Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile $5 Flex tablet data plan - Unlimited data for 2 months + $50 giftcard

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2015 1:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3551 posts
248 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Anyone else gotten their gift card yet or even an email for it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4073 posts
4121 upvotes
Montreal
Received a giftcard by mail today.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
haven't even received the giftcard email and 7 weeks have passed. the service is not bad(coverage and speed) and given that it also have voice and SMS, probably would keep using it as 5 bucks is the cheapest I can find anyway.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
can we use this plan for the nexus 4 phone?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
4073 posts
4121 upvotes
Montreal
OK, I got another SIM for this Flex plan last week. Today, I receive a bill $35 + tax for 2 days around 500MB usage (Virgin Mobile charge the bill after 2 days of activation).

So I called the billing department, they said bla bla you don't have to pay the overage but you have to pay up to 5GB = $35. I said I want to cancel and they transfer me to the cancel department. I complain and they said I was right I don't have to pay any usage, only have to pay $5/month and credit me $30 + tax, note in the account and fix for next billing too...

I guess there is a glitch when they setup this account because my other account only pay $5/month...

So if you got charge $35/month for first month, call and get your money back...
Aug 11, 2001
365 posts
16 upvotes
Good to know. I'll be calling in tomorrow as well since they billed me $28 after taxes as well. Based on the hassle I've been getting from Virgin Mobile this will be the last time I ever try or recommend anyone to it.
Aug 11, 2001
365 posts
16 upvotes
Virgin Mobile experience has been horrid. Took 3 calls to finally get someone to help me. First 2 times after giving them my account info they put me on hold and it hangs up. Finally 3rd guy says the system isn't letting him credit it because there's nothing wrong and wants me to pay the full bill. I tell him I'm only supposed to be paying $5 plus tax otherwise what is the point of this promo? Finally after he talks to his teamlead they say it's a known issue and that he's sorry for doubting me. They'll edit my account right away and I should see the changes on the portal 30min. later. So it's been a few hours and no change. I'm calling back tomorrow to cancel.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7909 posts
3520 upvotes
Anyone else receive a gift card email yet? I've been waiting 7 weeks.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3551 posts
248 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Nothing from me going to have to call them
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1258 posts
892 upvotes
Ottawa
I popped the SIM into my Galaxy S3 today. 5.01GB used so far. I'll probably get cut off at some point, but hopefully I'll get my gift card first :)
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1258 posts
892 upvotes
Ottawa
Note that if you have Avast Anti-Virus installed on your droid, it will send out an international text to the Czech Republic notifying their system that a new IMSI has been installed in your phone. I haven't figured out if there is a way to temporarily disable this feature without uninstalling Avast.

Events 27/11/2012 11:00 AM 420720001669 1:00 International txt message sent

I'm not sure if this will blow the cover of phone users or not. Just a heads up.
May 2, 2012
18 posts
5 upvotes
windsor, on
stuck this sim in a rocketstick. 40+gb per month, 10$ total bill. cancelled my account a month ago and going in tomorrow to buy a new sim card :)
Mar 8, 2006
657 posts
7 upvotes
This sounds perfect for my needs! I don't use voice much at all and want to switch to all data! Planning to stick with Virgin in a while. ********************
Need some tips on investing? Please visit my blog @ hotinvestingtips.net
Feb 13, 2011
88 posts
13 upvotes
Well not so good for me..... Just got my bill for Nov 26th to Nov 30th.....

ACCOUNT SUMMARY for
Current charges summary
Monthly charges 5.00
Other charges and credits 0.50
Usage and long distance 30.00
Total taxes on current charges 1.78
Total current charges including taxes 37.28
Total amount due $37.28
Please pay by* Dec 17, 2012 Total GST included in this bill
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
876 upvotes
Ottawa
I stopped by the Virgin Kiosk at Billings Bridge today and had the sim registered, contract signed, when the CSR noted it did not mention the $5 month x 2 month deal. He was familiar with the deal and had written plenty of them. He checked online, even checked this thread, then called Head Office and they confirmed the deal died on December 1.

I cancelled the deal. :(

Anybody else got something similar? I could care less about the gift cards but I am interested in a good deal on a data booster or tablet plan like this was.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Aug 25, 2002
421 posts
97 upvotes
Montreal
pauldryan wrote: I stopped by the Virgin Kiosk at Billings Bridge today and had the sim registered, contract signed, when the CSR noted it did not mention the $5 month x 2 month deal. He was familiar with the deal and had written plenty of them. He checked online, even checked this thread, then called Head Office and they confirmed the deal died on December 1.

I cancelled the deal. :(

Anybody else got something similar? I could care less about the gift cards but I am interested in a good deal on a data booster or tablet plan like this was.
Telus has pretty much the same offer. Theirs expires at the end of december.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
876 upvotes
Ottawa
malquin wrote: Telus has pretty much the same offer. Theirs expires at the end of december.
Thanks, I picked up one up yesterday. Christmas at the in-laws won,t be so painful. :cheesygri
yadda, yadda, yadda