Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Boxing Day

$35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths - Virgin Plus at most of the GTA Virgin Plus Kiosks

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2022 7:23 pm
May 29, 2003
58 posts
14 upvotes
headleygrange wrote: Although this is BYOP plan, my online account says the plan is eligible for phone upgrade/ purchase . I didn’t buy anything, but could browse devices and it showed discounts.
My online account said the same, except I went through the actual upgrade steps and it told me that my plan(BYOD 50) didn't qualify. So why is it showing up in my account upgrade??? I imagine some people get on the chat and tell them about it, how it must be possible because it's there in my account, and then may be able to get it done through chat.
Dec 21, 2010
530 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
This BYOD plan $35 year 1 & $40 year 2, for 12 GB … is a monthly plan or contract for 2 years?

Anyone had success in turning this into a plan where they get a new device (partially subsidized).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8126 posts
2081 upvotes
Ottawa
NeedaSuit wrote: This BYOD plan $35 year 1 & $40 year 2, for 12 GB … is a monthly plan or contract for 2 years?

Anyone had success in turning this into a plan where they get a new device (partially subsidized).
Byod = no contract
Aug 10, 2002
476 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
can anyone confirm Erin Mills is still doing this? Also -$5 for a referral is standard a given? I'll have to hit up some virgin friends
Dec 18, 2008
100 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
I just called them and the deal is still available at Erin Mills
DaiLo23 wrote: can anyone confirm Erin Mills is still doing this? Also -$5 for a referral is standard a given? I'll have to hit up some virgin friends
Apr 24, 2015
185 posts
47 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I tried getting this plan via chat online I couldn’t get it. They say they don’t have it in their system but they have $45/12gb if you add second line in existing account though. I went with their $41.25/4GB plan that’s the best they can do. Hopefully they give me loyalty bonus data which will give me 8GB. Good enough I guess…
Dec 9, 2018
63 posts
201 upvotes
DaiLo23 wrote: can anyone confirm Erin Mills is still doing this? Also -$5 for a referral is standard a given? I'll have to hit up some virgin friends
I went in Erin mills today and got the deal. $35/12GB for 12 months and second line $30/12GB FOR 12 months. But I forgot to use the referralLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Aug 7, 2010
318 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
MelodyH92320 wrote: I went in Erin mills today and got the deal. $35/12GB for 12 months and second line $30/12GB FOR 12 months. But I forgot to use the referralLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Thank you for the update.
Can you confirm if the 1,000LD mins add-on is still available?
Dec 9, 2018
63 posts
201 upvotes
Y.M.C.M.B wrote: Thank you for the update.
Can you confirm if the 1,000LD mins add-on is still available?
Yes. I have 1000 LD mins on my contract.
Feb 19, 2005
199 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
This is what you get with this package which is BYOP. If you want a phone the minimum is $50. This is the best deal I have seen for boxing week. Fido is running a similar promotion. Go to malls where there is Fido and Virgin kiosk which improves the chances of the deal. Call before you go to save time.

· Unlimited anytime minutes
· Canada-Wide Calling Included
· Unlimited Worldwide Texts from Can
· Data - 12GB on 4G LTE Network. Note no 5G but not a deal breaker.
· Voicemail 3
· myPeeps - Free calling between account members. It does not apply you get unlimited calling anyway.
· Unlimited Text to Canada & U.S.
· Unlimited Incoming Text
· Call Display
· Call Waiting & 3-Way Calling
. Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging

The standard package is $50 for 12gb. The promotion for boxing week as follows:
. $10x24 Activation Discount. Offer will drop off if customer changes plan. Eligible voice and data plans.
· $5x12 Activation Discount. Offer will drop off if customer changes plan. Eligible voice and data plans.

Speak to the rep to ensure to get the connection charge waived which would be on 1st/2nd bill.

