Expired Hot Deals

Virgin Mobile Boxing Day

$35 / 12gb BYOD for 24 mths - Virgin Plus at most of the GTA Virgin Plus Kiosks

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2022 6:18 pm
Jun 21, 2012
17 posts
I didnt loose.. I ported my primary line with a new iPhone package.. and then added couple additional lines at 5$ discount..
Aug 7, 2010
316 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I get a sms text message from "44601" everytime a voicemail is left.

Can this be disabled?
Sep 21, 2006
599 posts
213 upvotes
Amherstview
Y.M.C.M.B wrote: I get a sms text message from "44601" everytime a voicemail is left.

Can this be disabled?
If it's the voicemail mms that you are referring to, you can disable it by:

How do I opt in/out?
To opt out of this service, text “STOP” to 44625.
To opt in to this service, text “START” to 44625.

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/support/vo ... ult=failed
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
8437 posts
1869 upvotes
Richmond Hill
When they say you can invite up to 6 friends. Does that mean calendar year like it resets every year after December ends or does the "year" start when you first joined Virgin? For example if you joined in December 1 , does the year reset for you after 31 days? Anyone know the answer to this?
Jun 12, 2009
916 posts
337 upvotes
micron15 wrote: If it's the voicemail mms that you are referring to, you can disable it by:

How do I opt in/out?

No, he meant notifications via sms about a stored voice message.
I get the same notifications and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable it, based on my research. It's part of the carrier system.
Dec 4, 2013
722 posts
309 upvotes
Mississauga
jeffyjaixx wrote: When they say you can invite up to 6 friends. Does that mean calendar year like it resets every year after December ends or does the "year" start when you first joined Virgin? For example if you joined in December 1 , does the year reset for you after 31 days? Anyone know the answer to this?
Calender year. 1 Jan to 31 dec
Jun 28, 2021
30 posts
91 upvotes
I know the best deals seem to be Black Friday, and then Boxing Day. Will deals like this typically pop up again anytime else or do we need to wait all the way until next Black Friday?
Oct 17, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
Hi all. Anyone on Android notice a Bookmark in their BYOD after signing up with Virgin? The Bookmark folder is "Home/Accueil" and the file is "mobilebrowser.bwanet.ca". I've tried to delete this with no success. I have read some online saying it is Adware from Virgin. I have noticed it screws with my recent google searches occasionally, almost like my history was deleted. I will google something else later on and my searches will be shown again. Totally annoying! I have wiped my phone to no avail. I then wiped my phone without the SIM and the folder was gone. After I insert the SIM it reappears. So it looks like it's embedded on the SIM. If anyone knows of a workaround, please help.

TIA
Aug 7, 2010
316 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
micron15 wrote: If it's the voicemail mms that you are referring to, you can disable it by:

How do I opt in/out?

FastFret wrote: No, he meant notifications via sms about a stored voice message.
I get the same notifications and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable it, based on my research. It's part of the carrier system.

phoned into tech support because VOICEMAIL VIA MMS feature wasn't working and getting the SMS notification everytime someone left a message was getting annoying (I assumed issue was related)

2 different agents told me there's an additional charge for this feature so I had to educate them by directing them to the virgin mobile website showing its included for free

Then after confirming I was able to receive MMS properly on the device (get someone to text you a photo) they created a ticket for tier 2 tech support

After about 24 hrs, everything works properly (no more sms msgs, but rather I can listen to VM via MMS)...still have to dial in to delete voicemails though

I guess a workaround would be to just "block" the number that's sending you the SMS notification?
Jan 6, 2007
250 posts
103 upvotes
Expatqca wrote: Hi all. Anyone on Android notice a Bookmark in their BYOD after signing up with Virgin? The Bookmark folder is "Home/Accueil" and the file is "mobilebrowser.bwanet.ca". I've tried to delete this with no success. I have read some online saying it is Adware from Virgin. I have noticed it screws with my recent google searches occasionally, almost like my history was deleted. I will google something else later on and my searches will be shown again. Totally annoying! I have wiped my phone to no avail. I then wiped my phone without the SIM and the folder was gone. After I insert the SIM it reappears. So it looks like it's embedded on the SIM. If anyone knows of a workaround, please help.

TIA
This a default thing with bell/Virgin mobile simcard.
I change home page settings to what I want. Unfortunately it resets everytime simcard is changed.
No solutions.

It happens only with the default browser
Dec 15, 2019
42 posts
12 upvotes
It is said that the Wi-fi calling feature works outside Freedom zone and outside the country altogether, with no additional charge. How about Virgin? My Virgin plan includes 1000 minutes international minutes to a few countries. Can I switch on Wi-fi calling on my phone and make calls to these countries using the 1000 free minutes?
😎
Apr 26, 2020
7 posts
5 upvotes
Any one know what an "escalation offer" is? I have the 12 GB $50 deal with $10 discount from December which I thought was a good deal. Suddenly it is $10 cheaper again with this escalation thing added for 24 months. I am certainly not complaining ( and never have!!) Just wondering what I did to deserve it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5432 posts
1976 upvotes
FishingOsprey wrote: Can I switch on Wi-fi calling on my phone and make calls to these countries using the 1000 free minutes?
I believe wi-fi calling is different than the 1000 free minutes.

All you need with wifi or internet calling is wifi and data.

Wifi calling like calling via facetime, whatsapp, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7164 posts
3334 upvotes
Canuckland
FishingOsprey wrote: It is said that the Wi-fi calling feature works outside Freedom zone and outside the country altogether, with no additional charge. How about Virgin? My Virgin plan includes 1000 minutes international minutes to a few countries. Can I switch on Wi-fi calling on my phone and make calls to these countries using the 1000 free minutes?
Wifi calling only works in Canada
Nov 18, 2013
202 posts
302 upvotes
Calgary
DealCanuck wrote: Wifi calling only works in Canada
I am on freedom and use wifi calling when in Mexico, it is only free if calling you included area (can/us) if you call Mexico you will be charged.