Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

$30 for 10gb, $35 for 20gb - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2022 2:15 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2021
141 posts
212 upvotes
Updated..
After 10 months, it's $45 for another 2 months then $60. Now, it looks much better.
So;
1 month....$35
10.. $35
11...$45
12..$45
13.. $60
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
2103 posts
565 upvotes
Toronto
Do you think there will be a better deal for Black Friday?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7960 posts
4708 upvotes
Montreal
EdLeafs wrote: Do you think there will be a better deal for Black Friday?
Who knows ?
I would guess there will be also deals for people looking for new phones , not only bring your own device

Monthly price will be higher though if you need / want a need phone financed.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Dec 7, 2020
584 posts
524 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: Not sure why all the down votes except maybe because this deal is already being discussed in the Fido thread. It only took me around 15 min to make the switch. I have no problem switching again in 10 months
Probably due to poor customer service that Bell and Virgin have. Also fido offer is better than this
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
scorpion85 wrote: Probably due to poor customer service that Bell and Virgin have. Also fido offer is better than this
But then you're dealing with Rogers coverage.
Dec 7, 2020
584 posts
524 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: But then you're dealing with Rogers coverage.
Where I live rogers is a winner. Bell and Telus are not so great
Apr 26, 2003
382 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anybody know if this is available at other locations?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
8044 posts
4944 upvotes
West GTEH!
cashinstinct wrote: Who knows ?
I would guess there will be also deals for people looking for new phones , not only bring your own device

Monthly price will be higher though if you need / want a need phone financed.
Probably for iPhone 14 deals
😎
Dec 15, 2017
621 posts
657 upvotes
Vancouver
scorpion85 wrote: Where I live rogers is a winner. Bell and Telus are not so great
Just curious, where abouts are you?
Currently: Fido Black Friday: 20GB/$30 - LTE
Previously: Telus EPP: 20GB/$50 - 5G
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2013
1028 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
How is virgin network in the GTA?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1831 posts
1846 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Say no to all these terrible deals.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5996 posts
1290 upvotes
Toronto
Beware with virgin mobile

I took a $40/month plan last year with 10GB data.. which should last me 2 years...

And now 10 months into this plan, the plan rate increased to $43

Waiting for black friday to switch as these companies keeps increasing the prices.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
Kayceern wrote: How is virgin network in the GTA?
It's the same as Bell's network.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
scorpion85 wrote: Where I live rogers is a winner. Bell and Telus are not so great
YMMV

Rogers coverage outside of Ontario, QC, and major cities and highways in the other provinces isn't nearly as good as Bell and Telus. My family lives in rural SK, NS, and NL, and I don't have coverage on Rogers when visiting them.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3140 posts
3010 upvotes
Antarctica
Dynatos wrote: YMMV

Rogers coverage outside of Ontario, QC, and major cities and highways in the other provinces isn't nearly as good as Bell and Telus. My family lives in rural SK, NS, and NL, and I don't have coverage on Rogers when visiting them.
I live in Ontario 30 minutes away from Toronto (so in the GTA) and Rogers / Fido service is a couple notches below Telus/Koodo. It was a shocker to me as living in Toronto Rogers/Fido was always great. But now the only thing I regret moving from Koodo to Fido is the network quality. Too bad their winback isn’t matching the Fido 45/25 plan for me :(
Dec 7, 2020
584 posts
524 upvotes

I don’t travel outside Ontario. For me the area I live matters most and rogers is a winner here
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17136 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto

Does your Rogers plan have extended coverage?

Most of Rogers plans qualify for Extended Coverage. Extended Coverage is roaming on Bell and Telus towers.
https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility ... k-coverage

Bell and Telus do not have towers in Saskatchewan. SaskTel shares there towers with both companies

Map of tower locations
https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Wireless Network Sharing, Canadian Style
TELUS and Bell achieve their out-of-region coverage through a reciprocal network sharing agreement referred to as multi-operator core network (MOCN). Basically, both companies share their radio access network but operate their own network cores.

More than just co-locating on the same tower or sharing backhaul facilities, network sharing gives customers of either company access to the same antennas and eNodeB base stations at each cell site in their respective networks.

The two companies share their 3G and 4G RANs in different parts of Canada. TELUS builds cell sites in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, in Windsor, Toronto and Ottawa in Ontario, and in Montréal, Québec City and the Gaspé Peninsula in Québec.

Bell builds out its network from the eastern part of Canada to the midwest except for Saskatchewan, where SaskTel owns the RAN that it shares with both companies. Bell also has some cell sites in British Columbia, mainly in Vancouver.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
Dhanushan wrote: Does your Rogers plan have extended coverage?

Most of Rogers plans qualify for Extended Coverage. Extended Coverage is roaming on Bell and Telus towers.
https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility ... k-coverage

Bell and Telus do not have towers in Saskatchewan. SaskTel shares there towers with both companies

Map of tower locations
https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Wireless Network Sharing, Canadian Style
I don't use Rogers, because when my wife was with chatr a number of years ago she had no service at her in-laws or my parents' house. Her brother was in Rogers in St. John's a few years ago and service outside the city was terrible. I haven't deigned to risk it given the price for Telus or Bell flankers is generally the same as Rogers flankers.

Yes, Bell and Telus use SaskTel towers and RAN in SK, similar to the way Bell and Telus share towers and RAN outside of SK. That partnership is why Bell and Telus (and SaskTel) coverage is generally better than Rogers.