Virgin Mobile Boxing Day

$35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths - Virgin Plus at most of the GTA Virgin Plus Kiosks

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2022 6:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5428 posts
1974 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: I got mine switched over from Koodo to Virgin for this deal about 5 days ago. Had it done at Pacific Mall. Store is located right beside Fido on ground floor. lol. The whole process was painless. Took about 5 min - YES, 5 minutes. Of course me jabbering with the agent made it 10 minutes. Didn't even ask for a credit card to run a check. All she asked for was the full name, DL, cell#, and Koodo acct#. Popped the sim into the fone and the service was up and running. Always check the online bill to make sure you got the right services. My first bill was pro-rated becuz the bill cycle was 2 days later. I was charged $3.33 for the pro-ration. I found out it was based on reg. price of $50 and not at the discounted rate of $35. The $50 fee was noted when the rep told me it wouldn't be showing becuz she "put in a code that wud bypass the activation fee from being charged". Well, that failed. Mentioned both to the Virgin call center rep. Without any hesitation he said I give you credit for both right now. So the $53.33 + tx was gone from the balance. Leaves me just the $35 +tax as the first bill. No hassle of waiting for 3 mos for the fee credit. Niccce!

411: Call center rep mentioned he was located in Manila. Said Bell leases a 6-floor office building over there for both Bell and Virgin Mobile. 1 floor for Virgin and the remaining 5 for Bell services. Basically, the same reps who answers Bell cable, internet, home fone inquiries do so for Virgin as well.
LOL, I noticed that too and called Virgin for that $3.33 and was told they can't do anything until the bill is generated.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13609 posts
2977 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Speedy1 wrote: LOL, I noticed that too and called Virgin for that $3.33 and was told they can't do anything until the bill is generated.
Yup, you have to wait for the online bill. Ask them for your bill cycle date. If they can't see the bill they cant make adjustments. As I understand Virgin bill cycle date is activation date + 2 days. The bill is produced following business day. For example, I activated on Dec 17. Bill cycle date is 19th. The online bill was produced on the 20th. Be sure to create your online account at virginplus.ca and download the virgin mobile app.
Last edited by aznnorth on Dec 23rd, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2959 posts
699 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: Interesting. I got my list off their website. I will call them and check when I have time. In rush to make LD calls.

Your list has south korea, japan, malaysia and singapore.
I would give up all those countries just to have USA. But not an option, they want $5 for USA calling.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2299 posts
887 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
How many fellow RFDers got $35 for $12GB for 24 months?
I'm confused as I see this info in the subject of OP, while most reported they got $35 for the 1st year then $40 for the 2nd year.
Mar 11, 2013
76 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Is this for new activation only? I've been with Virgin for years now and I'm paying $55 for 8gb. If I go in, will they be able to just switch me over to this plan?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5428 posts
1974 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: How many fellow RFDers got $35 for $12GB for 24 months?
I'm confused as I see this info in the subject of OP, while most reported they got $35 for the 1st year then $40 for the 2nd year.
For my agreement, it's $50 per month - $10 discount for 24 months - $5 discount for 12 month.

Plus I should get 2-3 referral discounts too at $5 x 10 for each referral.

I am not worried as I will be shopping around for a better deal in 10 (after $5 per month referral ends) to 12 months.

It was so easy to switch so not a big deal plus some have suggested cell phone prices may keep going down.

I was a loyal Koodo customer for 5-6 yrs and I called them during BF sale and this time around for boxing day, and they couldn't even come close to what Virgin (& Fido) are offering.

I also had Koodo discounts which just ended and they wouldn't renew them.
May 28, 2012
11691 posts
4227 upvotes
Saskatoon
Reminder: referral requests and solicitation is not allowed. This thread will be locked and infractions will be handed out if this thread needs further cleanup.
Sep 7, 2018
130 posts
235 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: LOL, I noticed that too and called Virgin for that $3.33 and was told they can't do anything until the bill is generated.

lmaoooo
May 12, 2016
230 posts
423 upvotes
GTA
No luck at Upper Canada Mall (Newmarket, ON)
The guy seemed to be very bored. I showed him RFD topic and asked if he could do $35 for a $40 promo. He said "Is $5 a big deal for you?". Wow! Sales "talent". I smiled and said I will go with Fido. Got $35 at Fido around the corner.
Banned
Feb 3, 2014
232 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't it little offensive and poor sales technique to LOOSE a customer?

I underwent similar kind of experience... Before I respond to it, surprisingly a fellow customer politely responded - If $5/pm is not a big deal, then why can't you waive $5/mth :) You are a big company - take it on you instead of telling this s*** to a customer.

Glad to know that you elected for another service provider!
gardarik wrote: No luck at Upper Canada Mall (Newmarket, ON)
The guy seemed to be very bored. I showed him RFD topic and asked if he could do $35 for a $40 promo. He said "Is $5 a big deal for you?". Wow! Sales "talent". I smiled and said I will go with Fido. Got $35 at Fido around the corner.
Banned
Feb 3, 2014
232 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
The offer is for new activation. However, take a chance and call/visit VirginPlus. You might get it! Good luck!

Also, take a chance to port out and get better winback offer :)
alnewf wrote: Is this for new activation only? I've been with Virgin for years now and I'm paying $55 for 8gb. If I go in, will they be able to just switch me over to this plan?
Banned
Feb 3, 2014
232 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
PaulJ156 wrote: Why don't all the stores have this? Went to a London store and he tried to give me $50 for 1 year then $55 for the 2nd year, LOL.
Yes, completely agree. IMHO, the offer from service provider should be same at least across the province (preferably across the country).
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2610 posts
1576 upvotes
Etobicoke
Wizerman wrote: Yes, completely agree. IMHO, the offer from service provider should be same at least across the province (preferably across the country).
Agree with you. But some agent doesn't know about it or not interested in putting extra effort to learn about that.
Jun 18, 2013
440 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Got the offer at markville mall, ported from Rogers
Dec 13, 2016
601 posts
347 upvotes
GTA
FatSheep wrote: Got the offer at markville mall, ported from Rogers
What's wrong with rogers?
FreedomMobile 30 GB $50 F&F
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11212 posts
1858 upvotes
Guelph
smgksa wrote: What's wrong with rogers?
What isnt wrong with Robbers?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 68-0-0 and counting.
Jun 18, 2013
440 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
smgksa wrote: What's wrong with rogers?
It is easier to get good deal by porting, so gave up taking to Rogers
Oct 23, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
FYI I had no luck with finding this deal last night at Limeridge Mall in Hamilton.

Sales fellow said something about it being a deal they offered on Black Friday for a second line or something, and that the deal they have on right now is 15 gigabytes for $45. I took a pass on that offer.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11212 posts
1858 upvotes
Guelph
yorkdweller wrote: FYI I had no luck with finding this deal last night at Limeridge Mall in Hamilton.

Sales fellow said something about it being a deal they offered on Black Friday for a second line or something, and that the deal they have on right now is 15 gigabytes for $45. I took a pass on that offer.
Go to the source store. Ask for Sam or Hassan or Arif.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 68-0-0 and counting.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5428 posts
1974 upvotes
yorkdweller wrote: FYI I had no luck with finding this deal last night at Limeridge Mall in Hamilton.

Try another Virgin Plus kiosk.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)