Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

1GB Tablet data plan for $5 a month plus Huawei MediaPad T3 10 for $1 on Sweet Pay

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2020 7:14 pm
Dec 23, 2012
152 posts
385 upvotes
Following up. I just called again. They are fixing all orders. Just keep eyes up on your email around this weekend. They will send emails to correct bill to $1. If your bill include $40 activation fee. You need call in to let them remove it right the way (don't believe the story of credit back in next two months).
Nov 18, 2016
231 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently, According to agent on the phone, The sim is locked to the tablet and this is part of the agreement.
I can't find it anywhere on the agreement or during checkout. Isn't this report worthy to CRTC?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
I forgot to ask the agent but is the data capped at 1GB or can it be capped to avoid overage fees?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Jul 6, 2020
2 posts
Nick17 wrote: Apparently, According to agent on the phone, The sim is locked to the tablet and this is part of the agreement.
I can't find it anywhere on the agreement or during checkout. Isn't this report worthy to CRTC?
I've called many different virgin mobile departments about that and it seems like the sim can only be used for this tablet. The reps made it seem like only this tablet has this issue. Please let me know if anyone found a solution :(.
Nov 18, 2016
231 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
jokinghazard wrote: I've called many different virgin mobile departments about that and it seems like the sim can only be used for this tablet. The reps made it seem like only this tablet has this issue. Please let me know if anyone found a solution :(.
I read Somewhere on RFD that some people had luck going in person to store and asking for IMEI to be changed (particularly in Pacific mall in Scarb).
Me personally I am returning it at this point, because of all shady stuff, and worse then freedom mobile CS.
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
squall458 wrote: No. Web orders.
1-855-611-2321
I called them and they said the changes will be made sometime this week. Did they fix it on your end? I am still waiting for the return label, but at this point I just want to return the tablet and forget about this nightmare.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
FlyingSausage wrote: I called them and they said the changes will be made sometime this week. Did they fix it on your end? I am still waiting for the return label, but at this point I just want to return the tablet and forget about this nightmare.
Not yet. Still waiting for their call.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Dec 20, 2018
630 posts
563 upvotes
YQR
Nick17 wrote: I read Somewhere on RFD that some people had luck going in person to store and asking for IMEI to be changed (particularly in Pacific mall in Scarb).
Me personally I am returning it at this point, because of all shady stuff, and worse then freedom mobile CS.
I change my mobile imei to tablet imei
it's working!!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
shopperisbest wrote: I change my mobile imei to tablet imei
it's working!!
How did you do that? Did anyone have this issue fixed yet? Will call in Sunday morning to see whats up.
Dec 20, 2018
630 posts
563 upvotes
YQR
squall458 wrote: How did you do that? Did anyone have this issue fixed yet? Will call in Sunday morning to see whats up.
plenty of tutorials on the internet
if ur phone already rooted, maybe u can do the "soft" change.
I did the hard change,which is a bit risky ...ur phone coounld become a brick

still cant see $5 credit
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
My account got fixed! Its a $5 credit every month to offset it. Got an email and new updated bill in my account. Glad I didnt return it. Call the web number to confirm or have it fixed.
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
shopperisbest wrote: plenty of tutorials on the internet
if ur phone already rooted, maybe u can do the "soft" change.
I did the hard change,which is a bit risky ...ur phone coounld become a brick

Have you tried transferring service to your new imei? I remember seeing that option on their website

still cant see $5 credit
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
shopperisbest wrote: no...just fake huawei imei in my cell phone
get a dual sim phone
1 for calls, 1 for data, works perfect
You could try doing that, although not sure if anyone else has tried it in this forum. I would assume the benefit of doing so is that the device would get blacklisted by virgin mobile and everyone other cellular company in Canada should you lose it
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
has anyone figured out how to use virgin mobile SIM card in another tablet?
Jan 12, 2018
173 posts
92 upvotes
Niagara falls
Just got the second month bill, still charging $10+tax, no credit mentioned too. I never receive their "correction call" either, the cs did credited me the first month and activation fee during the first few days though
Feb 22, 2017
8 posts
same here no credit provided as promised. Called customer service and was totally pointless the reps just keep saying its not true. At this point I have raised a complaint with the CCTS.
Dec 20, 2018
630 posts
563 upvotes
YQR
Guys, the following is the the email I got from virgin last month, hope it helps,better to contact them by 1-855-611-2321 (web order):

A credit of $5 has been applied to your 1st bill and a credit of $5 will appear on all bills going forward to make up for the incorrect tablet device payment amount that was being charged at $5 instead of the $1 you first agreed to when signing up.

Thank you for your patience , while we had this issue fixed.

| Cassie MacPherson | | Virgin Mobile

| direct •1-855-611-2321 | | email • cassie.macpherson@virginmobile.ca or onlineorder@virginmobile.ca
Jun 9, 2006
574 posts
81 upvotes
For anyone wanting to use their sim in their phone, there seems to be a "transfer of service" option under your "My device" menu.
It brings up a page where you can enter a new IMEI.
https://imgur.com/vsbcAaV

I haven't tried it, since I'm happy with keeping the sim in my tablet.
Just thought someone might benefit from trying this option.
If anyone tries it, let us know if it works!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)