Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] $40/6GB Plan for Lucky Mobile and Prepaid Virgin Mobile customers

Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18294 posts
6386 upvotes
Toronto
TheNightOwl wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:19 pm
I think Australia is a great comparison -- similar population density, similar dollar value, etc.

Telstra over there offers:

• 30 GB for $49/mth (Unlimited national talk & text),
• 60 GB for $59/mth (Unlimited national talk & text. Unlimited international talk & text to 15 selected countries.)
It is all about competition or lack of it in this country. Never mind data cost, we still have carriers offering calling plans with features like local calling or province wide calling only.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 17, 2014
218 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If I get a virgin prepaid and then move to postpaid, will I be able to port in another number to replace the new number with virgin ?
Koodo
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1809 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:53 am
It is all about competition or lack of it in this country. Never mind data cost, we still have carriers offering calling plans with features like local calling or province wide calling only.

Having just been in Australia, I agree with the original post this ^^ one is referring to. I got a 20 GB, 30 day prepaid sim plan for $25 (regular price $40) but I bought from one of the main network providers... had I gone to a reseller like Amaysim, probably could've gotten it cheaper.

And Australia is similar to Canada with having just 3 main networks that then have resellers on them: Optus, Telstra and Vodafone. Similar to us. It's quite annoying how cheap cellphone service was there compared to here and it made no sense to pay for roaming when I could just buy a prepaid sim card for peanuts.

Ugh. :|
Jul 27, 2003
244 posts
5 upvotes
Niagara Falls
expiry is it really unknown? At least ball park like one or 2 wks? I just want to optimize my switching date. I believe my renewal or withdraw date is 22nd.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18294 posts
6386 upvotes
Toronto
rockthecasbah wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 2:12 pm
Having just been in Australia, I agree with the original post this ^^ one is referring to. I got a 20 GB, 30 day prepaid sim plan for $25 (regular price $40) but I bought from one of the main network providers... had I gone to a reseller like Amaysim, probably could've gotten it cheaper.

And Australia is similar to Canada with having just 3 main networks that then have resellers on them: Optus, Telstra and Vodafone. Similar to us. It's quite annoying how cheap cellphone service was there compared to here and it made no sense to pay for roaming when I could just buy a prepaid sim card for peanuts.

Ugh. :|
We have 2.5 real carriers in Canada. Bell and Telus are so much in bed that it is hard to differentiate them as two truly independent brands. Any time that one carrier decides to do something, there is full consultation with the other to make sure nobody is caught off guard. Notice how when one carrier announced the price increase on the $60/10GB plan, the other carriers were quick to offer a price increase as well.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Jun 21, 2018
1 posts
So just to confirm, I switch to this tomorrow. What are the chances in 4 months they say sorry the $40/6GB is now $55/6GB?
BITW
Jul 22, 2014
605 posts
1016 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Anyone else who was Virgin prepaid successfully transfer to this plan?
Dec 6, 2012
223 posts
78 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
Suthek wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 7:00 pm
... Have you been to Europe? Again very high population density.
And don't bring up the reason? ...What?
You'd rather it be a conspiracy... Ok then.
In the UK for example, there are so many MVNO who use others major cellphone providers infrastructure to provide cheap and reliable cellphone plans across the UK.

In Canada, Rogers, Bell or Telus would not allow MNVO's to use their networks at a cheap cost. That is why we need government to force them.
Mar 4, 2004
27 posts
3 upvotes
Has anyone successfully transferred to the unlimited $30 T&T/2gb plan? I am a prepaid Virgin client for years but called a couple of times and the CSR said the only plan available was the $40/Unlimited T&T 4gb plan. I would only use a smaller amounts of data a month.
Jan 31, 2007
390 posts
196 upvotes
Yes. Did this for a different virgin plan.
timbertick wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:30 pm
If I get a virgin prepaid and then move to postpaid, will I be able to port in another number to replace the new number with virgin ?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2135 posts
2186 upvotes
vtechon wrote: Has anyone successfully transferred to the unlimited $30 T&T/2gb plan? I am a prepaid Virgin client for years but called a couple of times and the CSR said the only plan available was the $40/Unlimited T&T 4gb plan. I would only use a smaller amounts of data a month.
I checked like 8 different virgin accounts and not a single one of those numbers populated any migration plans. Only Lucky numbers are showing the plans
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Feb 7, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Was able to get the $40 deal at Wal-Mart. Took them a while to find the deal as they didn't listen to me at first when I said they had to put in my Lucky Mobile number.
Dec 15, 2009
284 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
Just received email my $45 6gb BYOD plan price will be increase in April for $5