Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] $40/6GB Plan for Lucky Mobile and Prepaid Virgin Mobile customers

Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5223 posts
2981 upvotes
lighter786 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 5:42 pm
Let’s start emailing the CEOs of these companies directly with our dislike of these price increases.

All of them TELUS, Bell, and Rogers.

I know the president’s office normally doesn’t like hearing complaints and follow up.

Maybe we can turn this around.... if not at least make it difficult for the CEOs to ignore!

TELUS’ CEO’s email: darren.entwistle@telus.com
Do you really think Darren Entwistle, who said: there are “more competitors in the wireless industry in Canada than just about any country in the world,” “I would say the competitive intensity is not just healthy, it’s bordering on the irrational,” gives a single **** about your complaint? They’re delusional.
Jan 13, 2009
329 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 1:34 pm

In all seriousness though, do these emails ever truly make it to the CEO? I'm guessing some exec assistant manages email and mass deletes this stuff. In my (mgmt bloated) company, all the way down to Director level has admins for managing email! That's like 4 levels below: CEO >> VP >> GM >>> Director.

Seems like the only way to get anything changed now is massive social media/newsmedia pressure since the companies def don't care and the CRTC is neutered to Dog Heaven and back.

I was thinking of hopping around to Virgin/Lucky, but Koodo hasn't changed any of the various plans our house has had yet (some old Koodo plans, new Koodo plans, PM migration plans) so Devil you know and all that, I suppose...

I got a phone call within 24 hours of emailing Darren. I got a bit of an offer that was in addition to what LNR offered but I left.
Last edited by lighter786 on Feb 25th, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2009
329 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hvwozq wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 1:43 pm
Do you really think Darren Entwistle, who said: there are “more competitors in the wireless industry in Canada than just about any country in the world,” “I would say the competitive intensity is not just healthy, it’s bordering on the irrational,” gives a single **** about your complaint? They’re delusional.
Yup as mentioned before I got a call within 24 hours. Try it!
Jan 19, 2018
29 posts
7 upvotes
So it looks like 45$/6gb is the new offer for virgin prepaid migration with 2 year contract and free Samsung a8, I’m an existing VM postpaid subscriber, I wonder if its worth it to activate a prepaid, subscriber l to this plan, port out my VM postpaid to lucky, then port out from lucky back to this VM plan, quite a workaround but it looks like they are not offering to existing subscribers
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18294 posts
6386 upvotes
Toronto
natstuff wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 3:30 pm
So it looks like 45$/6gb is the new offer for virgin prepaid migration with 2 year contract and free Samsung a8, I’m an existing VM postpaid subscriber, I wonder if its worth it to activate a prepaid, subscriber l to this plan, port out my VM postpaid to lucky, then port out from lucky back to this VM plan, quite a workaround but it looks like they are not offering to existing subscribers
With all the price increases happening on other rate plans, it looks like $45 is the new $40 unfortunately.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Mar 21, 2015
14 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Samsung A8 (2018) is a great phone. Sells for $519.99+tax at Samsung store.

I just bought it for myself because it's a strong mid-range phone with fingerprint reader, crisp display, and good battery life.

I paid $350 on LetGo from someone that received it free from their mobile provider and never used it, new in box.
Jan 19, 2018
29 posts
7 upvotes
I ended up getting the 45$ / 2gb gold plan and paid 320$ for an iPhone XR (lucky mobile to virgin postpaid migration)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8142 posts
3223 upvotes
Markham
hvwozq wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 1:43 pm
They're not delusional, they know exactly what they said. CEOs work for shareholder investments, of course they will say "we're not making enough profit".
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
312 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 8:48 pm
I have been on the Thunder Bay 6GB for $50 for like 6 yrs or whenever it came out and have never seen a price increase yet "knock on wood"
Don't hold your breath. I had same TB plan but Bell increased $5 this month hence I jumped the ship to Public Mobile $38/5GB plan.
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3239 posts
339 upvotes
Kingston
bose wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 6:03 pm
Don't hold your breath. I had same TB plan but Bell increased $5 this month hence I jumped the ship to Public Mobile $38/5GB plan.
Ya they raised mine by $3 last month. Too bad Public Mobile/Freedom doesn't work for me as I need a nation-wide network. Definitely gonna be looking though if/when they raise the price again
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
312 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 8:09 pm
Ya they raised mine by $3 last month. Too bad Public Mobile/Freedom doesn't work for me as I need a nation-wide network. Definitely gonna be looking though if/when they raise the price again
Public Mobile is Telus hence nation-wide network. It is very different than Freedom.
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3239 posts
339 upvotes
Kingston
bose wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 8:15 pm
Public Mobile is Telus hence nation-wide network. It is very different than Freedom.
Ya but isn't Public a lot like Chatr from Rogers and only competes in the same Home markets as Freedom? I am a truck driver, so a service like Freedom with Home and Away plans simply won't work. I need a plan that regardless of whether I am (including Quebec) that I can use anywhere and not get dinged with roaming charges like Freedom does once you go over your Away limit.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1957 posts
1036 upvotes
Etobicoke
kcorscadden wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 8:21 pm
Ya but isn't Public a lot like Chatr from Rogers and only competes in the same Home markets as Freedom? I am a truck driver, so a service like Freedom with Home and Away plans simply won't work. I need a plan that regardless of whether I am (including Quebec) that I can use anywhere and not get dinged with roaming charges like Freedom does once you go over your Away limit.
Public mobile doesnt have home and away restrictions like freedom.

You can use it from anywhere in Canada and its included in your (unlimited canadawide) plan
Last edited by specialoffers on Apr 8th, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
312 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 8:21 pm
Public Mobile doesn't have Home/Away. You will get Canada wide calling without any long distance charges as long as you are calling from/to Canada. The only difference between your Bell TB plan is data speed (LTE vs throttled 3G) and $17 saving per month.
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