Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Boxing Day

$35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths - Virgin Plus at most of the GTA Virgin Plus Kiosks

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2022 7:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
9765 posts
2872 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FishingOsprey wrote: A rep at Virgin Plus Kiosk told me that every device in its internet service household can get speed of 100mb simultaneously. Is this true? If so, say, if I have 10 devices using the internet at the same time, the line connecting my home has to transfer data at speed of 1GB. I really doubt what he told me.
It will vary based on how well your router can handle all that traffic. They may not all get 100 mbit on the dot, but may be able to get close to it. Also servers/data transfer pings will affect the max speed.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
736 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
Yes don't trust the reps to know what they are talking about.When I switched from Bell to Virgin I asked if I could self install.Nope totally different the rep said. The Bell tech laughed when he saw what he had to do.Nothing and he was given 2-4 hours to complete the job.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
736 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
FishingOsprey wrote: That is exactly what I thought it should be. The Rep told me this when I asked if 1GB speed available in my home area. It is not available, 100mbps down is the highest speed available to me. I think that is why he told me that. Not a very honest rep.
100mb is the fastest that Virgin can provide.Above that they want you to go to the flagship service Bell .bell can only go over 100mb if you have ftth
Jun 12, 2009
970 posts
380 upvotes
y2dave wrote: Anyone know if Hillcrest doing for 24 month?
Yes. 35/year1 and 40/year2, then 50 thereafter.
I signed up today. Give them a call tomorrow before you depart. The rep said most likely it will run tomorrow as well.
Apr 14, 2006
16 posts
5 upvotes
I just signed up for this plan at the Fairview Mall kiosk. Coming from Koodo. Took about 20 mins.

In case this wasn't obvious to anyone following this thread, this plan is not eligible for subsidized phone upgrades. If you want to finance a phone with Virgin, the $15 discount would drop off. So the plan would then become $50, plus the phone payment.
Mar 21, 2017
26 posts
18 upvotes
Thanks OP for posting. I just signed up for this plan at Erin Mills, so it is still active. ($35/month then $40/month).
May 22, 2011
157 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone else having login issues? I just created my account, but am not able to log in.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3053 posts
744 upvotes
whichseatcanitake wrote: Is anyone else having login issues? I just created my account, but am not able to log in.
Yes, there is thread today on the electronics section, some of us having login issues, no problem using the app
Nov 5, 2021
198 posts
126 upvotes
Is there's a contract of 2yrs with virgin? If we take 35$ plan
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1432 posts
1145 upvotes
III_D wrote: I just signed up for this plan at the Fairview Mall kiosk. Coming from Koodo. Took about 20 mins.

In case this wasn't obvious to anyone following this thread, this plan is not eligible for subsidized phone upgrades. If you want to finance a phone with Virgin, the $15 discount would drop off. So the plan would then become $50, plus the phone payment.
For you and everyone who is switching to this plan:

If you end up needing a phone after the 1st 90 days of activation, just switch to freedom (go with prepaid to avoid credit check).

Virgin will offer 25 GB for $45 with an additional $400 credit for a device purchase on top of any ongoing promotions like in store gift cards.

Your price will go up from 35$ to 45$ for the plan, but device discount will be quite heavy and $45 price is perpetual, while your current $35 price will go up to $45 or $50 after 24 months anyway.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11662 posts
2292 upvotes
Guelph
Nishant872 wrote: Is there's a contract of 2yrs with virgin? If we take 35$ plan
No contract since its BYOD. The discounts last two years. You can port out or leave anytime you like. Remember to grab a referral for an extra $50 credit.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
May 22, 2011
157 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Whoops didn't see that. Thanks for confirming! Yeah same, app works as well for me, but not the site.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3200 posts
1080 upvotes
Scarborough
FishingOsprey wrote: That is exactly what I thought it should be. The Rep told me this when I asked if 1GB speed available in my home area. It is not available, 100mbps down is the highest speed available to me. I think that is why he told me that. Not a very honest rep.
There's a good possibility that he believes what he told you is true....
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1290 posts
357 upvotes
Montreal
$35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths-- also in QC ?
Nov 17, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Sorry if already asked but do any of these kiosks have phone numbers you can call or do you have to go in person for this?
Jul 6, 2009
8 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Confirmed still available at Bayshore Ottawa today.

Rep said he doesn't know how long it'll last.
Apr 26, 2012
23 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Just got 3 lines ported over from Fido. Deal still active at Erin Mills Town Centre. Dealt with Jonny at kiosk on 2nd floor. Super nice guy and answered all of my questions.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3053 posts
744 upvotes
Does anyone know if the data are shareable, same account two lines. I used to have bell before and my lines data are automatically shareable as long as it’s in the same account. Thx
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11662 posts
2292 upvotes
Guelph
rogerrabbit168 wrote: Does anyone know if the data are shareable, same account two lines. I used to have bell before and my lines data are automatically shareable as long as it’s in the same account. Thx
Pretty sure, no.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1184 posts
1758 upvotes
Hamilton
Nishant872 wrote: Is there's a contract of 2yrs with virgin? If we take 35$ plan
Just to add on what's already been said, not only is it not a 2 year contract, phone plan contracts aren't legal in Canada anymore - you can leave your plan any time you want and if you bought a phone through the provider, you simply need to buy the phone at a reasonable price Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)