• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 1:19 pm
[OP]
Jan 29, 2019
5 posts
32 upvotes

[Virgin Mobile] 4GB - Unlimited Canada Wide - $40 - BYOD - in NL - YMMV

Hi guys,
This is my first post, so I hope I am doing it right.
I just got this amazing deal (for the province of NL) yesterday when contacting the loyalty department:

My plan
BYOP 40 - 4GB$40.00/mo per month

BYOP Smartphone Data - 4 GB
Call Display
Can-US/International Text
myPeeps (vm.ca/mypeeps)
Standard LD Rate (to U.S. & CAN)
Unlimited anytime minutes
Unltd Picture & Video Messaging
Canada-Wide Calling
Unlimited Incoming Text
Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling.
Additional Data - $10/100MB.
Additional Minutes - 60¢/min.
Good to know: All features in your plan are valid only when used within Canada.

I have 4 lines on my account all of them BYOD with no contract. I ask if they could match the KOODO -$10 a month on new activations (3gb for $43 ($53-$10)). The loyalty department then offered me this plan.

I was on $45 for 2gb before that.
Thread Summary
The deal is also available in stores only for new activations on Virgin Kiosks YMMV

fido-virgin-koodo-lunar-new-year-promo- ... b-2261314/

The deal is a migration only plan which requires you to have a prepaid account with Virgin( pay as you go or monthly). Then you’ll see the deal upon logging in to your account, which needs to be requested through a virgin Kiosks or calling in to their sales department

A lot of agents will insist this deal doesn't exist. Either call again till you get somehow actually knows about it (or is willing to admit it exists) or activate a prepaid account regardless, and find it offered to you immediately as soon as you login.

DO NOT call their 1-888-999-2321 number, most of the people from this department do not know about this plan and will vehemently insist you're wrong if you say otherwise.
The agents from their 1-855-238-6847 number are more likely to help you as most of them are actually aware of this plan.

If you activate a prepaid plan you will either need to wait 1 month for this plan, or a NEW sim card to skip the 1 month wait. At Least that's what I was told, but I turned out not to need the new sim even though I was told I would.

PS Buy sims cheap online, they're only a dollar on ebay (ask for the sim number if shipping is long so you can activate your plan while you wait if you want), and two bucks on amazon if you want prime next day shipping. Dont shell out $10.
179 replies
Oct 17, 2010
533 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
This is the same deal from BlackFriday few years ago. Still no current plan can come close to this one. Good job OP! =)
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Virgin Mobile $40 6gb S8+
Public Mobile $38 5gb iPhone 8+
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2540 posts
2953 upvotes
For those who don’t already have Virgin, If you open a new prepaid account and login, you should see this plan being offered to you right away. Created 3 prepaid accounts in AB and all had the same result.

Fido/Rogers also have a similar plan for customers migrating from Chatr. ($45 4GB)
Last edited by NavieM on Jan 30th, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
May 10, 2010
259 posts
410 upvotes
London
Does anyone know if you can add this to an account and get 10% off the 2nd line?
Mar 14, 2018
259 posts
155 upvotes
You can get 6GB for $49 Quebec plan, it's really not that hard. Plus think of all the potential credit/deals you can get in the future.
Dec 7, 2013
42 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary
NavieM wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 1:32 pm
For those who don’t already have Virgin, If you open a new prepaid account and login, you should see this plan being offered to you right away. Created 3 prepaid accounts in AB and all had the same result.
Do you have to set up an account first and is it permanent? I have a Virgin account but im getting shafted as I pay $34 with no data and 200 minutes. I would love to have this plan but don't see it. Im Alberta as well. May call retention abd port my number if they can't do anything for me.
Jan 20, 2017
100 posts
42 upvotes
Thanks OP. They wouldn't offer it to me in Ontario. Said it was person specific. But they did offer me 6GB\$55 month and everything else was the same of what you were offered. I was already on the 55 BYOD with 3 GB plan and never come close to that limit as I'm usually within wifi range but the free boost to 6GB was still appreciated for doing nothing more than using their online chat.
Last edited by LooseMovements on Jan 30th, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Bum_Gravey. Not sure why I can't log in to that account anymore...
Sep 3, 2018
46 posts
41 upvotes
How do I create a prepaid Virgin account if I want to change from Fido to this? I’m in Vancouver, BC.

I was on live chat to try to create a prepaid account, however, he said that there was 4GB for $40. How do I create a prepaid account and get that deal? Does it switch over immediately?
Dec 12, 2010
147 posts
67 upvotes
Tobsterboi wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 12:40 pm
This is the same deal from BlackFriday few years ago. Still no current plan can come close to this one. Good job OP! =)
I scored this deal back then.. Nov 2016, but they bumped the price last year (March) from $40 to $45.. I will give them a call and see if I can get it back down.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4899 posts
1642 upvotes
Canuckland
Boondoggler wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 2:37 pm
You can get 6GB for $49 Quebec plan, it's really not that hard. Plus think of all the potential credit/deals you can get in the future.
They are cracking down on that :/

It’s 8gb btw
Jul 22, 2014
783 posts
1726 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DealCanuck wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 6:24 pm
They are cracking down on that :/

It’s 8gb btw
And you pay tax from that province. Not great for people in Alberta.
Apr 28, 2010
145 posts
131 upvotes
vancouver
How is Virgin Mobile in BC? Especially in GVRD?
Correct me if I am wrong......I am guessing their reception and LTE speed should be top-notch because they are essentially Bell?

I always get spotty data signal when Canada Line train is underground (Using Fido right now).

Cheers