Expired Hot Deals

Virgin Mobile

$40/6GB Plan for Lucky Mobile and Prepaid Virgin Mobile customers

[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 13, 2009
431 posts
295 upvotes
Concrete Jungle

[Virgin Mobile] $40/6GB Plan for Lucky Mobile and Prepaid Virgin Mobile customers

This promo starts February 8th, 2019. Only eligible customers that have been Lucky mobile or Virgin mobile prepaid for at least a month will offered this deal. Applies to "all regions" YMMV.

- $40/6GB
- Unlimited Canada wide minutes
- Unlimited text/picture messaging (US + CAN)
- Unlimited international text from Canada
- VM/CID
- BYOP

Expires on - Until further notice. I will say, the deal is hot but Virgin customer service is sub par, beware!
Images
  • 12.jpg
  • unnamed.jpg
153 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2018
455 posts
424 upvotes
Thanks op I’m going to get this plan in ontario

$40 for 6gb sounds like the perfect amount of data
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
So I guess Koodo's migration plan is in the works.
Koodo might release one just to compete, I hope. I have been on Public Mobile for way too long and have been waiting patiently for Koodo migration plans.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27442 posts
7122 upvotes
Hamilton
BRKAMZN wrote: So I guess Koodo's migration plan is in the works.
Koodo might release one just to compete, I hope. I have been on Public Mobile for way too long and have been waiting patiently for Koodo migration plans.
Let’s hope so
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1110 posts
1039 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote: So I guess Koodo's migration plan is in the works.
Koodo might release one just to compete, I hope. I have been on Public Mobile for way too long and have been waiting patiently for Koodo migration plans.
Let's see but Virgin isn't going after any of Telus' business lines.
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
hvwozq wrote: I have hundreds of Virgin Mobile prepaid accounts activated more than a month ago. Should I sell them? Face With Tears Of Joy
Good idea.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1110 posts
1039 upvotes
How will they determine if you've been with Lucky mobile for at least 30 daya?
Member
User avatar
Mar 14, 2017
200 posts
164 upvotes
Victoria, BC
sparkaction wrote: How will they determine if you've been with Lucky mobile for at least 30 daya?
Lucky and Virgin are both subsidiaries of Bell. They'll probably be able to look up your account details. Same way Koodo can determine which Public numbers have been eligible for migration deals in the past.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1018 posts
323 upvotes
Cambridge
OP, do you know what's going to happen to the 4GB for $40 plan currently being offered to Virgin prepaid numbers? At this time I do see the msg for 4GB plan when I login to my prepaid account.

Also, is the account being at least 1 month old a technical requirement or will it depend on the rep?
Jr. Member
May 13, 2011
140 posts
76 upvotes
Scarborough
Does anyone know if current prepaid Virgin Mobile customers can carry over their existing prepaid balance to pay for this plan?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1697 posts
222 upvotes
I'm with Virgin $45 6 gb right now can i switch to this $40 6gb?
POCO F3 8GB 256GB + Rogers Unlimited talk & text $20 + Fido data 4GB $0.
2 x Telus Peace of Mind each $40/25GB 5G unlimited.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 13, 2009
431 posts
295 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
jansh84 wrote: OP, do you know what's going to happen to the 4GB for $40 plan currently being offered to Virgin prepaid numbers? At this time I do see the msg for 4GB plan when I login to my prepaid account.

Also, is the account being at least 1 month old a technical requirement or will it depend on the rep?
I've read that people have been successful with getting the $40/4gb plan within days of activating the prepaid sim.
I didn't have any luck even though it shows up on my account and tried to escalate it to a manager but they said they were "on a call" and would call me back. Never heard back.

Went into a store but it wasn't showing up on their system so I logged into my account to show the promo message. His assumption was that it had to be 30 days?
I am assuming if you're than 30 days, YMMV.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
6261 posts
2542 upvotes
Canuckland
I got the 40/4GB

maybe someone try their luck
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2017
615 posts
97 upvotes
40$ for 6 gun is amazing thanks op

But what do you mean have to already be a virgin customer? What to do if you want to port your number to virgin? Can you get this deal

What do I need to do to get this deal if I’m with some other provider right now??
Member
Nov 24, 2018
217 posts
306 upvotes
Eaglesfan99 wrote: 40$ for 6 gun is amazing thanks op

But what do you mean have to already be a virgin customer? What to do if you want to port your number to virgin? Can you get this deal

What do I need to do to get this deal if I’m with some other provider right now??
Can't answer your other questions, but some months ago I did the Virgin prepaid to $40/4GB switch. They said if you want to port in you need to pay a $35 fee, basically you no longer get the activation fee waived.

Top