1000 LD mins have to be also added by the rep:
Countries covered are
- Australia
- Bangladesh
- China
- Germany
- Hong Kong
- India
- Italy
- Japan
- Malaysia
- Mexico
- Singapore
- South Korea
- Taiwan
- UK

Also get additional discount by referral of $50 billing credit ($5 for 10 months).
Aug 10, 2002
476 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
thx for the confirmation, I went out to grab this.

weird how the 1000 LD mins doesn't include USA but lots of other countries
Sep 16, 2013
227 posts
468 upvotes
Calgary
For Calgary peeps, Chinook Mall does not have this deal but Market Mall kiosk does. I was the last customer this evening and was able to get it. Guy was unsure if it'll still be around tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3563 posts
646 upvotes
While the $35 deal wasn’t available here I was able to get 15GB for $45 and $40 on the second line, with referral credit to come. Ported from Zoomer which was fine but took a couple of hours instead of what is usually 10-15 mins I think. Referral credit to be added back in 1-2 billing cycles.

So far Virgin service is good from my testing and faster speeds than Zoomer at least where I am. Not that Zoomers speed was an issue.

I was on 5GB FOR $36 on Zoomer and didn’t really want to add cost but had been on occasions running out of data and paying overages, the 30gb I have between the two lines should do better than the 10 I had.
Dec 7, 2003
39 posts
25 upvotes
Just got this at Pacific Centre in Vancouver.

$35/mo for 12-months, $40/mo for 12-months and $50/mo after (though sign at the kiosk just says $40/mo for 24-months). Second line got another $5/mo for 24-months.

They would only waive the $50 connection fee for one of the lines though.

Guy wasn't sure, but today could be the last day to get this offer.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1413 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks!
Got this deal. 12GB for $35/monthly.
$40 after 12 months. $50 after 24 months. New activation. $50 Activation fee waived.
Ottawa Bayshore location.

There are signs for 12GB for $40 new activation, but just asked for the $35 and they had no problem giving it.

Rep mentioned this is likely the last day it can be offered?

Rep also offered unlimited home internet 100Mbps $40/month (50% off). Activation fee waived.
Tempting, since better than what I currently have.
Anyone can comment/recommend virgin home internet?
Last edited by remmuh on Dec 31st, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
737 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
remmuh wrote: Tempting, since better than what I currently have.
Anyone can comment/recommend virgin home internet?
Have had there internet since middle of December and no problems. Switched from Bell to Virgin just to get the better pricing and 100mb is fine for us.
We are on fttn and we were with bell for over a year before that with no problems at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4945 posts
1386 upvotes
Regina
i hope this is avail next black friday
Dec 15, 2019
76 posts
14 upvotes
yyz64 wrote: Have had there internet since middle of December and no problems. Switched from Bell to Virgin just to get the better pricing and 100mb is fine for us.
We are on fttn and we were with bell for over a year before that with no problems at all.
A rep at Virgin Plus Kiosk told me that every device in its internet service household can get speed of 100mb simultaneously. Is this true? If so, say, if I have 10 devices using the internet at the same time, the line connecting my home has to transfer data at speed of 1GB. I really doubt what he told me.
😎
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2171 posts
964 upvotes
London
FishingOsprey wrote: A rep at Virgin Plus Kiosk told me that every device in its internet service household can get speed of 100mb simultaneously. Is this true? If so, say, if I have 10 devices using the internet at the same time, the line connecting my home has to transfer data at speed of 1GB. I really doubt what he told me.
If your limit is 100mbps to your modem, which it probably is, then no, it's not true. Must be a misunderstanding. If virgin provides you 100mbps down and 10 up, that's all you get shared between all devices.
Dec 15, 2019
76 posts
14 upvotes
datako wrote: If your limit is 100mbps to your modem, which it probably is, then no, it's not true. Must be a misunderstanding. If virgin provides you 100mbps down and 10 up, that's all you get shared between all devices.
That is exactly what I thought it should be. The Rep told me this when I asked if 1GB speed available in my home area. It is not available, 100mbps down is the highest speed available to me. I think that is why he told me that. Not a very honest rep.
😎