Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Boxing Day

$35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths - Virgin Plus at most of the GTA Virgin Plus Kiosks

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2022 7:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5498 posts
5146 upvotes
Toronto
Virgin still charges extra for data overages, right?

Not that it really matters nowadays since most are WFH and 12GB is a good chunk, but just wanted to confirm.
Aug 7, 2010
318 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote: Virgin still charges extra for data overages, right?

Not that it really matters nowadays since most are WFH and 12GB is a good chunk, but just wanted to confirm.
i believe you get 2 or 3 text messages sent to you before you hit your cap to warn you

Data use over what is included in your plan is $13/100MB up to 800MB, $0.15/MB thereafter.

*fine print under MORE INFO here (https://www.virginplus.ca/en/plans/post ... P/research)

Androids have setting that can also warn you, and also cut off your data after you reach your threshold
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8124 posts
2080 upvotes
Ottawa
Y.M.C.M.B wrote: i believe you get 2 or 3 text messages sent to you before you hit your cap to warn you

Data use over what is included in your plan is $13/100MB up to 800MB, $0.15/MB thereafter.

*fine print under MORE INFO here (https://www.virginplus.ca/en/plans/post ... P/research)

Androids have setting that can also warn you, and also cut off your data after you reach your threshold
I ended up going over my 10gb limit :(. Getting charged $13 for it. I could put the add on of 1gb/$15 but need to pay for 2 months to negate the data overage charge. I’ll be monitoring data usage more carefully next month.
Nov 18, 2021
11 posts
17 upvotes
MergeAndAcquire wrote: Does anyone know if this promo is still going on?
I called STC virgin and they said they still have it. Imma go get one for myself today
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1050 posts
273 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: I ended up going over my 10gb limit :(. Getting charged $13 for it. I could put the add on of 1gb/$15 but need to pay for 2 months to negate the data overage charge. I’ll be monitoring data usage more carefully next month.
Does VM send you a warning text when you’re at your limit?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1143 posts
339 upvotes
Zenitsux wrote: I called STC virgin and they said they still have it. Imma go get one for myself today
Same $35/12gb right?I will go evening time.if it's available.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1504 posts
222 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: I ended up going over my 10gb limit :(. Getting charged $13 for it. I could put the add on of 1gb/$15 but need to pay for 2 months to negate the data overage charge. I’ll be monitoring data usage more carefully next month.
Actually you can remove the add on right after you add it effective on the start date of the next billing circle.
It was so confused when I try to add the data add on.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1504 posts
222 upvotes
Star* wrote: Actually you can remove the add on right after you add it effective on the start date of the next billing circle.
To add, even after overage’s already happened if you add the data add on within the same billing period the overage charge would be waived.
Nov 18, 2021
11 posts
17 upvotes
frendzpz wrote: Same $35/12gb right?I will go evening time.if it's available.
Hey yea I got it from Woodside square mall. Promo was still going on today
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8124 posts
2080 upvotes
Ottawa
Star* wrote: Actually you can remove the add on right after you add it effective on the start date of the next billing circle.
Wow that is quite the hack, just did it, thanks!
May 6, 2010
185 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't post but I was able to get the plan on Dec 30th.
$35 for 12gb and 1000 LD minutes
$40 for 15gb and 1000 LD minutes

also for 2 phones an additional $5 off. so total comes to $70 plus taxes and all. Not bad considering I was paying $120 for 2 phones with Rogers.
Fido is also offering the same plan as Rogers Called me and couldn't do anything similar and offered me the Fido plan.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8124 posts
2080 upvotes
Ottawa
can you add a line without taking a credit hit? i already have 2 lines with them
Oct 10, 2006
299 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
jeeva86 wrote: can you add a line without taking a credit hit? i already have 2 lines with them
No Credit Check is required if additional line is under the same account.
Mar 5, 2016
331 posts
252 upvotes
Been with virgin mobile for over a year, the service has been good and this plan is great as well.

The loyalty (atleast from my experience) has been great, they have given additional discounts/Data over the past year.

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 4th, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Sep 30, 2021
7 posts
4 upvotes
I wanted to check if the billing is the same for everyone. My bill for December is actually paying for the service in January. I know the first bill can be a bit weird but this is my second bill now.

When I talked to CS they confirmed that this is correct despite being post paid. So each bill cycle I would be paying for any overages for the past month and the service for the next.
I switched from Fido where I paid for the past months service on each bill.
Aug 19, 2013
155 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
nicolechatnoir wrote: I wanted to check if the billing is the same for everyone. My bill for December is actually paying for the service in January. I know the first bill can be a bit weird but this is my second bill now.

When I talked to CS they confirmed that this is correct despite being post paid. So each bill cycle I would be paying for any overages for the past month and the service for the next.
I switched from Fido where I paid for the past months service on each bill.
Yes this is pretty standard with Bell and Virgin
Sep 30, 2021
7 posts
4 upvotes
TooMiiiKaHh wrote: Yes this is pretty standard with Bell and Virgin
Ok good to know! Do you know what this means when it's time to port out? Any tips?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11662 posts
2292 upvotes
Guelph
nicolechatnoir wrote: Ok good to know! Do you know what this means when it's time to port out? Any tips?
You get a refund.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Dec 8, 2013
518 posts
743 upvotes
Question for virgins: do you lose the additional line $5 discount and bonus on a second line when you port out the primary line? Their online terms and conditions say yes, however sales agent at a mobile kiosk said no, you keep it till its original expiry date. Can someone confirm?