Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

$40/6GB Plan for Lucky Mobile and Prepaid Virgin Mobile customers

Feb 4, 2014
4 posts
ontario
hi just talked to virgin mobile

BYOP 38 Unlimited Canada wide minutes with 7gb data for $38 plus taxes
Last edited by Roxasn on Feb 8th, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1266 posts
642 upvotes
Oakville
Moosen wrote: I called Virgin and the rep had no idea what I was talking about in regard to this 40/6 deal. Has anybody been able to get it? What a frustrating call.
Hang up and call back again. Virgin has sub par csr and it takes a few calls to get a rep who knows what they are doing.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2015
1091 posts
976 upvotes
Toronto, ON
can any virgin mobile pre paid customer including new ones get on this plan?
If my post is helpful don't forget to hit that upvote!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
fuzzydealhunter wrote: can any virgin mobile pre paid customer including new ones get on this plan?
As long as you have been with them for a month or longer.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2015
1091 posts
976 upvotes
Toronto, ON
embguy wrote: As long as you have been with them for a month or longer.
so if i activate a prepaid now...i ll be eligible in a month?
If my post is helpful don't forget to hit that upvote!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
fuzzydealhunter wrote: so if i activate a prepaid now...i ll be eligible in a month?
If the promo last until then OR
But Virgin may use today as the cut-off date for the 1 month eligibility. YMMV
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1393 posts
1496 upvotes
Went back to Telus chat after the 1st rep who did nothing and asked about a normal Virgin plan on the website.....They can't match it but offered me a Family share plan that is not great but better than $140 that my wife and I would be going to shortly.

"Unlimited Canada wide calling + 10GB shared for $125 + tax per month"

So rather than $20 a month jack it's only $5 but sucks as I know a few people that get close to hitting 10gb but I am bending over and taking this as the wife and I don't even hit 3gb between us and $5 a month extra is better than $20.....I guess.

Screw the Big3 Telcoms.
Feb 7, 2019
15 posts
7 upvotes
Tullamore, ON
Anyone able to get this being an existing prepaid customer
Oct 17, 2010
838 posts
592 upvotes
Terrace
MikeB84225 wrote: Went back to Telus chat after the 1st rep who did nothing and asked about a normal Virgin plan on the website.....They can't match it but offered me a Family share plan that is not great but better than $140 that my wife and I would be going to shortly.

"Unlimited Canada wide calling + 10GB shared for $125 + tax per month"

So rather than $20 a month jack it's only $5 but sucks as I know a few people that get close to hitting 10gb but I am bending over and taking this as the wife and I don't even hit 3gb between us and $5 a month extra is better than $20.....I guess.

Screw the Big3 Telcoms.
for $125 per month with 10gb share these days is robbery. It piss me off to see ppl getting ripped off with plans like that.

If you and your wife don't even hit 3 gb I assume full speed data is not even necessary between you 2. Why don't you go with Public Mobile? Same coverage (Telus). There's a promo $10 off for first 6 months just started today.

$38/month(with auto payment) 5gb data each minus the first 6 months $10 off promo = $28.00/month x 2(you and your wife) = $56.00 total for first 6 months and $76.00 after! Much better then paying $125 !!!

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/plans ... MB-3Gspeed
Dec 12, 2010
194 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Roxasn wrote: hi just talked to virgin mobile

How did you get this? What number did you call, and what did you say?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1393 posts
1496 upvotes
Tobsterboi wrote: for $125 per month with 10gb share these days is robbery. It piss me off to see ppl getting ripped off with plans like that.

If you and your wife don't even hit 3 gb I assume full speed data is not even necessary between you 2. Why don't you go with Public Mobile? Same coverage (Telus). There's a promo $10 off for first 6 months just started today.

$38/month(with auto payment) 5gb data each minus the first 6 months $10 off promo = $28.00/month x 2(you and your wife) = $56.00 total for first 6 months and $76.00 after! Much better then paying $125 !!!

Yeah its like rather than $20 more + tax I am paying $5 more but have a worse plan....still MTM so can leave just jumped in before the price jump.

Considered Public Mobile (the 2gb plan) so $50 a month (90days) but I play online games and notice the slow speed so 3g might not be ideal. I am on wifi 90% of the time but I enjoy the speed over the large data cap when I use data.

