Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

$30/month for 12G, Postpaid SIM card

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2021 10:07 pm
Newbie
Apr 8, 2012
87 posts
31 upvotes
QC + Poutine
Pony128 wrote: It’s a $35/month plan for the first year, but since a friend referred me, I got $5 off for 10 months.
$30 per month is pretty solid deal for me. Plus I could refer more ppl and get $300 credit max. ( not meaning to refer here tho )
Where are you located? also might be interested in a referral if I do the switch.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
52 upvotes
menajen wrote: Where are you located? also might be interested in a referral if I do the switch.
As Iong as I know BC ON QC SK AB all work. And I did it with a sales person in another province.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 4, 2007
2497 posts
1681 upvotes
MiNuNDeCoMpUtEr wrote: I always buy my own devices, I sell the phones Freedom gives me which is a lot more than $50
The other user was laughing at you because you can't compare Freedom to the Big 3 and their subsidiaries. It has nothing to do with savings, but everything to do with coverage.

If Freedom works for you, then good on you, but 90% of people will run into service problems with Freedom.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
569 posts
864 upvotes
Mississauga
whoa-albert wrote: The other user was laughing at you because you can't compare Freedom to the Big 3 and their subsidiaries. It has nothing to do with savings, but everything to do with coverage.

If Freedom works for you, then good on you, but 90% of people will run into service problems with Freedom.
90% is a stretch. Many of my family and friends are totally ok with freedom.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 4, 2007
2497 posts
1681 upvotes
Yeah, you're missing my point that you can't compare. Your family and friends maybe "totally ok" with Freedom but that doesn't mean they haven't run into service problems before.

I also have friends in Toronto and they sometimes don't get service depending where they are.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
52 upvotes
jp149 wrote: how do you get a referral ? whats the price after the first year $50 ?
My friend referred me. I could cancel anytime and port my number to any other carrier. So I have the negotiating power after the 1st year
Sr. Member
Dec 27, 2002
558 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Pony128 wrote: I did it via online chatting with a sales person in another province and saved my gas. So I think it’s a national promo
I just tried online chat they said they can only offer what's listed on the website and not match what's in store.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3766 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
Pony128 wrote: I did it via online chatting with a sales person in another province and saved my gas. So I think it’s a national promo
How did you chat with a sales person? I thought most of the reaps were customer service
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
52 upvotes
undacova wrote: How did you chat with a sales person? I thought most of the reaps were customer service
I did it via whats app since my friend signed his plan with this sales. But it’s because my local virgin store is 1hr drive away. You could call your nearest store and ask them to match the promo
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 4, 2019
719 posts
401 upvotes
ONTARIO
Pony128 wrote: It’s not a locked phone?
They haven't been locking phones for years in Canada.
Newbie
Apr 22, 2021
61 posts
21 upvotes
LaSalle
deviouSx3 wrote: Works in Ontario, got it for my gf last weekend, plus $5 off for both of us for 10 months cause I reffered her.
How much after 10 months?
Newbie
Apr 22, 2021
61 posts
21 upvotes
LaSalle
Pony128 wrote: It’s a $35/month plan for the first year, but since a friend referred me, I got $5 off for 10 months.
$30 per month is pretty solid deal for me. Plus I could refer more ppl and get $300 credit max. ( not meaning to refer here tho )
How much after 10 months?
Newbie
Apr 22, 2021
61 posts
21 upvotes
LaSalle
Pony128 wrote: It’s a $35/month plan for the first year, but since a friend referred me, I got $5 off for 10 months.
$30 per month is pretty solid deal for me. Plus I could refer more ppl and get $300 credit max. ( not meaning to refer here tho )
How much after 10 months?
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
52 upvotes
Mindy2018 wrote: How much after 10 months?
$35/month after the first 10months, and 2nd year $40/month.
But I could cancel anytime so next BlackFriday I believe I could got even better deal
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 5, 2018
656 posts
739 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Yeah, you're missing my point that you can't compare. Your family and friends maybe "totally ok" with Freedom but that doesn't mean they haven't run into service problems before.

I also have friends in Toronto and they sometimes don't get service depending where they are.
If you're using an old phone your signal may struggle too because the hardware, like my nexus 5 vs my pixel 6 pro

I know people with freedom and we have the same problems, which isn't much, like the basement of one random building

90% is definitely a stretch + service in TTC subways

There is a chance that Rogers may take over Freedom, so I'll be holding on this price point while people can go look for new plans every year or 2
Sr. Member
May 29, 2006
537 posts
285 upvotes
Is there a minimum number of time you need to be a virgin customer before referring others? I am signing up tomorrow and immediately want to refer my gf.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
52 upvotes
chrisuoft wrote: Is there a minimum number of time you need to be a virgin customer before referring others? I am signing up tomorrow and immediately want to refer my gf.
My friend referred me and he ported his number from telus, so pretty new account.
The only condition is the ppl you referred have to stay at 30 days for you to get the refer credit.
But still, ask your local virgin store to confirm.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2021
27 posts
14 upvotes
visited this evening and ported 2 lines
original price: 50
line 1:
35 (first year), 40 (second year)
line 2:
30 (first year), 35 (second year)
used referral link, but not sure if its gonna work or not, the sales to me I need to wait for the bill to see if it applied
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
52 upvotes
tcandtc wrote: visited this evening and ported 2 lines
original price: 50
line 1:
35 (first year), 40 (second year)
line 2:
30 (first year), 35 (second year)
used referral link, but not sure if its gonna work or not, the sales to me I need to wait for the bill to see if it applied
Check your email. if you registered thru your friends referral link before you signed your agreement, and follow the email your received from virgin after you signed. it will work.

Top