$35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths - Virgin Plus at most of the GTA Virgin Plus Kiosks

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 12:58 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
58 posts
107 upvotes

[Virgin Mobile] [Boxing Day] $35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths - Virgin Plus at most of the GTA Virgin Plus Kiosks

Reminder: to keep this thread open, do not request referrals or state that you have one to give.

Fyi only:

Today, saw the sign board at Virgin Plus kiosk at Fairview mall, Toronto. It stated 12gb plan / $40 per months BYOD for 24 mths. The sign board stated "Pre-Boxing Day Deal"!!!

PS: During BFD, the same deal was little better so, I did not ask for any detail.

If fellow RFDer has already posted this, please delete this post.

Reason for EDIT(s):
- Confirmed that if a new subscriber uses the referral link from an existing virgin plus customer. They both get $5 off/month for 10 months. There are T&C and eligibility criteria for referral link of a existing virgin plus customer... like existing customer must have a valid virgin plus account for more than 30 days along with a confirmation email and referral link received from Virgin Plus.
- I think, the referral limit is for 6 persons only. Therefore, an existing VirginPlus customer can successfully refer to only 6 individuals. If it is more than 6 successful referrals, one does not get $50 credit ($5/mth for 10 mths).
- Fellow RFDer reported that the deal is now available at $35/12GB with free international 1000 min. So, basically it is now same deal as BF Day!!!
Last edited by NewAdam on Dec 26th, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
479 replies
Nov 18, 2010
17 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed, the same deal as BF also available at Yorkdale Virgin Plus.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2895 posts
654 upvotes
s21314 wrote: Confirmed, the same deal as BF also available at Yorkdale Virgin Plus.
you mean the $35 for 12gb and $30 for each additional line? Was there activation fee? Thx
Apr 16, 2009
5 posts
3 upvotes
Saw the same deal at Markville Mall. There is a $50 one-time activation fee, but they will provide a $5 credit for 12 months to offset it making the monthly rate $35 for the first year.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1053 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Does this count towards the $5 credit we get for internet..?
Banned
Feb 3, 2014
232 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, OP! Heading for it! :)

NewAdam wrote: Fyi only:

Today, saw the sign board at Virgin Plus kiosk at Fairview mall, Toronto. It stated 12gb plan / $40 per months BYOD for 24 mths. The sign board stated Pre-Boxing Day Deal!!!

PS: During BFD, the same deal was little better so, I did not ask for any detail.

Jul 2, 2016
621 posts
1542 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote: Does this count towards the $5 credit we get for internet..?
If you have a virgin plan you can find this in your VIP Virgin Plus app offers of your getting tv and internet. Also got a free Google Chromecast. I got this the other day when I signed up.

Also $50 bill credit when you sign up for only internet when you have a Virgin Plus phone line.
Images
  • upload.png
  • upload.png
Jun 26, 2007
599 posts
273 upvotes
Just ported my number to virgin plus for 35 for 12 gb for 10 months and then after 40 for remaining. No contract. BYOD. 1000 long distance mèeting
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2895 posts
654 upvotes
armaan wrote: Just ported my number to virgin plus for 35 for 12 gb for 10 months and then after 40 for remaining. No contract. BYOD. 1000 long distance mèeting
Which location? Thx
Jun 26, 2007
599 posts
273 upvotes
Yorkdale

Brimley city center both
Banned
Feb 3, 2014
232 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
Got one too! Thanks OP!

Today, saw the sign board at Virgin Plus kiosk at Fairview mall, Toronto. It stated 12gb plan / $40 per months BYOD for 24 mths. The sign board stated Pre-Boxing Day Deal!!!

Reason for EDIT(s):
- Confirmed that if a new subscriber uses the referral link from an existing virgin plus customer. They both get $5 off/month for 10 months. There are T&C and eligibility criteria for referral link of a existing virgin plus customer... like existing customer must have a valid virgin plus account for more than 30 days along with a confirmation email and referral link received from Virgin Plus.
- Fellow RFDer reported that the deal is now available at $35/12GB with free international 1000 min. So, basically it is now same deal as BF Day!!!
Reminder: to keep this thread open, do not request referrals or state that you have one to give.
May 1, 2016
107 posts
57 upvotes
Thanks OP! Signed-up for $35/mth for 12gb and, rest is same as other members! Moved from Fido (Good bye Fido!) to Virgin and can't be more happy than this!

It seems, now Canadian Service Providers are at least trying to match prices with service providers of several other asian countries :) (Many Asian countries have no-contract cellphone plan for just $4.00/mth plan with 3GB/day, unlimited minutes and texts with great service)! Love to have Asian Service Providers (including global giant - Vodafone) to enter in Canada (North American) market and make this world a global village :)

Reason for EDIT(s):
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
8038 posts
1502 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is this for all Virgin Plus locations, can anyone confirm? If so going to refer my brother. He's been looking but not sure if the kiosk near him in Hillcrest mall is offering this deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3619 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
Moved over to virgin from Telus on black Friday.
If anyone has questions or concerns, more then happy to help.

Overall service is good, it's not 5g but LTE and H+ in places.

One thing to note is that when you transfer over some of the one time codes might not work right away. Think 2 factor authentication with a text message from your bank etc.

My CIBC auto text started working roughly 10 days after I transfered. So it is something to keep in mind when switching if you need 2fa text authentication then you might have some issues.

Other then that it's been good at a cheaper price.
Oct 15, 2011
64 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I took this deal and used a referral code. I paid $35 for the first month and my next bill is going to be $30 for the next 10 months.
I live in the main city so the service is fine everywhere.

Although I notice that every time I try to make a call all the bars drop and LTE changes to H+ for like 3 seconds and then everything goes back to normal.
This is very annoying, adds a 3-second delay for making any regular calls.
I wonder if it is just me.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3619 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
hassan88 wrote: I took this deal and used a referral code. I paid $35 for the first month and my next bill is going to be $30 for the next 10 months.
I live in the main city so the service is fine everywhere.

Although I notice that every time I try to make a call all the bars drop and LTE changes to H+ for like 3 seconds and then everything goes back to normal.
This is very annoying, adds a 3-second delay for making any regular calls.
I wonder if it is just me.
I get that too, I think it's the mid range carriers that can't do voice over LTE so the connection changes. I used to have the same thing happen with Koodo
Nov 25, 2009
106 posts
71 upvotes
Any success getting this at another location or by calling in? Seems like an amazing deal 12GB at $35 plus $50 referral bonus

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)