Koodo looks decent with their $53/3GB plan but have heard good and bad things with Public Mobile, have some looking around to do.
Oct 17, 2010
838 posts
592 upvotes
Terrace
MikeB84225 wrote: Yeah its like rather than $20 more + tax I am paying $5 more but have a worse plan....still MTM so can leave just jumped in before the price jump.

Considered Public Mobile (the 2gb plan) so $50 a month (90days) but I play online games and notice the slow speed so 3g might not be ideal. I am on wifi 90% of the time but I enjoy the speed over the large data cap when I use data.

Koodo looks decent with their $53/3GB plan but have heard good and bad things with Public Mobile, have some looking around to do.
I don't know what games you play or what are you speed requirement. You can always just get a new account try it out for a few days before you decide to see if this is what you want. If so then port your number over. Public Mobile is still LTE but capped at 3mbs so latency is not an issue that's what i find.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2097 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
Kab wrote: How did you get this? What number did you call, and what did you say?

Yes more context please.
@Roxasn - Were you on a prepaid plan for 1 month+?
Is this a plan related to this promotion or something entirely different?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
MadCatz wrote: Virgin = Bell
It's not a matter of if they will increase the price, just when. For now this is a good enough price point for 6GB, get on with it then worry about negotiating after an increase. Good luck.
I have been on the Thunder Bay 6GB for $50 for like 6 yrs or whenever it came out and have never seen a price increase yet "knock on wood"
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
Tobsterboi wrote: for $125 per month with 10gb share these days is robbery. It piss me off to see ppl getting ripped off with plans like that.

Why do you suggest those 3G plans while they have 4G plans.

Why do RFD people peddle those ridiculous PM 3G plans? $38 for 5GB 3G is acceptable? Ha!

It just allow the telcos to increase 4G plans prices as the lower end is catered with 3G. Ideally everyone should not accept 3G and they would have to offer cheaper 4G plans then.
It is certain that the CRTC is complicit with the telcos to allow them to offer 3G plans instead of 4G. Besides why would poor people have to go with 3G instead of 4G (see article below)?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/low-co ... -1.4949421
Oct 17, 2010
838 posts
592 upvotes
Terrace
andreid wrote: Why do you suggest those 3G plans while they have 4G plans.

Why do RFD people peddle those ridiculous PM 3G plans? $38 for 5GB 3G is acceptable? Ha!

It just allow the telcos to increase 4G plans prices as the lower end is catered with 3G. Ideally everyone should not accept 3G and they would have to offer cheaper 4G plans then.
It is certain that the CRTC is complicit with the telcos to allow them to offer 3G plans instead of 4G. Besides why would poor people have to go with 3G instead of 4G (see article below)?

I absolutely agree with you and on your side. At present time, do you have a better solution for the poor couple currently being charged $125 for 10gb shared?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
andreid wrote: Why do you suggest those 3G plans while they have 4G plans.

When you learn how to read and do your own research and realize public mobile is 4G, man all the things you will be able to learn in this world...
Dec 27, 2011
59 posts
41 upvotes
Cole Harbour
Nexzen wrote: When you learn how to read and do your own research and realize public mobile is 4G, man all the things you will be able to learn in this world...
Instead of being rude about it you could share some information.

Anyways, Public Mobiles 3G packages are actually 4G that’s being throttled down. Some people have reported that when they turn off LTE they get proper 3G that’s potentially faster than their throttled down LTE version.

Good luck.
Dec 27, 2011
59 posts
41 upvotes
Cole Harbour
Due to this thread I called up Koodo last night for my wife’s plan to see if they could compete. I told them about the RFD thread and that some are having luck and some are not but that I’d be switching my wife if Virgin could give me a better deal. At the end of the call they couldn’t match the Virgin deal but they dropped her bill price down to $45/month for 5GB (1GB is a bonus which expires after two years) and unlimited calling. At the end of the day it’s a cheaper monthly bill.
Images
  • 8FF0D895-AE8E-49FA-96F6-148555C4E6D6.png
Last edited by MacGeek83 on Feb 9th, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
Roxasn wrote: hi just talked to virgin mobile

Screenshot

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)