Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

$30/month for 12G, Postpaid SIM card

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2021 10:07 pm
Apr 27, 2018
189 posts
70 upvotes
Why are people down voting this, is there a cheaper deal out there?

I just looking for a plan with 1-2 gb, currently with public mobile
Aug 24, 2018
625 posts
300 upvotes
Langley BC
Wow !
I am with Virgin. (for a few months)
I have 3GB for $30 and when I asked 3 days ago in the mall and next day on the phone to up my data, I was offered 6GB for $45 that's it. Take it or leave it.
So I decided to switch back to Fido, I just haven't done it yet.
This is how Fido lost me a year ago.
This is a messed up competition.
[OP]
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
52 upvotes
What8ever8left wrote: Wow !
I am with Virgin. (for a few months)
I have 3GB for $30 and when I asked 3 days ago in the mall and next day on the phone to up my data, I was offered 6GB for $45 that's it. Take it or leave it.
So I decided to switch back to Fido, I just haven't done it yet.
This is how Fido lost me a year ago.
This is a messed up competition.

You could still enjoy the offer if change a number and a new SIM card if you don’t care.
Sep 23, 2018
127 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MiNuNDeCoMpUtEr wrote: I am paying $35 11GB with Freedom, plus I get a phone every 2 years contract, virgin if you want a phone you have to pay more monthly =\
Lulzzz.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1187 posts
2125 upvotes
Toronto
MiNuNDeCoMpUtEr wrote: I am paying $35 11GB with Freedom, plus I get a phone every 2 years contract, virgin if you want a phone you have to pay more monthly =\
The two services don't compare when it comes to reception for many. My partner is with freedom and she hates it.
Nov 25, 2021
520 posts
856 upvotes
How does Freedom work if I'm specifically in the GTA? Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, and occasionally Milton. Is the coverage good enough? I don't travel.

There coverage map seems to suggest GTA has very good coverage.
Dec 24, 2010
84 posts
6 upvotes
I am looking to sign up but don't know anyone on Virgin for referral. if someone is interested in referring me, please pm me.
Apr 26, 2019
127 posts
49 upvotes
MiNuNDeCoMpUtEr wrote: There's no such thing as a locked phone in Canada now I believe, if it is you can ask for them to unlock it
Yep: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crtc-w ... -1.4161711
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_Phone_Freedom_Act
https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-televisi ... gfees.html

1 loophole is the phone needs to be on your account under your name, so if you buy one or a family member give you one and it's locked, you can't go and unlock it yourself, you would need to get whoever gave it to you/previous registered owner to go unlock it, or just pay a 3rd party to unlock it for you.
Apr 8, 2012
87 posts
31 upvotes
QC + Poutine
Pony128 wrote: It’s a $35/month plan for the first year, but since a friend referred me, I got $5 off for 10 months.
$30 per month is pretty solid deal for me. Plus I could refer more ppl and get $300 credit max. ( not meaning to refer here tho )
Do you happen to have the promo code for this offer? Chatting with virgin online and they have offered me 10gb for 40$ via e-mail to have me switch over (as I currently have their home internet) but looking for a better deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3766 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
menajen wrote: Do you happen to have the promo code for this offer? Chatting with virgin online and they have offered me 10gb for 40$ via e-mail to have me switch over (as I currently have their home internet) but looking for a better deal.
The op got it from a sales rep who is possibly connected to a virgin kiosk via WhatsApp and not through the virgin online chat.

So I don't think anyone can get it through the virgin online chat support.
Jun 4, 2009
86 posts
18 upvotes
Got it in Oakville for $40, was directed to Square One to get the $35 price. However was offered the 2nd line at $35. Didn't have time either to go to Square One or get the 2nd as was heading up north. Was given a 2nd SIM free to call/online for 2nd line.
The sales rep was great and very forthcoming with what can and cannot do - i think Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Was told that different regions [in GTA] offer different pricing.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2372 posts
999 upvotes
Any others places in GTA offering this tomorrow
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1977 posts
1297 upvotes
Toronto
DrasticPig wrote: How does Freedom work if I'm specifically in the GTA? Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, and occasionally Milton. Is the coverage good enough? I don't travel.

There coverage map seems to suggest GTA has very good coverage.
For some people its great. I had good network in my area but almost zero reception inside home or in the office building. Have to sit near the window or walk out half the time to have clear voice call.

Also, lived in Etobicoke, Brampton and worked in downtown Toronto and ssauga. Weak reception at new job was the final stroke before I switched to zoomer.
Dec 15, 2019
76 posts
14 upvotes
undacova wrote: Are you both on one account or both of you have seperate accounts at $40 per month for 12gb?
Is it possible that two person under the same account if the phones under two different names?
😎
Nov 26, 2019
98 posts
48 upvotes
Pony128 wrote: No fee for esim or SIM card
When I make my plan the staff told me it ends on the 28th. But it seems they extended 1 more day until 29th
do we add the referral before or after? ty
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3766 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
FishingOsprey wrote: Is it possible that two person under the same account if the phones under two different names?
I'm not sure, never tried that.

But check the account and billing, I have two lines but both show my name even though when we set up I used my wife's name. Not sure how virgin works in terms of two lines in the same account

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)