12, 2014
53 posts
19 upvotes
theganguly wrote: OP here.

I tried yesterday via chat and they couldn't offer the $10 credit. They offered $5 to bring it down to $45. they were even willing to throw in a one time $50 credit but they couldn't bring the plan price down. I said I might as well take my existing virgin line to Fido since Fido is offering it.

Virgin loyalty called me today as a follow-up and even they couldn't offer this plan.

Then, it struck me. When I called Costco wireless yesterday to ask if they could give Fido plan, they had told me that only Fido corporate owned stores could offer that. So I called the nearest Virgin location (corporate owned i.e. non third party) and they gladly confirmed over phone that they are offering this promo (I did have to go in to activate though).
Ahh alright..appreciate the update! I will go into a store to check out the promos then.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5899 posts
738 upvotes
Markham
StarStrike wrote: Telus if you're looking for 5G service. If you value unlimited international texting and 1000 LD minutes to select countries more, then Fido or Virgin. But remember that in order to get the $45 for 25GB, you have to port to Freedom (I don't believe they'll give you that offer for any other carrier).
I don’t get this - if virgin is on bell network, would it not be 5g also (based on coverage map)

Two other questions:

1. Also is data shareable or no? Assuming no.
2. Can I get more than 1 line at $35/mth?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2580 posts
3644 upvotes
GTA
adeel wrote: I don’t get this - if virgin is on bell network, would it not be 5g also (based on coverage map)
Fido, Koodo and Virgin are all limited to 4G. Only select plans from Rogers, Telus and Bell are 5G.
Carriers can restrict access and speeds, just the same way Public Mobile and Lucky are 4G/LTE, but run at 3Mbps "3G" speeds.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Dexter25 wrote: I switched 3 lines from Fido to Virgin last year and switched the 4th one today for this deal ($35 for 10GB).

Service has been pretty good, I live in Alberta.

If you want to switch, wait for deals near black friday with "The Mobile shop" its in superstore. They have points offers which can be applied to actual phone tabs (walmart doesn't allow for that) that reduces either your monthly phone cost or your upfront phone cost. Near black friday you should be able to get a good deal on an Iphone 12.

But if you don't need a phone then this is a pretty good deal, I've seen some other threads about a $45 25gb plan as well but thats YMMV.
All your lines are in BYOP? What phones are using?
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Apr 4, 2019
246 posts
287 upvotes
tried via chat and went to a virgin kiosk but couldn't get the $40/10GB plan how do I get this?
Aug 22, 2020
122 posts
95 upvotes
Is this $40 including taxes or excluding? Public Mobile plans are inclusive so want to compare apples to apples.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
dealmaster12 wrote: Is this $40 including taxes or excluding? Public Mobile plans are inclusive so want to compare apples to apples.
Tax is extra.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Apr 25, 2007
86 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
karlb wrote: Fido, Koodo and Virgin are all limited to 4G. Only select plans from Rogers, Telus and Bell are 5G.
Carriers can restrict access and speeds, just the same way Public Mobile and Lucky are 4G/LTE, but run at 3Mbps "3G" speeds.
To add to that, no carrier in Canada today actually has "true" 5G.

Rogers, Telus and Bell's "5G" currently operates on low band 5G frequencies which is basically just like adding one more 4G channel to the existing 4G network. Only recently did the 3500 MHz spectrum auction by Government of Canada allow them to start building out the mid band 5G aka sub-6GHz. And we're still ways away from the high band mmWave auction that is the true 5G in metro areas that everyone really talks about with 5 Gb/s speeds and 1 ms latency promises.

~Finally, it's even worst if you've got an iPhone because the latest iPhone 12 models in Canada don't even have the hardware to support mid band 5G. ~

So, in my opinion, it's not worth the money to really care about 5G in Canada today. It's still 6-12 months out for most people.

Edit: I was wrong about the iPhone 12 hardware not having the hardware to support mid band 5G. It looks like it does have n77 (3700 MHz), n78 (3500 MHz) and n79 (4700 MHz) bands: https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/cellular/
Last edited by thecomputer on Sep 16th, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
100 upvotes
dealmaster12 wrote: Is this $40 including taxes or excluding? Public Mobile plans are inclusive so want to compare apples to apples.
You pay tax on Public Mobile plans, I've been with them for years with 2 numbers. I pay $10.00 plus tax for 1 number and $12.00 and tax for the other.
Images
  • PM Pd.jpg
Aug 22, 2020
122 posts
95 upvotes
piperzoe wrote: You pay tax on Public Mobile plans, I've been with them for years with 2 numbers. I pay $10.00 plus tax for 1 number and $12.00 and tax for the other.
Good catch, not sure why I thought it was all-inclusive.
Apr 21, 2012
818 posts
975 upvotes
Ontario
thecomputer wrote: To add to that, no carrier in Canada today actually has "true" 5G.

Rogers, Telus and Bell's "5G" currently operates on low band 5G frequencies which is basically just like adding one more 4G channel to the existing 4G network. Only recently did the 3500 MHz spectrum auction by Government of Canada allow them to start building out the mid band 5G aka sub-6GHz. And we're still ways away from the high band mmWave auction that is the true 5G in metro areas that everyone really talks about with 5 Gb/s speeds and 1 ms latency promises.

Finally, it's even worst if you've got an iPhone because the latest iPhone 12 models in Canada don't even have the hardware to support mid band 5G.

So, in my opinion, it's not worth the money to really care about 5G in Canada today. It's still 6-12 months out for most people.
When you can literally use up your data limit in seconds on 4g... why do we even need 5g?

It's like the screen resolution limit. We're beginning to hit the end of needing technological innovation in some areas.
Apr 16, 2013
763 posts
823 upvotes
Surrey

And who told you this? This is Canada and there is almost no way of not paying taxes in this country. I have yet to see an any Canadian Mobile or internet provider offer a plan or services that includes all the Taxes and Fees.

FYI: in this country you also pay tax on tax Example: Levies, Recycling Fees Etc have Tax on them. Even used items if they are resold you have to pay tax on.
Jul 14, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone who gets 1000 min LD is able to make LD phone right away? I tried to call China, and it wasn’t available on my phone. I dialed *611, and get connected with a rep.

The rep said 1000 LD call is only “when eligible”. She explained that it will available to me only after I pay my bill on time for 6 months, which doesn’t make sense at all.

It does state on the agreement that LD1000 is “when eligible”.
Last edited by OakMan1234 on Aug 27th, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1445 posts
140 upvotes
I signed up with Virgin last week for their $50 10gb plan. Would I be able to call in and get this $10 discount?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3048 posts
744 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan.
No United States? My wife needs to call her uncle once a while, he is old school
Jan 12, 2007
558 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
So.... I signed up online.

Got the contract by email AFTER I signed up and the $10/month discount is missing in the contract.
Guess I'll be wasting more time trying to get this discount which apparently wasn't applied on sign up even though I explicitly asked for it.