Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile $5 Flex tablet data plan - Unlimited data for 2 months + $50 giftcard

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2015 1:56 am
Tags:
None
Oct 22, 2012
85 posts
14 upvotes
Wisterng wrote: Well the rep at Eaton Centre was the one who told me that it was no overage fees..LOL well I was dealing with the manager anyways... but they have no clue about how to do the referral and I called in and got the CSR to walk them through how to do the referral.
Actually Virgin mobile should give their Employee SOME REALLY GOOD TRAINING ... before they go on floor and talk to customer either over the phone or directly in the store.
Jan 19, 2006
296 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone using this plan confirm how the first 2 months works? $5 for unlimited or just don't need to pay extra when passing 5GB. I am 10 days into the plan and my usage is ~200MB.
Aug 16, 2004
592 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
summerdream wrote: Can anyone using this plan confirm how the first 2 months works? $5 for unlimited or just don't need to pay extra when passing 5GB. I am 10 days into the plan and my usage is ~200MB.
"Try out this plan for 2 months with no overage charges. Offer ends Dec. 2, 2012." Source: Link

That's what is posted on their website. I think the language is simple enough that there's no room for misinterpretation.
Nov 6, 2011
508 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga
SubXO wrote: "Try out this plan for 2 months with no overage charges. Offer ends Dec. 2, 2012." Source: Link

That's what is posted on their website. I think the language is simple enough that there's no room for misinterpretation.
Actually, it may be interpreted as no overage charges over the first tier or over 5GB. It's not specific enough.
Jan 19, 2006
296 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Now that I looked at the fine print, it seems no overage for >5GB. However, when I signed up I was told by Virgin CSR it will be flat fee $5 for first two months no matter how much data used. Guess I need to call Virgin tonight.
SubXO wrote: "Try out this plan for 2 months with no overage charges. Offer ends Dec. 2, 2012." Source: Link

Aug 16, 2004
592 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
thejohnhuynh wrote: Actually, it may be interpreted as no overage charges over the first tier or over 5GB. It's not specific enough.
....seriously? If you click on "More info" it says the following:

$5 for up to 10MB of data use
$15 for up to 250MB of data use
$35 for up to 5GB of data use

Any overages in data usage beyond 5GB will be charged at $1.50/MB

In the explanation, the only time they mention overage is if you've gone past 5GB of data. The promotion states that you won't be charge for overage, which normally is charged once you've surpassed 5GB of data use, so....go nuts with your data use for the two months. I guess you're looking for them to say, "Try out this plan for 2 months with no overage charges when you use more than 5GB/month on this plan"...which is an invite for network/promotion abuse.
Jan 6, 2007
310 posts
20 upvotes
basically this offer is like getting 40$ to have unlimited data for 2 months ! Woot
Oct 22, 2012
85 posts
14 upvotes
summerdream wrote: Can anyone using this plan confirm how the first 2 months works? $5 for unlimited or just don't need to pay extra when passing 5GB. I am 10 days into the plan and my usage is ~200MB.
log in to your online account and see your plan and feature and there you will see under promotion, unlimited data for first 2 months and it will also show you the expire date of your unlimited plan
Sep 8, 2012
23 posts
2 upvotes
SubXO wrote: ....seriously? If you click on "More info" it says the following:

$5 for up to 10MB of data use
$15 for up to 250MB of data use
$35 for up to 5GB of data use

Any overages in data usage beyond 5GB will be charged at $1.50/MB

In the explanation, the only time they mention overage is if you've gone past 5GB of data. The promotion states that you won't be charge for overage, which normally is charged once you've surpassed 5GB of data use, so....go nuts with your data use for the two months. I guess you're looking for them to say, "Try out this plan for 2 months with no overage charges when you use more than 5GB/month on this plan"...which is an invite for network/promotion abuse.

This is exactly what I thought as well, but it seems that even the Virgin Mobile Canada team is confused about this. Some reps have emailed me saying it's in excess of the 5GB that isn't charged, while others have said that it's $5 unlimited.

All I can say is that if you want to try this out, to be safe, you should have the reps add a note on your account to charge you only the $5 + tax per month during the promotion period in the event that you're billed more than that. You might be able to get them to do it over the phone, but get it by email if you can so you have something in writing. The reps I communicated with were really nice about it. Almost hard to believe their parent company is Bell.
Dec 30, 2006
191 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone PM me a referral code? TIA
Aug 16, 2004
592 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
joya88 wrote: This is exactly what I thought as well, but it seems that even the Virgin Mobile Canada team is confused about this. Some reps have emailed me saying it's in excess of the 5GB that isn't charged, while others have said that it's $5 unlimited.

All I can say is that if you want to try this out, to be safe, you should have the reps add a note on your account to charge you only the $5 + tax per month during the promotion period in the event that you're billed more than that. You might be able to get them to do it over the phone, but get it by email if you can so you have something in writing. The reps I communicated with were really nice about it. Almost hard to believe their parent company is Bell.
Last month, I used 300MB and paid $5+tax. This month, I'm using about 900MB and I'm expecting my bill to be $5+tax again.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4072 posts
4120 upvotes
Montreal
Well, if you click on the "More Info". You will see they mention the overage for the whole Flexi-data tier... I mean many overage tiers...
NOT SURE HOW MUCH DATA YOU'LL NEED?

Protect yourself from overages with Flexi-Data.
http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/pla ... e_gomobile

You can interpret like this...

Minimum you have to pay $5 for use up to 10MB...

Pay another $10 for overage data from 11MB to 250MB
Pay another $20 for overage data from 251MB to 5GB
Pay 1.5 cent / MB for overage data over 5GB

No overage fee for 2 months = $5/month for two months...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7909 posts
3520 upvotes
Anyone received an email regarding their gift card yet?
Aug 16, 2004
592 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
LNahid2000 wrote: Anyone received an email regarding their gift card yet?
No... I was wondering the same.
Oct 1, 2003
792 posts
612 upvotes
Vancouver
LNahid2000 wrote: Anyone received an email regarding their gift card yet?
I haven't, but only signed up on Oct 15th.
Jan 19, 2006
296 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody has problem using this on a phone? My data plan stopped working on my Galaxy SII after only 10 days of use, reason being I used this on a phone instead of a tablet. Guess it is time to cancel.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4072 posts
4120 upvotes
Montreal
summerdream wrote: Anybody has problem using this on a phone? My data plan stopped working on my Galaxy SII after only 10 days of use, reason being I used this on a phone instead of a tablet. Guess it is time to cancel.
I still use this plan on my Galaxy S3.

You better check if your APN pda.bell.ca has correct settings

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartph ... PA_network

Otherwise try to reset the network settings and reboot/insert the SIM card again so it will get the pda.bell.ca APN
How To Reset Network Settings on Samsung Galaxy S2

1. Tap Menu
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Wirless and Network
4. Tap Mobile Networks
5. Tap Access Point Names
6. Tap Menu
7. Tap Reset To Default
8. Tap Home to exit
Jun 21, 2011
292 posts
25 upvotes
about referral:

Make Sure They hooked up on the Virgin Mobile SuperTab™, 3 year or 30 Day agreement either online at virginmobile.ca or at a Virgin Mobile store.

Lame!
:D :D :D :D :razz: :razz: :razz:
Jun 21, 2011
292 posts
25 upvotes
wowwah wrote: about referral:

Make Sure They hooked up on the Virgin Mobile SuperTab™, 3 year or 30 Day agreement either online at virginmobile.ca or at a Virgin Mobile store.

Lame!

The tablet plan is 30-day agreement, right?
:D :D :D :D :razz: :razz: :razz: